The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    I'm going to start revision soon, as I have 1 AS exam to revise for, 6 A2 exams and 2 GCSE exams. I know we've literally just started back at school but I want to go from DEE to much higher grades. I know I can do it I just need to make sure I have this mindset all year round also I need to make sure I'm on top on any homework and coursework I need to do, as that will definitely help
    I've got 8 A2 exams . Good luck by the way

ReputationRep:
    Registered with UCAS today, cannot wait to start applying! Hope to have everything sent off first week in October

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to open day to any of the following universities- imperial college london, Nottingham, Birmingham, UCL? If not then what is the uni you have been to that was very good??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeB16)
    Registered with UCAS today, cannot wait to start applying! Hope to have everything sent off first week in October
    In form today my tutor said that universities are more likely to look at your application if you apply early, so you're doing the right thing!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    In form today my tutor said that universities are more likely to look at your application if you apply early, so you're doing the right thing!!!!!!
    I just want to get it out the way XD It will be a big weight off my shoulders and I'll be able to focus on my subjects and getting those important grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief_98)
    I'm in the same dielema! May just make better notes and condense them further.
    Same. I may pick up something I didn't last year by doing this

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off my UCAS application. It's the end of the beginning, I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    Just sent off my UCAS application. It's the end of the beginning, I guess?
    tell us how it goes, which unis did u pick btw

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start revision soon, as I have 1 AS exam to revise for, 6 A2 exams and 2 GCSE exams. I know we've literally just started back at school but I want to go from DEE to much higher grades. I know I can do it I just need to make sure I have this mindset all year round also I need to make sure I'm on top on any homework and coursework I need to do, as that will definitely help
    How come you gave gcse exams to do are they resit exams ?
    I'm currently doing A2 and resit of maths - haven't had time for maths tho by the looks of it for you, you have so much todo but you can do it !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusufff)
    Same. I may pick up something I didn't last year by doing this
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    Same like this university thing is becoming a bit of a hobby. Think I need to seek help

ReputationRep:
    Any advise on writing a personal statement for a science foundation year
    (Want to pursue career in pharmacy afterwards )
    Do I talk about both on why I want to apply for the foundation degree or my career aspirations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Any advise on writing a personal statement for a science foundation year
    (Want to pursue career in pharmacy afterwards )
    Do I talk about both on why I want to apply for the foundation degree or my career aspirations?
    I'm no expert but more about the foundation degree - career briefly, but remember they're reading your PS for that particular course, not the job to potentially come in a few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusufff)
    I'm no expert but more about the foundation degree - career briefly, but remember they're reading your PS for that particular course, not the job to potentially come in a few years.
    Thankyou for your response!
    so would I talk about the particular course and what inspired me and also my achievements and the usual things in an personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Thankyou for your response!
    so would I talk about the particular course and what inspired me and also my achievements and the usual things in an personal statement
    Pretty much! If all the unis you're applying to have a same common unit, you could briefly say that this has inspired you because ...

Also make sure your opening is good - nothing cliche or boring

ReputationRep:
    It's been a long time....ugh having a broken phone sucks. When I get a new phone I'll be more active, as hopefully the App Store has the TSR app! I put my first course down earlier....Nottingham Trent to study Media. It makes me feel sick knowing that this time next year I will be moving/will have moved out!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am doing 4 A2 levels and I'm getting stressed because I feel like nobody else is in the same position! It really worries me! I know that if I work really hard and put the effort in, it will pay off like it did in my AS year. Anyone else doing 4 full A levels?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing 4 A2 levels and I'm getting stressed because I feel like nobody else is in the same position! It really worries me! I know that if I work really hard and put the effort in, it will pay off like it did in my AS year. Anyone else doing 4 full A levels?
    Wow, I don't think anyone I know is carrying on with all 4 A levels!! You'll be fine, as you said the hard work and effort will pay off like at AS

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I don't think anyone I know is carrying on with all 4 A levels!! You'll be fine, as you said the hard work and effort will pay off like at AS
    I really hope it does! I've seen on university connect on TSR a lot of people taking 4 a levels and there's a few at my school doing 4 and re-sits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    Anyone else feeling like they've fallen behind already?
    Mee!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.