Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Ignotus~Veritas)
    Who said I was insulting you? I was just stating fact [about myself].

And thanks, Fer the Ferret. For some reason I never saw that before. . . .
    when is the opal deception gonna be out.march or may next year?how long is it?
    hey has anyone read any of eoin colfer's other books?the wish list and the supernaturalist.i have read the latter and its quite good,its set in the future.i've also read this book by darren shan who's eoin colfers' friend and thats really good too.infact Eoin Colfer,Darren Shan and J K Rowling are my favourite authors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    when is the opal deception gonna be out.march or may next year?how long is it?
    hey has anyone read any of eoin colfer's other books?the wish list and the supernaturalist.i have read the latter and its quite good,its set in the future.i've also read this book by darren shan who's eoin colfers' friend and thats really good too.infact Eoin Colfer,Darren Shan and J K Rowling are my favourite authors.
    I have read both The Wish List and Supernaturalist. They're great. I haven't read anything by Darren Shan.

(Original post by wottabout)
    I have read both The Wish List and Supernaturalist. They're great. I haven't read anything by Darren Shan.
    ah,well u should read darren shans' books.they're excellent.Bloody Brilliant,as Ron(harry potter) would say.
    hey i have a question - i can almost hear y'all growwn inwardly at my words - u see,in the third book,when dear boy is under mesmer and hollys' asking him what he did to remind himself of the fairy creatures,how come he didnt give away the fact that he gave mulch the disc inside that medallion thingamajig??i have a feeling i knew the answer when i read the book,but i cant recall it now.
    heh heh,i just realized how ironic that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wottabout)
    I have read both The Wish List and Supernaturalist.
    Oh I loved the Supernatralist! I never read Wish List, as it seemed to be more than fantasy (to me) . . . .

ReputationRep:
    yo-less: Okay, the Opal Deception is going to be out May next year, I forget the exact date. As for the length...I'd say about as long as the third book, or shorter. Colfer doesn't vary too much on the length of his books.

Artemis didn't give away his plan (Mulch and the disk) when he was being "mesmerized" because he wasn't under the mesmer, only fooling the fairies into thinking so. He wore mirrored contacts (custom made by Butler's associate in Limerick) that blocked the magic of the mesmer. He was acting.

Also, the disk was not inside the real medallion, but actually sprayed golden to look like the medallion. I'm guessing Artemis hid the real medallion somewhere in the Manor, which, I realize, could have been found by the LEP in their search.....Another plothole?

Yes, the Wish List was a very cute story, but I haven't gotten around to reading the Supernaturalist.

What are some titles of books by Darren Shan?

(Original post by Schizy)
    yo-less: Okay, the Opal Deception is going to be out May next year, I forget the exact date. As for the length...I'd say about as long as the third book, or shorter. Colfer doesn't vary too much on the length of his books.

Artemis didn't give away his plan (Mulch and the disk) when he was being "mesmerized" because he wasn't under the mesmer, only fooling the fairies into thinking so. He wore mirrored contacts (custom made by Butler's associate in Limerick) that blocked the magic of the mesmer. He was acting.

Also, the disk was not inside the real medallion, but actually sprayed golden to look like the medallion. I'm guessing Artemis hid the real medallion somewhere in the Manor, which, I realize, could have been found by the LEP in their search.....Another plothole?

Yes, the Wish List was a very cute story, but I haven't gotten around to reading the Supernaturalist.

What are some titles of books by Darren Shan?

oh yeah,the mirrowed lenses,now i remember.when he found them the next morn he said they were mirrowed..hm..am i spelling that word wrong?
    anyway,he acted the "mesmerized boy" role very well,he seemed so innocent when holly asked him what he had done to trigger memories and he was like "its a secret...d'u promise not to tell the others?" or somthing like that.reminded me forcefully and rather unpleasantly of my 4 yr old sister though.
    oooh,u should read the supernaturalist,its really good.its set in the future
    where this guy called cosmo who is an orphan and is in a institute for the "parentally challanged" - i love that phrase - and obviously he escapes and then joins a group of teens who are rebelling against parasitic beings only they can see who suck the life out of people.wow,i make it sound really lame but trust me,its very nice.
    dont u guys think it would be really cool and funny if a couple of the chapters in the opal deception were about artemis at school,baffling his teachers and amazing his friends - though i dont know if he'll have any,he's not exactly easily approachable.
    speaking of funny,what were the funniest parts in all the books??????
    the darren shan books are cirque du freak,the vampire's assistant,vampire mountain,the vampire prince,tunnels of blood and a load of others

ReputationRep:
    Okay, how rare is it that you ever see any Artemis Fowl fanart? I'v only seen a few galleries in my whole life! So, I did a websearch, and this is what came up:

Holly Pic (is that really how the suits look?)

Anyway, here is the etire index of art (not just AF-I only reconized half of the art, though.)Index

Oh, and I've got a problem. Every time I try to go to DeviantART this stupid add that's trying to get me to subscibe keeps getting in my way-it's all I ever see! And it's not just on the homepage-what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that ad thing. Well, that hasn't popped up for me in a while, probably cuz I'm a member. I don't exactly remember what the ad was like, but you could either sit through the whole ad, or look for some sort of link saying "skip ad" or something. If there is no link or the link doesn't work, I'd just wait for the ad to finish and say "no thanks" when they ask for a donation or something.

Anyway....there's actually quite a few Arty fanarts, though it's hard to find really good ones.

http://artemis-club.deviantart.com/

There are a lot of fanarts on the side of the screen, there are icons with links next to them to pictures (they say: [link], yeah....).

My Artemis fanart is linked in my signature (right down there).

Fanart Central

This has a lot of Artemis Fanart, and the gallery keeps growing. I recognize a few of the drawing styles there, like Green Desire and Yusuke SprtDtctv and i luv jin. My favorites are the ones titled *-Artemis Fowl-luvvuuuuuuXD* (yeah weird title, I know), Artemis Fowl Arctic Incident Comic, Artemis Fowl - He Can FLY!, and Artemis as a rabbit. Most of them are cute, but if you're pretty young, mind the ratings, there's some lemon-ish ones. (like, one or two; only one that's really revealing--I'd say you're pretty safe)

Artemis Fowl fan club

Another deviantArt club, some of the pics aren't Arty pics, but most are. If you know your way around deviantART, then you can see all the fanart available on that club account (since they're not all laid out for you), which is hosted (I think) by AgiVega, very cute.

I think I know of more, but can't find it now.....I like Tyranny's F-Art, but am not sure if she would want me to link it here....

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that ad thing. Well, that hasn't popped up for me in a while, probably cuz I'm a member.
    I am a member. And goodness, how come I've never seen all the AF art before?

ReputationRep:
    I am a member. And goodness, how come I've never seen all the AF art before?
    You're a member? Do you have any Arty fanart?

ReputationRep:
    You're a member? Do you have any Arty fanart?
    Oh, I'm a photagrapher. Though, I'm unable to submit anything at the moment-stupid scanner is broken!

argh...somethings wrong!!!!!!!on the new messages list the person who posted a message last appears,but when i access the page to try and read it the freakin' message deosnt appear!!!!!!!

argh...somethings wrong!!!!!!!on the new messages list the person who posted a message last appears,but when i access the page to try and read it the freakin' message deosnt appear!!!!!!!
    ah.forget that,after i submited that the rest of the messages mysteriously appeared ...hm....suspicious(i stroke an imaginary goatee thoughtfully).
    the fanart is hilarious...goodgrief,half the ppl who submited pics which look japaneese-cartoonish must be related to my friend.exactly the same kindsa pics,except in hers',its not the artist hugging artemis fowl,its the artist hugging my bro - she fancies him.anyway,i like the pic where the artist is hugging arty and he's like "Butler!!!!!".that was pretty funny."artemis face concepts" on closer inspection are rather like i imagined him.btw,how come no root pics?perhaps no one could er...do justice to the sight that he is - i have heard from reliable sources that he aint a prince charming(no pun intended on shrek2's prince charming)
    hey guys,any other sites with fan art?

also are there other quiz places?

ReputationRep:
    Jee, I haven't been on for ages so I'm really behind.
    On the topic of fanart, how do you guys usually draw them? On the computer or on paper by hand?
    Luv your signature by the way, yo-less

(Original post by ~independent~)
    Jee, I haven't been on for ages so I'm really behind.
    On the topic of fanart, how do you guys usually draw them? On the computer or on paper by hand?
    Luv your signature by the way, yo-less
    good question.i'm gonna try some out myself.on paper probably.dunno if i can,though i do draw comic strips of my friends'.for some reason i draw them as hybrids of half themselves,half what ever x men character they are.dont ask,we've got this thing where we're all different x men charcters....
    thanks independant,but which part of my signature did u like?
    oh,i just read the wish list.its quite good,though i do prefer the supernaturalist.and artemis fowl,duh :cool:

ReputationRep:
    also are there other quiz places?
    Go to www.quizilla.com
    or do a websearch.

Go to www.quizilla.com
    or do a websearch.
    no i mean other than quizilla.i think i've done all of the quizes there that i wanna do.
    hey is artemis 14 in the next book ?and the arty files...when were they made?after his memory swipe or what?

deos anyone know the EXACT release date of opal incident?

ReputationRep:
    More links! Yay!

Fanart I missed:

Just browse around this page.

Quizzes:

This is on Kitty Rainbow's site (Artemis Fowl Character Test)

This is on an official site(Which Artemis Fowl Character are You?)

Quizilla - Which Artemis Fowl Character Are You?(some results now have pics)

hey is artemis 14 in the next book ?and the arty files...when were they made?after his memory swipe or what?
    Yesh, he is going to be fourteen-ish, according to Colfer (I think). The Arty Files are supposedly a collection of information recorded by Artemis after the wipe, and after his memory is presumably restored.The interviews and the stories did not take place at the same time. The LEPrecon story was of course way before Arty met the fairies, and the Seventh Dwarf was between the Arctic Incident and the Eternity Code. I think the interviews took place after the Opal Incident, but everything in the Artemis Fowl Files were supposed to be recorded by Artemis at one point and was "top secret". It's really just an extra booklet Colfer put out for fun, though.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.