Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Erdogan isn't going to be "democratic" in the repression.
    I don't think you understood me. I think epicurean did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    IdeasForLife is hardly a supporter of democracy. He had Zia ul Haq in his avy for a long time, a guy who seized power in Pakistan through a coup d'etat. He has no problems with coup d'etats if they result in an Islamist gaining power.

ReputationRep:
    Soldiers that surrendered on the bridge in Istanbul have bean beaten, a few were beaten to death by Erodogan supporters and their bodies thrown into the river.

Pretty grisly stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    I don't think you understood me. I think epicurean did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understood you; I know that you don't like liberal democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    IdeasForLife is hardly a supporter of democracy. He had Zia ul Haq in his avy for a long time, a guy who seized power in Pakistan through a coup d'etat. He has no problems with coup d'etats if they result in even semi practicing Muslims gaining power in Muslim countries.
    Edited that for you.

(Original post by Josb)
    I understood you; I know that you don't like liberal democracy.
    Ah mb then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Sorry but i dont know much about erdogan. Whats the problem with him? Surely the AK party was elected democratically?

ReputationRep:
    who cares let them shoot them all, #whitepower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Ah...I guess you only support coups when they are supported by America like the coup by Zia ul Haq in Pakistan?
    IFL only supports right wing people in Pakistan, but hates them in India and the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remiremi)
    Soldiers that surrendered on the bridge in Istanbul have bean beaten, a few were beaten to death by Erodogan supporters and their bodies thrown into the river.

Pretty grisly stuff
    I was watching the bridge stuff live as it happened.
    Some people did start beating the soldiers, and some were suggesting to throw them off, but armed police and some elders formed protection around the beaten soldiers to stop those who wanted to beat them more.

ReputationRep:
    Turkish authorities have sacked 2,745 judges this morning - surely all of them weren't involved in the coup?

Also reports that rebels have taken control of a frigate, along with 8 people requesting asylum in Greece after arriving in a military helicopter.

ReputationRep:
    Military take control of frigate and apparently most of deaths were of civilians caught in crossfire or targeted by military who were involved in coup

ReputationRep:
    250 dead.
    3000 military personnel arrested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    I was watching the bridge stuff live as it happened.
    Some people did start beating the soldiers, and some were suggesting to throw them off, but armed police and some elders formed protection around the beaten soldiers to stop those who wanted to beat them more.
    there are photos uploaded to facebook/liveleak of soldiers at the bridge with their throats cut/beaten to death by violent protesters, two of the tank crews were also killed after they were dragged from the vehicle and beaten. The police did not intervene to stop them.

I would link but I don't want to be banned again.

google it

ReputationRep:
    Um, the Turkish PM has basically said that any country that 'stands by' Gulem will be considered at war with Turkey... which means the USA, where Gulem lives in exile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Democracy has prevailed :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looool.

#SultanErdogan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Turkish authorities have sacked 2,745 judges this morning - surely all of them weren't involved in the coup?
    So it begins. #DemocracyRestored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So it begins. #DemocracyRestored
    Loool, now it's all about democracy?

After most of you were supporting an undemocratic coup?

Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    Loool, now it's all about democracy?

After most of you were supporting an undemocratic coup?

Haha.
    I didn't support the coup. I'm just pointing out that Erdogan will take advantage of it to purge the administration and only appoint puppets instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Um, the Turkish PM has basically said that any country that 'stands by' Gulem will be considered at war with Turkey... which means the USA, where Gulem lives in exile.
    And they've essentially closed the USAF base at Incirlik, being used to launch the attacks on IS. That's going to go down well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    And they've essentially closed the USAF base at Incirlik, being used to launch the attacks IS. That's going to go down well...
    Once again Erdogan is playing with fire

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.