Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    x
    Yeah that bit turns my eyes into taps:cry:

but spoiler tag it (couple of people on this thread are watching it currently)
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Yeah that bit turns my eyes into taps:cry:

but spoiler tag it (couple of people on this thread are watching it currently)
    I felt a bit funny :/. Next episode now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    NOW HE MEETS USHIO FOR THE FIRST TIME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    I felt a bit funny :/. Next episode now.
    I'd label the spoiler too
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I'd label the spoiler too
    It's fine. They'll figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I was actually happy at the end this time
    Btw my friend just showed me this, didn't notice it first time I read it :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Btw my friend just showed me this, didn't notice it first time I read it :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Lol I didn't see that either, they really are trying to make this team look like the biggest bunt of ***** on this planet:lol:

ReputationRep:
    Lol I didn't see that either, they really are trying to make this team look like the biggest bunt of ***** on this planet:lol:
    Honestly, I think it's gonna go something like:

Spoiler:
    Show

Everyone in the zone - then Japan wins by 1 point, but the Americans have fun in that game and stop being ***** :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Honestly, I think it's gonna go something like:

Spoiler:
    Show

Everyone in the zone - then Japan wins by 1 point, but the Americans have fun in that game and stop being ***** :dontknow:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Can Midorima/Kise/Kuroko enter the zone though? I think they also said something about sub players so I wonder who else they'll get. Would be nice to see some Hayama lightning dribble in there.

£20 on a Kuroko/Kagami alley oop with 1 second left on the clock.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Can Midorima/Kise/Kuroko enter the zone though? I think they also said something about sub players so I wonder who else they'll get. Would be nice to see some Hayama lightning dribble in there.

£20 on a Kuroko/Kagami alley oop with 1 second left on the clock.
    I've seen episode 49/50 so many times and they say something like:
    Spoiler:
    Show

You need to stake everything on basketball i.e. really love it, and you need to be on GoM level. Not sure if Kuroko can enter it though. But then again, he's the shadowy figure by the gate :rolleyes:

inb4 Kuroko in the zone makes him entirely invisible, and the ball when he's touching it too
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Yeah. I'm thinking some American Unis (possibly)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool. Which ones are you looking at?

Alright, so the SAT is split up into a few sections: Math (verrrryyy easy hardly even GCSE level), Critical Reading (Can be tricky with time constraints but still straight forward) and Verbal/Writing.

Usually you have between 20-25 minutes to answer a set of questions, there are about three of these per section. The total time you'll be taking the exam for is ~3.5 hours give or take a few breaks.

For revision, get the massive 'blue book' Learn the techniques and do tonnes of practice papers.

I suggest doing the SAT in Yr 12 (preferably in the beginning). This allows as much time as possible to retake.

If you're applying to top unis like the Ivies + MIT, Stanford etc. Then you'll need to do subject tests. These should probably be based on what you'll be studying at A-level. 3 is the recommended amount you should do.

If you have anymore questions fire away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I've seen episode 49/50 so many times and they say something like:
    Spoiler:
    Show

You need to stake everything on basketball i.e. really love it, and you need to be on GoM level. Not sure if Kuroko can enter it though. But then again, he's the shadowy figure by the gate :rolleyes:

inb4 Kuroko in the zone makes him entirely invisible, and the ball when he's touching it too
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Midorima says he doesn't play for fun in S1 but then he does undergo a change in that game with Rakuzan, here's hoping for Midorima in the zone.

Lol I was thinking that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Cool. Which ones are you looking at?

Alright, so the SAT is split up into a few sections: Math (verrrryyy easy hardly even GCSE level), Critical Reading (Can be tricky with time constraints but still straight forward) and Verbal/Writing.

Usually you have between 20-25 minutes to answer a set of questions, there are about three of these per section. The total time you'll be taking the exam for is ~3.5 hours give or take a few breaks.

For revision, get the massive 'blue book' Learn the techniques and do tonnes of practice papers.

I suggest doing the SAT in Yr 12 (preferably in the beginning). This allows as much time as possible to retake.

If you're applying to top unis like the Ivies + MIT, Stanford etc. Then you'll need to do subject tests. These should probably be based on what you'll be studying at A-level. 3 is the recommended amount you should do.

If you have anymore questions fire away!
    I'm thinking Harvard for Law. Maybe Yale. How are the subject exams organised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Evening folks. I'm another member of the staying in crew... a couple of my mates went abroad to visit family so we're going out to Central on Friday instead (will be less busy then anyway ). No doubt me and my fellow October baby friend will be the ones buying drinks for all the youngsters

Anyway, hope 2015 is a great year for you all. May UCAS bring you all the offers you deserve
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm thinking Harvard for Law. Maybe Yale. How are the subject exams organised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can't do Law as an undergrad in the states, they are strictly postgraduate courses. It wouldn't be worthwhile doing a JD (Juris Doctor) because they are madly expensive ($200,000 total for three years) and you don't get as much financial aid as an undergrad would.

If you want to do law, either do it straight away in the UK or go to the states for undergrad and apply for training contracts that sponsor conversion degrees and LPCs here in the UK.

Also, you won't be applying for a specific subject you'll be applying to the university as a whole so there is more emphasis on ECs (extracurriculars), leadership potential and your personality in essays rather than why you want to do a subject.

The subject tests are usually 50-60 mins long and are completely multiple choice apart from a few exceptions. There are usually anywhere from 70-85 questions depending on the subject.

If you REALLY want to apply don't just punt one app at Harvard checkout some other Top 20 LACs and Universities and apply to around 5-8. Those sub 6% acceptance rates will be rough to overcome if you only apply to 1 or 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You can't do Law as an undergrad in the states, they are strictly postgraduate courses. It wouldn't be worthwhile doing a JD (Juris Doctor) because they are madly expensive ($200,000 total for three years) and you don't get as much financial aid as an undergrad would.

If you want to do law, either do it straight away in the UK or go to the states for undergrad and apply for training contracts that sponsor conversion degrees and LPCs here in the UK.

Also, you won't be applying for a specific subject you'll be applying to the university as a whole so there is more emphasis on ECs (extracurriculars), leadership potential and your personality in essays rather than why you want to do a subject.

The subject tests are usually 50-60 mins long and are completely multiple choice apart from a few exceptions. There are usually anywhere from 70-85 questions depending on the subject.

If you REALLY want to apply don't just punt one app at Harvard checkout some other Top 20 LACs and Universities and apply to around 5-8. Those sub 6% acceptance rates will be rough to overcome if you only apply to 1 or 2.
    The idea was to major in History or something and then come back for a GDL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The idea was to major in History or something and then come back for a GDL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right, solid plan then. My cousin goes to UChicago and says it's quite good for econ/history so definitely check them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Apart from muting strings... Takes a while to get the hang of and I had no idea you even had to mute strings I was jamming with a friend when I just heard this awful noise (we were in a small room) and he told me something like the sound waves constantly hit the strings which make them ring :dontknow: I was looking at him touch strings that I hadn't played and that made the sound go away
    True... but barre chords when you first start acoustic, that's pretty fun. Makes electric seem like a walk in the park. Not sure what you mean by the soundwaves hitting strings? But yes, touching strings that are ringing does make them stop. Have you found all the harmonics on your guitar yet? (You must have!) Worse thing is when you get part of a drum kit that resonates when you play a particular note on guitar. So annoying. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Severn bridge... So close to home... Hurry

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to bed, happy new year everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    True... but barre chords when you first start acoustic, that's pretty fun. Makes electric seem like a walk in the park. Not sure what you mean by the soundwaves hitting strings? But yes, touching strings that are ringing does make them stop. Have you found all the harmonics on your guitar yet? (You must have!) Worse thing is when you get part of a drum kit that resonates when you play a particular note on guitar. So annoying. :lol:
    I don't know but it's what he said; he said sound waves were bouncing off walls and hitting strings :lol:

Oh my god the callouses when you first start the acoustic... They were oddly satisfying though, and I'm also glad I didn't have to do any bending on the acoustic guitar I think my callouses are almost fully developed though :dontknow:

Going to be honest, I don't exactly know what a harmonic is in this context I know what a harmonic in terms of standing wave is though, if that's related...?

I was watching Dr Viossy play a cover of The Best of Times by Dream Theater and I noticed that he had some very high pitched sounds/squeals when he was playing a fret that would produce a lower sound, and my friend told me they were artificial harmonics. Are these related to what you're talking about?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.