Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    With the news this year that the top 500 state schools performed as well as private schools at GCSE level.. was Gove right all along. An interesting one for Labour MP's i think?
    Right about what?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Right about what?
    I think what Rakas is trying to say is that Gove was 'right-wing all along'. In case there was doubt.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I think what Rakas is trying to say is that Gove was 'right-wing all along'. In case there was doubt.
    Exactly, I don't think there's too much debate about that fact.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Right about what?
    His approach. The left railed against it but its now proven to have improved state education.

ReputationRep:
    His approach. The left railed against it but its now proven to have improved state education.
    Has it?
    I'd want significant statistical evidence to prove that.

ReputationRep:
    Which policy do you attribute to this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Possibly. It's hard to prove whether academy status helped this or not, or whether schools with less competent headteachers also improved.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    On behalf of myself and the entire TSR Labour Party I'd like to congratulate those who gained vote share in this election and commiserate with those who lost out. I am proud of my party's victory and with this support we are eager to push forward our policy platform during the new term.

RA
    Leader of the TSR Labour Party

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

1. What are you doing to help the environment?
    2. Do you agree with nuclear weapons

Thanks,
    William.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RuWill2001)
    Hi!

1. What are you doing to help the environment?
    2. Do you agree with nuclear weapons

Thanks,
    William.
    Hello,

I have to say that I do not speak for the whole of my party, though will endeavour to answer these as best I can.

This term we will be focussing on tidal and marine energy as a priority though we cannot rule out looking towards other means of clean and renewable energy also.

As a party which has been in favour of multilateral disarmament for a number of decades we don't agree with them and will always be working with other countries to achieve the ultimate goal of disarmament. There are some unilateralists in our party (I am one of them) as there are some in any party (including Michael Portillo in the Tories) but we as a party have decided our position on the matter, whether or not that position will change in the future is a tough one to predict though I hope that disarmament happens as soon as possible and we'll constantly work towards that end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Hello,

I have to say that I do not speak for the whole of my party, though will endeavour to answer these as best I can.

This term we will be focussing on tidal and marine energy as a priority though we cannot rule out looking towards other means of clean and renewable energy also.

As a party which has been in favour of multilateral disarmament for a number of decades we don't agree with them and will always be working with other countries to achieve the ultimate goal of disarmament. There are some unilateralists in our party (I am one of them) as there are some in any party (including Michael Portillo in the Tories) but we as a party have decided our position on the matter, whether or not that position will change in the future is a tough one to predict though I hope that disarmament happens as soon as possible and we'll constantly work towards that end.
    The party is not the environmental police is it? Are you heavy on environment?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    The party is not the environmental police is it? Are you heavy on environment?
    Not ridiculously, no.

ReputationRep:
    Not ridiculously, no.
    Is that not inconsistent with what Milibanter said ?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Is that not inconsistent with what Milibanter said ?
    No.

Tidal and wave power are nothing extreme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.

Tidal and wave power are nothing extreme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it is. He is mascarading as a member of the environment police after reading some of his posts. A little bit of contradictory going on here

ReputationRep:
    I think it is. He is mascarading as a member of the environment police after reading some of his posts. A little bit of contradictory going on here
    Different members have different views on the environment.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well, James did originally join the Greens so the environment clearly has a certain importance for him.

Possibly more so than for some of our other members.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Different members have different views on the environment.
    Whats yours?

ReputationRep:
    Whats yours?
    We must build large amounts of nuclear powerplants to transition from fossil fuels to less polluting sources before transitioning to renewable sources after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    We must build large amounts of nuclear powerplants to transition from fossil fuels to less polluting sources before transitioning to renewable sources after that.
    Ok good idea if it can be done quickly i do not like excessive environmental issues

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.