Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Abx used orally QDS for C diff - vancomycin
    Abx contraindicated in tennis player on prednisolone - ciprofloxacin
    Abx that discolours urine to red/orange - rifampicin
    Abx that produces sweating / flushing / nausea upon drinking alcohol - metronidazole
    Abx that interacts with simvastatin - clarithromycin

I can't remember whether there was a 6th Abx question
    Tennis Player???What was the one about epilepsy?Were none of the answers Gent??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holistic_pharm)
    I got 3 rejections also I hope you invite for some interview?x
    Still waiting to hear and praying!!! Did you get 3 rejections and an interview? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmacee)
    Tennis Player???What was the one about epilepsyWas none of the answers Gent??
    Epilepsy qs was cipro (drops siezure threshold?)

ReputationRep:
    Tennis Player???What was the one about epilepsyWas none of the answers Gent??
    Afternoon people (1-3 and 3-5) had a different paper to the morning people (9-11 and 11-1) - I was in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon people (1-3 and 3-5) had a different paper to the morning people (9-11 and 11-1) - I was in the morning.
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. Hahahha

ReputationRep:
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. Hahahha
    No probs, so how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    No probs, so how did you find it?
    *Insert smiling pile of poo emoji*
    (((((: How about you?

ReputationRep:
    *Insert smiling pile of poo emoji*
    ))) How about you?
    Really? What went wrong? I thought it was fair and the calculations were straightforward on the whole. Didn't expect so many questions on the GPhC / NHS values / pre-registration training!

ReputationRep:
    Really? What went wrong? I thought it was fair and the calculations were straightforward on the whole. Didn't expect so many questions on the GPhC / NHS values / pre-registration training!
    I'm having a brain fart... what were the q's on NHS values and GPhC???Idk I feel like I might've messed up prioritisation

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a brain fart... what were the q's on NHS values and GPhC???Idk I feel like I might've messed up prioritisation
    Something like which of the following is (or isn't, can't remember) the role of the GPhC, and similar stuff about the NHS Constitution etc.

ReputationRep:
    Got interviews for hospitals in the South west! Anyone know what kind of questions to expect??*

ReputationRep:
    Thames valley interview: 60 minutes, 3 stations, 5 topics.

ReputationRep:
    hey, how did you find that out? have you been offered an interview? still haven't heard anything back since the message saying getting our exam info was delayed. now worried i haven't been considered

(Original post by suitofgold)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdsrlington)
    Can anyone suggest any important reports/documents to read up on in preparation for interviews? Planning on going over the Francis report but if there are any other crucial ones I would appreciate someone letting me know!
    The Carter review, Berwick report and the kneogh report they all go hand in hand with the Francis one

ReputationRep:
    Ah first interview tomorrow morning! Super nervous

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got an interview for any of the Welsh hospitals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suitofgold)
    Did they offer you an interview? I still haven't heard back from them.. worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharma123)
    Ah first interview tomorrow morning! Super nervous
    Good luck, hope it goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hz2005)
    The Carter review, Berwick report and the kneogh report they all go hand in hand with the Francis one
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ika17)
    Did they offer you an interview? I still haven't heard back from them.. worried now
    (Original post by mw0211)
    hey, how did you find that out? have you been offered an interview? still haven't heard anything back since the message saying getting our exam info was delayed. now worried i haven't been considered
    Yes I think they sent out a batch of interviews last night around 7 PM. A friend of mine got one as well, good luck to you guys!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.