Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So... anyone else headed for the Hull Politics Conference tomorrow? :cool:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the late replies

(Original post by JustaDreamer)
    Lol yh it does sound dramatic :eek: I have 6 frees in a fortnight; about six hours. Lol me and my friends thought it was gonna be relaxing and all that jazz but nup. Oh why? One of my friends has switched from Lit to Econ!
    Only six?! :eek: We have about 24 hours of frees in a fortnight! :eek::woo:

I already know much of what we're covering and it's just common sense really (why is unemployment bad, free market vs Keynesian economics etc.)

(Original post by Glitch96)
    Computer Science... you mean Computing? :confused: Please tell me you mean Computing, and you're not programming already.
    Yeah, computing but we are programming already. Half of the lessons are theory (Binary multiplication, division and addition is so easy :rofl:) and half are practical programming. So far I've made a sum and average calculator for three integers that has a built in verification system to prevent the software crashing from trying to add a non-integer, so I haven't done too much.

(Original post by Princepieman)
    It's been a while man, how are you handling sixth-form? Did you enjoy your summer holidays?

So, yeah, I had to have a phone interview in the middle of a math lesson today - uber awkward asking the teacher and class to hush down. Nevertheless, I still got invited for a face-to-face interview, which is next week.

In other news, the Queen is coming to my old international school to name their theatre after herself. Anybody think I could sneak in to see it?
    Been great thanks! College is so much better than Secondary School, even if the lessons are more challenging. Teachers, free time, lesson content etc. are miles more interesting than their equivalent when I was in Year 11. How about you?

(Original post by NikolaT)
    So... anyone else headed for the Hull Politics Conference tomorrow? :cool:
    Pelt Tom Watson with eggs for me will you?

Spoiler:
    Show

Please don't. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)

Only six?! :eek: We have about 24 hours of frees in a fortnight! :eek::woo:
    I only have an hour and a half of frees a week! :eek:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    I only have an hour and a half of frees a week! :eek:
    :eek: You guys have so much workload!

But what time is your normal school day? (like 8:30 - 3:00?)

ReputationRep:

8:15 - 3:45 on Mondays, 8:40 - 3:15 on Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:40 - 3:45 on Wednesdays and 8:30 - 3:45 on Thursdays. What time is yours?

ReputationRep:

You get 24 frees a fortnight?! I get 11 a fortnight, but most of those are last lesson so I just come home. Out school day is 8:50-3:05.

ReputationRep:
    I only get 5 frees a week, but that totals up to 7.5 hours.

Tutorial/Form only lasts for half a period, so that's then 8.25 hours, and enrichment is 3 hours a week, so the total is then 11.25.

If you then add in all the breaks throughout the week (we get a 15 minute break between each lesson which is far too long imo, it's too short to do anything productive, so I just go to the student centre - common room - and chill), I have a grand total of 18 hours and 55 minutes of free time throughout the week whilst in college.

I'm in lessons for 18 hours and 45 minutes altogether, so I actually have more free time than lesson time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, computing but we are programming already. Half of the lessons are theory (Binary multiplication, division and addition is so easy :rofl:) and half are practical programming. So far I've made a sum and average calculator for three integers that has a built in verification system to prevent the software crashing from trying to add a non-integer, so I haven't done too much.
    Haven't done much? You might as well have made Windows 9 compared to my class, the most complicated matter we've tackled is... well... we made a list of user interfaces (eg. forms and GUIs), and we made a part time work form for homework. In Microsoft Publisher. :awesome: I asked my teacher about programming and apparently it isn't a mandatory part of the course in any real form so I probably won't even get to where you are, OCR everyone! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In terms of lessons I have 25 hours 25 minutes of lessons a week

ReputationRep:
    Also, I've succumbed to the appeal of iOS 7 and it failed after an hour of waiting :mad:. Now my phone's in recovery mode but at least when it's recovered it'll have the new software. I seriously cannot remember the last time I tried to update my phone and this didn't happen :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone do in their breaks and lunches? My friends and I play Magic: The Gathering XD (When no homework is to be done)

ReputationRep:
    Mother****ing #base looool
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the late replies

Only six?! :eek: We have about 24 hours of frees in a fortnight! :eek: :woo

Been great thanks! College is so much better than Secondary School, even if the lessons are more challenging. Teachers, free time, lesson content etc. are miles more interesting than their equivalent when I was in Year 11. How about you?
    Ha, you college students always on about your "free periods" pffffttt! I jest, it's been immensely stressful as my week's are basically filled to the brim with extra-curriculars, jobs, trading, my business etc. on the whole though, class sizes have reduced somewhat and they have both people in my year and the one above. Coursework is somewhat more interesting - especially Physics and Math. The workload has also increased greatly, I'm expected to study 15-22 hours per week - ain't gonna happen and NABs are the devil's second coming as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai Bloodworth)
    What does everyone do in their breaks and lunches? My friends and I play Magic: The Gathering XD (When no homework is to be done)
    Stand outside a shop for 45 mins. Everyday. Without fail.

ReputationRep:
    At break and lunch I just tend to sit and chat with my friends. In my free periods I normally do work or help prepare stuff for my school's charity week.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    In terms of lessons I have 25 hours 25 minutes of lessons a week
    Soooo lucky! I have to take a mandatory enrichment(Recording Studio for me) because Secondary 5 students aren't allowed frees, It's fairly easygoing though, no exams, just the occasional schoolwide performances and guest appearances.

ReputationRep:
    Now that I think about it, I'd love to have a LAN party in the commons room or just play Pokemon xD Usually we just randomly talk, and I play random music off my phone so my taste can be judged

(Original post by Red Fox)
    Stand outside a shop for 45 mins. Everyday. Without fail.
    Repping the co-op

ReputationRep:

I return :holmes:

Obviously there are some new people who don't know me, but rest assured: I'm returning.

Who's left and who's new? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)

I return :holmes:

Obviously there are some new people who don't know me, but rest assured: I'm returning.

Who's left and who's new? :eyeball:
    that gif scares the **** out of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    that gif scares the **** out of me
    Hello to you too :u:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.