2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saskia1694)
    Anyone got any advice for the Barclays online interview? How long is it and is it worthwhile preparing anything?
    It will take approx 30 mins. To be honest you can't really prepare for it, just make sure you're appropriately dressed and in a quiet environment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    It will take approx 30 mins. To be honest you can't really prepare for it, just make sure you're appropriately dressed and in a quiet environment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. Are there numerical reasoning questions involved? Or is it only situational?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saskia1694)
    Thanks. Are there numerical reasoning questions involved? Or is it only situational?
    First part is kinda numerical. You get materials and you have to answer questions on it, including some calculations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    rejected from barclays after the first assessment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    First part is kinda numerical. You get materials and you have to answer questions on it, including some calculations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just out of interest how many days after receiving the email did you complete it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone finished the BAML Situational Judgement Test? How was it? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amal90)
    Hi, has anyone finished the BAML Situational Judgement Test? How was it? .
    I did it yesterday. I was quite surprised couse till last year the test was a numerical by kenexa, now it's an sjt by shl. I guess there is no way to know whether it went good or bad.
    I applied for IB off-cycle, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    so was it everyone who didnt get the barclays business insight that got rejected ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mokorie)
    so was it everyone who didnt get the barclays business insight that got rejected ?
    I meant if you didnt get the automatic invite did you get rejected

ReputationRep:
    got this straight after HSBC second test:

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application.

Kind regards
    HSBC Graduate Recruitment Team

Does everyone get this? And do I get a confirmation that I met the benchmark later? Or is this a bad sign?

ReputationRep:
    I meant if you didnt get the automatic invite did you get rejected
    My invitation wasn't automatic, came through after a couple weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    got this straight after HSBC second test:

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application.

Kind regards
    HSBC Graduate Recruitment Team

Does everyone get this? And do I get a confirmation that I met the benchmark later? Or is this a bad sign?
    The benchmark email normally follows later, about two weeks in my case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My MS status still says:

We look forward to reviewing your application for the 2017 Equity Research Summer Analyst Programme and will let you know if additional information is needed.

and I applied in mid August... is this the same for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    My MS status still says:

We look forward to reviewing your application for the 2017 Equity Research Summer Analyst Programme and will let you know if additional information is needed.

and I applied in mid August... is this the same for everyone?
    My one has said this since I did the numerical test a while ago

Thank you for submitting your application for the 2017 Investment Banking & Global Capital Markets Analyst Programme (EMEA). Your application is currently under review.

I've applied for IBD so that might be why its slightly different, guess both of ours are still under review for now!

ReputationRep:
    whats the structure of business insight 2 or video interview for barclays?
    ive been told i should be receiving it this week or soon

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried applying for the UBS-Corporate Client Solutions graduate role ? As I cannot find this vacancy on their website but I do remember reading about it on this thread sometime ago.

ReputationRep:
    whats the structure of business insight 2 or video interview for barclays?
    ive been told i should be receiving it this week or soon

thank you
    It's basically in 2 parts, the first being numerical and the second video questions. It's impossible to prepare for so I would just give it a go as soon as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by self_help_jj)
    Has anyone tried applying for the UBS-Corporate Client Solutions graduate role ? As I cannot find this vacancy on their website but I do remember reading about it on this thread sometime ago.
    They might have taken it down as they've had a lot of applications for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ive heard quite a lot about an 'internship ladder' of sorts, where you work your way up from smaller firms to larger firms, boutiques to big banks. both of the firms i have previously interned at are quite small, but dont really fit the definition of a boutique (not specialized enough). as i approach my final year, im wondering whether it would be easier to apply to boutiques vs large banks and how exactly to apply. sending cvs, cold-calling, etc?

also, i know that most firms ask you to apply asap regardless of the industry-wide december-january deadline, but i have hsk6 exam in october and only get the results in november. is it worth waiting? espeecially for an asset management/investment banking position that may fill up fast?

would love to hear from anybody who has applied to both, has relevant experience, can answer my question or just wants to chat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigUche)
    I did it yesterday. I was quite surprised couse till last year the test was a numerical by kenexa, now it's an sjt by shl. I guess there is no way to know whether it went good or bad.
    I applied for IB off-cycle, what about you?
    I applied for IB off-cycle as well.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.