Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatoo)
    Any tips for VR I've been trying but I suck at it. I can do the T/F questions but I can't do the other ones. Got my test tomorrow
    Yo i got 723 on my ukcat exam. In all honesty, you should just read the qs first and then scan the passage for the questions which arnt true or false. That way after reading the qs you already know what sorta keywords to be looking for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vomi)
    Yo i got 723 on my ukcat exam. In all honesty, you should just read the qs first and then scan the passage for the questions which arnt true or false. That way after reading the qs you already know what sorta keywords to be looking for
    Thanks mate. I really struggle with the other type of questions(comprehension ones). Did you read question first, then the options and finally the passage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    I emailed Kings to see if i was eligible for their course but because my school isn't in greater london i'm not eligible so that's out of the question i don't fit the other criteria aswell (

i don''t really know where else i can apply thats in london
    You could retake some AS exams and hopefully AAA for A2 so you'd be eligible to loads of London unis but this would mean you'd have to get your teachers to predict you AAA. If not, you could always take a gap year and apply next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatoo)
    Thanks mate. I really struggle with the other type of questions(comprehension ones). Did you read question first, then the options and finally the passage?
    I read the question, scan the passage and finally pick the option which best matched what i read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vomi)
    I read the question, scan the passage and finally pick the option which best matched what i read
    Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asyth)
    You could retake some AS exams and hopefully AAA for A2 so you'd be eligible to loads of London unis but this would mean you'd have to get your teachers to predict you AAA. If not, you could always take a gap year and apply next year.
    what if i didn't retake some AS and got predicted AAA? would that mean i'm eligible for loads of london medical schools??

ReputationRep:
    if i'm getting 21/30 on medify on the limited time practice, what sort of score should i be expecting in the real ukcat exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    what if i didn't retake some AS and got predicted AAA? would that mean i'm eligible for loads of london medical schools??
    Yeah, you'd be eligible for Kings, Queen Marys and St Georges. You'd also have to do the BMAT (i think) for UCL and Imperial. Check their websites for detailed entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asyth)
    Yeah, you'd be eligible for Kings, Queen Marys and St Georges. You'd also have to do the BMAT (i think) for UCL and Imperial. Check their websites for detailed entry requirements.
    ahh greatt!! thanks for your help!! now i've just got to convince my teachers to predict me 3 As

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    do you think i would get an offer for medicine in a London college if i got BBCD at AS and i got low gcse results (1A* 3As rest are Bs)???
    i dont know my ukcat score yet cuz i still need to do the exam but what sort of score would still give me a chance
    No london unis i don't think. UCL are heavy on AS and imperial are on GCSEs.
    Try other places, besides two unis in london are bmat anyway

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    Just want comfirmation about DM... will our DM scores be sent to our chosen unis this year?
    Tysm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    No london unis i don't think. UCL are heavy on AS and imperial are on GCSEs.
    Try other places, besides two unis in london are bmat anyway
    Imperial don't look at GCSEs at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
    Hello all,
    Just want comfirmation about DM... will our DM scores be sent to our chosen unis this year?
    Tysm
    No they won't be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol medify mock 3 average 643 oh dear😂 tomorrow will be a nice day 👀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a bad idea to do a mock the night before but I had to as I had one left on medify😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I know it's a bad idea to do a mock the night before but I had to as I had one left on medify😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck tomorrow. You'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Good luck tomorrow. You'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I'm actually dying though rn😂 gonna have a bath in a bit to relax

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,Basically i use TSR just to pree whats happening. And was stalking this thread. I have done my UKCAT and done well so im gonna help anyway who wants helpThis is what happened for me:First ukcat 2015VR-530QR-720AR-740DA-630STJ-Band 2Medify revision (Practicing)Verbal- 678Quantative- 691.2Abstract- 732.6Situational judgment- 59.6%Average- 700.6Medify mock 1 (Timed in exam conditions)Verbal- 570Quantative- 630Abstract- 770Situational judgment- Band 2Average- 656.7Medify Mock 2 (Timed in exam conditions)Verbal- 570Quantative- 650Abstract- 730Situational judgement- Band 2Average- 650Medify verbal reasoning mock (Timed at 2AM)Verbal- 650*Note use new tactic of reading question first and eliminate accordingly**You will have to guess sometimes**Look for your answers and for true false read all*Medify abstract mockAbstract- 650*Need to focus more on position and angles be aware of more things to look for**Use your acronym*Medify mock 3Verbal-570Quantative-600Abstracy-670Actual 2016 ukcatVerbal-550Quantative-740Abstract-890Stj-Band 3 (Got bored and just wanted to get out of the booth-finished with 10 mins spare)AVERAGE-726.6

Always glad to help out anyone who wants help.Im a gap year re-applicant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    Imperial don't look at GCSEs at all
    Ah i think they changed it this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Ah i think they changed it this year.
    Squishy where are you applying? And also what are your stats? I'm assuming you're doing BMAT from your other posts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.