Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    scary for arsenal fans perhaps...
    It is, and it shouldn't be. AW should have addressed the two gaping holes in our team but has left it til now to possibly do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    It is, and it shouldn't be. AW should have addressed the two gaping holes in our team but has left it til now to possibly do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i agree completely - it has been painfully obvious for a long time where you need to improve.
    if it doesn't happen, there is only wenger and your transfer team to blame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i agree completely - it has been painfully obvious for a long time where you need to improve.
    Changing your name eh

Was wondering who you could possibly be lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Changing your name eh

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Shoo don't take it from the closet scouser!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When is Ospina back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Indeed and unless we do the maddest of madnesses in the coming week and get both a quality DM and ST along with a good CB the blame will be with Arsene, and will also go full circle with the whole 'not buying Ceac back' issue. This is going to be a long week bmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When is Ospina back?
    Should be back for City game, and apparently Walcott should too.

Walcott should start training like, nowish.. If Wengers press conferences are anything to go by lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Should be back for City game, and apparently Walcott should too.

Walcott should start training like, nowish.. If Wengers press conferences are anything to go by lol
    I miss Theo, I miss him so much, he's so effective at what he does, i.e run really fast, get goals and get assists!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I miss Theo, I miss him so much, he's so effective at what he does, i.e run really fast, get goals and get assists!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If this week goes well for us, I.e we win on Wednesday and Wenger gets 2, maybe three signings.. & with walcotts return I swear our team will look completely different..

This week will have a huge say on our season

Scary times

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't know who there even is to upgrade on Giroud

Falcao and Cavani out of question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed and unless we do the maddest of madnesses in the coming week and get both a quality DM and ST along with a good CB the blame will be with Arsene, and will also go full circle with the whole 'not buying Ceac back' issue. This is going to be a long week bmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    precisely
    if i were an arsenal fan, i'd just hide until it were all over.
    if it goes well you can strut around giving de monies style poses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I actually don't know who there even is to upgrade on Giroud

Falcao and Cavani out of question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is Falcao out? If Madrid do go in for him that should mean we could get Benzema.

Also, Eto'o is a free agent, he wants £100k/week but if we do sell Podolski maybe we should pick him up?

If Juventus get Podolski, we could make the deal so that we have the option of buying one of Llorente, Giovinco, Tevez in return.

We could also look at Aduriz, Cerci, Insigne, Negredo, Dos Santos, Higuain, Lavezzi, Remy, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Firmino, Berardi, Rossi.

If Wenger actually dips into the Italian pot he has so many options, but he refuses to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    precisely
    For what reason? Being short of a DM? Should I suggest all Liverpool fans hide until Suarez is replaced by a player of equal quality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Why is Falcao out? If Madrid do go in for him that should mean we could get Benzema.

Also, Eto'o is a free agent, he wants £100k/week but if we do sell Podolski maybe we should pick him up?

If Juventus get Podolski, we could make the deal so that we have the option of buying one of Llorente, Giovinco, Tevez in return.

We could also look at Aduriz, Cerci, Insigne, Negredo, Dos Santos, Higuain, Lavezzi, Remy, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Firmino, Berardi, Rossi.

If Wenger actually dips into the Italian pot he has so many options, but he refuses to.
    Good luck convincing Wenger to break the wage structure for Falcao. Madrid won't go for him either so theirs no ifs

Many of the names you've mentioned aren't really upgrades on giroud or are either out of question for transfer either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    precisely
    Pfft I know, we should hang our heads in disgrace for being unbeaten this season so far and signing Alexis. What were we thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Good luck convincing Wenger to break the wage structure for Falcao. Madrid won't go for him either so theirs no ifs

Many of the names you've mentioned aren't really upgrades on giroud or are either out of question for transfer either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He broke his transfer price structure last season for Ozil, because he was desperate and realized we needed a signing. I am sure if he gets enough pressure he will break his wage structure for one player.

Many of the names I mentioned are upgrades on Giroud, and although some are out of question, the fact is that there are players out there in different teams and leagues, and it isn't just a case of 'Cavani or nothing'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)

Eto'o did not show anything last season that suggests he is worth his significant wage, including at the WC.

Juventus would not let Llorente go, Tevez and Giovinco would not fit into our system at all.

The bottom list of players is full of ones that would be available, e.g. Negredo/Higuain/Aubameyang/Insigne, or just simply not worth it e.g. Rossi/Dos Santos. Remy would be possible but he's not a striker that takes a team to a league win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Changing your name eh

I was wondering why he is on my ignore list (apparently). I certainly didn't put any "lucio" there. Makes sense now though (still weird though doesn't usually happen with dupes does it?). :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    Eto'o did not show anything last season that suggests he is worth his significant wage, including at the WC.

Juventus would not let Llorente go, Tevez and Giovinco would not fit into our system at all.

The bottom list of players is full of ones that would be available, e.g. Negredo/Higuain/Aubameyang/Insigne, or just simply not worth it e.g. Rossi/Dos Santos. Remy would be possible but he's not a striker that takes a team to a league win.
    Fair point but he is better than nothing, and most likely better than Sanogo.

Why wouldn't they? After buying Morata they have an abundance of strikers, so I can see us getting one of them in return for selling them Podolski. And again, Tevez and Giovinco may not fit but they would be better than nothing.

I really can't see the benefits of being extremely picky when our options are currently so terrible.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.