A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    just spend a load of money on remarks! 1 mark off an A in German and 1 mark off an A in politics? Do you think I have a good chance of making BB go up to AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.thorne10)
    That awkward moment when you say the grade boundaries are 'very high' yet 100 UMS in D1 edexcel /this year was 63/75
    I said usually. The mean grade boundary for D1 is 75/75. haha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Do less bragging and more reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelCx99)
    Is sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was
    No, my board was OCR, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.thorne10)
    That awkward moment when you say the grade boundaries are 'very high' yet 100 UMS in D1 edexcel this year was 63/75 haha
    I do aqa is that better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    I do aqa is that better?
    The unit will contain most of the same stuff. Edexcel is the more popular exam board for Maths that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel Biology IAL - 298/300 UMS (A)
    Edexcel Physics IAL - 290/300 UMS (A)
    Edexcel Chemistry IAL - 286/300 UMS (A)
    Edexcel IAL C12 - 183/200 UMS (A) & S1 - 99/100 UMS (A).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    The unit will contain most of the same stuff. Edexcel is the more popular exam board for Maths that's all.
    Alright kls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted C / Achieved A
    Physics: Predicted B / Achieved B
    Art: Predicted C / Achieved B

Comments and Reactions
    Kinda expected these results, although thought it would've been an A in art instead of Chemistry
    Future Ambitions
    Studying architecture at uni, want to goto Cambridge but don't think I can get an offer with these AS grades.

ReputationRep:
    AAA in maths biology and chemistry at AS level

ReputationRep:
    BBB in History, English Lit/Lang and Media

ReputationRep:
    A*AB in Economics, Biology and Maths respectively

ReputationRep:
    Results

Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Psychology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    ICT: Predicted A / Achieve A
    Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and Reactions
    Over the moon! SO happy with these results considering the fact I came out of every exam wanting to cry.

Future Ambitions
    To study either Law or Psychology at university

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Maths (Edexcel): Predicted A / Achieved C (33 UMS in D1 so retaking - Just need 72 UMS for A (201 right now)
    • Physics (OCR A): Predicted E >/ Achieved B (Best grade I got)
    • Computer Science (OCR): Predicted B / Achieved B
    • Electronics (A2, OCR): Predicted B / Achieved B (459UMS, Thinking of retaking F613 and F614)
    Comments and reactions
    I didn't finish all questions in D1, so this is probably why. I wanted AABB minimum (as this would allow me to apply for unis like Loughborough and Surrey quite comfortably.) However, since my predictions probably won't be more than BBBB, I am at a wall right now (In terms of the unis I can apply to.)
    Also, my parents are gonna be scrutinising my every movements from this day forward (especially on the computer + phone since I'm a known procrastinator and my mum thinks I spend too much time on YouTube), since I'm a failiure in their eyes, even though I know I'm not, but they will beat me down and I fear this will make it harder to learn, as they fill my mind with fixed, garbage thoughts that I don't want or need right now.
    Future ambitions
    I would like to apply for Electronic engineering, but the C in maths (which is trivial to improve) will seriously hurt my uni chances. I may have to reapply in a gap year when my grades improve, but I don't know what to do on UCAS. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi288)
    A*AB in Economics, Biology and Maths respectively
    You cannot obtain an A* at AS level. So you are either lying, or you haven't realised that this thread is for AS.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I only realised when I read the thread title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamO7)
    Results
    • Maths (Edexcel): Predicted A / Achieved C (33 UMS in D1 so retaking - Just need 72 UMS for A (201 right now)
    • Physics (OCR A): Predicted E >/ Achieved B (Best grade I got)
    • Computer Science (OCR): Predicted B / Achieved B
    • Electronics (A2, OCR): Predicted B / Achieved B (459UMS, Thinking of retaking F613 and F614)
    Comments and reactions
    I didn't finish all questions in D1, so this is probably why. I wanted AABB minimum (as this would allow me to apply for unis like Loughborough and Surrey quite comfortably.) However, since my predictions probably won't be more than BBBB, I am at a wall right now (In terms of the unis I can apply to.)
    Also, my parents are gonna be scrutinising my every movements from this day forward (especially on the computer + phone since I'm a known procrastinator and my mum thinks I spend too much time on YouTube), since I'm a failiure in their eyes, even though I know I'm not, but they will beat me down and I fear this will make it harder to learn, as they fill my mind with fixed, garbage thoughts that I don't want or need right now.
    Future ambitions
    I would like to apply for Electronic engineering, but the C in maths (which is trivial to improve) will seriously hurt my uni chances. I may have to reapply in a gap year when my grades improve, but I don't know what to do on UCAS. *sigh*
    A reminder that this is an AS thread so your electronics doesn't count here. I know a lot of people had that problem with D1 (I started at the back).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    A reminder that this is an AS thread so your electronics doesn't count here. I know a lot of people had that problem with D1 (I started at the back).
    Yeah, I started from the algorithm question, and then went to the critical path analysis one, and only had 10 mins to do the rest, so I messed up pretty badly.

AS electronics got a B last year, so I'm thinking of retaking the coursework (got 53/80 UMS I believe.)

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Subject: Maths Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Subject: Sociology Predicted E / Achieved C
    Comments and reactions
    I was very unhappy with the UMS marks I got in Maths :c89 for c1, I blame the migraine I had at the begging of the exam as I could have gotten 100.91 for c2, I don't know why but I became extremely anxious about half way through and rushed which lead to misreading 2 questions completely.
    89 for M1, I got all of the final answers correct so my working was not up to standard.
    I did worse in the real exam than literally every single one of my practice papers.

I was very happy for sociology as I didn't go to any lessons for the past 3 months as I dropped it.

Future ambitions
    Computer Science at University of Sheffield (or oxford if I am super duper lucky, no harm trying)

ReputationRep:
    AAAA in Maths, Physics, Chem and Bio.

Will Imperial consider baring in mind I only have 1 A* at GCSE, and also, how can I find out my science UMS scores???
    Chemical engineering btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espicton98)
    Results
    EPQ: A* (predicted A)
    Sociology:A (predicted B)
    Politics: C (predicted D)

Comments
    I wasn't entered for AS exams in History or English (my two strongest) absolutely ecstatic with my results, I'm dropping politics but was a complete miracle to pass as there has been many teaching issues with it this year

Future Ambitions
    English literature at Cambridge
    What did you do your EPQ about and was it hard work? Thinking about doing one next year in year 13 to get me more tariff points but not sure if ill be able to cope. I've heard its hard work!

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm a bit late but this is how I did

Results:
    Edexcel Maths: A (C1:100 C2:97 S1:89)
    Edexcel Further Maths: A (FP1:99 S2:98 D1:84)
    Edexcel Economics: A (122 overall)
    AQA Physics: A (Dunno marks new spec)

Comments
    Quite surprised really cos I was preparing for AABB. Wish D1 UMS was slightly higher but definitely not retaking (I hated D1 lol). Very happy with S2 UMS because it means I only have to average 90 UMS in 2 Further Maths modules next year to get an A*

Future Ambitions
    Maths and Econ at any top uni

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.