Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danllo)
    C1 - 90 UMS
    C2 - 96 UMS
    C3 - 83-84 UMS
    C4 - 98 UMS
    S1 - 77-80 UMS
    S2 - Exam on Monday but last year I got 64 UMS (2015 paper). Would my current scores be good enough for an A* even if I didn't resit S2 this coming Monday ?
    as long as all your UMS scores come to an average above 90 your fine.

Whats so hard about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algebraicly)
    for question 8 when you had to find the area, did you need to find the exact area? I used the value of theta and did 1/2absinc to approximate the area.
    I used 1/2absinc as well,which I think is correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny2247)
    If You're smart enough to get high UMS on each paper, why aren't You smart enough to calculate yourself? Or You're just showing off?
    kudos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MY123456)
    I used 1/2absinc as well,which I think is correct.
    I didn't use the exact value of sin theta though, I did cos-1 4/5 and then used this angle in the formula, this wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I've got stuff wrong then ... Just hope my other maths papers were better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danthebox)
    as long as all your UMS scores come to an average above 90 your fine.

Whats so hard about that?
    That isn't true. It's the C3 and C4 UMS sum that needs to be at least 180/200 for an A* overall. You'll also need the UMS sum for all 6 modules to be at least 480/600.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aerofanatic)
    That isn't true. It's the C3 and C4 UMS sum that needs to be at least 180/200 for an A* overall. You'll also need the UMS sum for all 6 modules to be at least 480/600.
    yeah i realised what i typed was wrong, lol.

Im going for A*, and literally sat S1 not having done any revision for it, assuming i get above 90% in C3 and C4.

Think i calculated from my AS grades i needed like 22 UMS or something. still, isn't hard to work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algebraicly)
    I didn't use the exact value of sin theta though, I did cos-1 4/5 and then used this angle in the formula, this wrong?
    So you approximate the angle and get different answer?Actually I am not quite sure for I think they may ask for the exactly value of the area. But don't worried,I think you may probably loose 1 answer mark for different answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MY123456)
    So you approximate the angle and get different answer?Actually I am not quite sure for I think they may ask for the exactly value of the area. But don't worried,I think you may probably loose 1 answer mark for different answer.
    I can't remember if the question said just find the area or find the exact area? I thought it said find the area only. I got the same answer though

ReputationRep:
    These are the marks of each questions as follows:
    Question 1 (Total 6 Marks):
    a) 6 Marks
    Question 2 (Total 9 Marks):
    A) 1 Marks
    B) 3 Marks
    C) 5 Marks
    Question 3 (Total 9 Marks):
    A) 5 Marks
    B) 4 Marks
    Question 4 (Total 7 Marks):
    A) 4 Marks
    B) 3 Marks
    Question 5 (Total 6 Marks):
    A) 4 Marks
    B) 2 Marks
    Question 6 (Total 15 Marks):
    i) 6 Marks
    ii A) 5 Marks
    ii B) 4 Marks
    Question 7 (Total 8 Marks):
    A) 2 Marks
    B) 2 Marks
    C) 4 Marks
    Question 8 (Total 15 Marks):
    A) 1 Marks
    B) 2 Marks
    C) 2 Marks
    D) 3 Marks
    E) 2 Marks
    F) 5 Marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmostNotable)
    Why would you ask that? Just check for yourself.
    Maybe I didn't see this post... Thanks for replying nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    If you've integrated with incorrect limits then you'll get some method marks but not all of them and will lose the answer marks and the final answer mark so yeh you may lose more than 5/6 but I hope you don't
    Thanks for your thoughts!! (Forgot to say yesterday )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asurat)
    Thanks for your thoughts!! (Forgot to say yesterday )
    Don't worry - not everyone is addicted to tsr like me hehhee - it's nice to know I was of some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irahman786)
    These are the marks of each questions as follows:
    Question 1 (Total 6 Marks):
    a) 6 Marks
    Question 2 (Total 9 Marks):
    A) 1 Marks
    B) 3 Marks
    C) 5 Marks
    Question 3 (Total 9 Marks):
    A) 5 Marks
    B) 4 Marks
    Question 4 (Total 7 Marks):
    A) 4 Marks
    B) 3 Marks
    Question 5 (Total 6 Marks):
    A) 4 Marks
    B) 2 Marks
    Question 6 (Total 15 Marks):
    i) 6 Marks
    ii A) 5 Marks
    ii B) 4 Marks
    Question 7 (Total 8 Marks):
    A) 2 Marks
    B) 2 Marks
    C) 4 Marks
    Question 8 (Total 15 Marks):
    A) 1 Marks
    B) 2 Marks
    C) 2 Marks
    D) 3 Marks
    E) 2 Marks
    F) 5 Marks
    Hey was part 8E to find the area of the triangle ?

ReputationRep:
    I think the difficulty of C3 might have been a little overstated. Predicting 67/75 to be 90 UMS in C3 and 69/75 to be 90 UMS in C4. Think I got 65 in C3 and either 74 or 75 in C4 which should hopefully be enough for the A*.

ReputationRep:
    For q7b
    Can you do equation of line y=9 minus the curve instead ? Limits 0 to upper limit

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the grade boundaries ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple9296)
    does anyone know the grade boundaries ??
    Grade boundaries are not released until the day before results day. Most people on here have estimated the 90 UMS/A* boundary to be between 67 and 71 out of 75.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    I think the difficulty of C3 might have been a little overstated. Predicting 67/75 to be 90 UMS in C3 and 69/75 to be 90 UMS in C4. Think I got 65 in C3 and either 74 or 75 in C4 which should hopefully be enough for the A*.
    idk, I know a lot of people who got full/almost marks on C4 but no one who got full marks on C3. I wouldn't be that surprised to see it similar to last years boundaries, maybe +1 or 2. Having done both, ours didn't feel particularly easier but I'm sure it was a little harder because of the whole exam conditions thang

ReputationRep:
    If you got every answer right would you get full marks? Is there an assumption that because you didn't write everything necessary for a method mark but got the right answer you are still correct?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.