Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

Announcements

(Original post by Tizmo)
      Another Arsenal fan here

Tomorrow is going to be a tough match. Our boys are on a high after beating Orient, so I expect us to win. A big win is just what we needed after what happened on Sunday. Playing against Sunderland has always been tough though, even at home. If our strikers can play well, I think we will have a good chance of winning it. Here's to hoping that Bendtner can keep up what he started at Orient, goals.
      :football:

(Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
      Problem with Denilson is he often makes stupid passes that put us under more pressure. Also he's a terrible defensive midfielder and always gets caught out. But if Song's out then Denilson will probably be the best option so we'll have to hope he has one of his good games, because he isn't always bad.
      I think the problem is that he isn't a defensive midfielder at all. In the truest sense, imo, we don't really have any backup for Song (except perhaps Frimpong).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by antonfigo)
      Loved him at the WC :coma:
      Same. I'd easily have him at Arsenal. People say £13m was expensive, but tbh I think it was cheap. Sunderland don't deserve him.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      I think the problem is that he isn't a defensive midfielder at all. In the truest sense, imo, we don't really have any backup for Song (except perhaps Frimpong).
      We don't but then again Song for large parts this season hasn't really been a defensive midfielder. Despite the fact that every team feels that a defensive mid is a must, I sort of feel that we could play without one as long as each of our mids have discipline and have an understanding where one can hang back.

I would say this season our best 'defensive mid' has been Wilshere. Song was good at the start of the season, but since then it's mainly been Jack tackling, hanging deepest of the 3 etc. Although maybe I'm just talking rubbish...

ReputationRep:
      How was ramsey doing during the loan ?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by antonfigo)
      How was ramsey doing during the loan ?
      Improving all the time and pretty good, I believe. I think he scored his first goal since the injury in his last home game for them which was only the other week so hopefully he's pretty much ready to go.

ReputationRep:
      We must win

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by G550NDH)
      We must win
      Definitely, definitely a must-win game!
      Come on Gunners!!

ReputationRep:
      Arsenal line up: Szcz, , Sagna, Kos,Djourou, Clichy, Nasri (c), Denilson, Diaby, Wilshere, Arshavin, Bendtner

Subs: Almunia, Rosicky, Ramsey, Squillaci, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh

Sunderland: Mignolet, Ferdinand, Mensah, Bramble, Bardsley, Henderson, Muntari, Malbranque, Richardson, Sessegnon, Gyan

ReputationRep:
      That team is good enough to win by several goals but also capable of playing terribly and creating nothing. We really need every to turn up and be at their best today, none of them better be thinking of saving themselves for the Barca game.

ReputationRep:
      Line up looks decent :yy:
      We have to win :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
      This team has enough potential to confortably beat Sunderland, IF they perform.

ReputationRep:
      I was wondering why everyone was talking about the match, then I realised the match was today.
      God this week went fast :moon:

We need a win here, it would put us 1 point behind Man United and really put them under some pressure. However we need to watch out for injuries, we can't afford to be off form for Barcalona. Here's hoping for a good win.

ReputationRep:
      I'm throwing a predo out there of a 3-1 win.

Arshavin, Bendtner and Diaby for us, Gyan for Sunderland. :yy:

ReputationRep:
      Denilson. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
      *cough*

ReputationRep:
      Very poor half from Arsenal so far.

ReputationRep:
      Koscielny is attacking a lot today...

ReputationRep:
      Djourou is the only player who is performing right now, everyone else has been poor.

ReputationRep:
      I'm only listening on the radio but it sounds like Arsenal are starting to dominate... With Nasri and Wilshere getting into their groove.. hopefully a goal soon

ReputationRep:
      That's a fantastic save, good shot from Nick.

Some of Nasri's play: :coma:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.