The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Early stuff wasn't excellent, last two albums have been shite.

That's your opinion. I certainly wouldn't say they have been 'shite'. Some tracks on the albums have actually been rather good I think. But yes, they perhaps aren't as good as The Bends and OK Computer.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Anyone who think Nas is relevant in 2016 needs to locate a bridge

Would you rather be 5'9'', non lifter and aesthetic or 6'2'', lifter but unaesthetic?

Lies

depends entirely on your definition of aesthetic. You think Zayn is aesthetic. I think the guy needs some food

Dyel?

hehe rekt
You're obviously new here, you don't diss One Direction around these parts

Oh yes I do: One Direction is a disgrace to the music industry.
Original post by difeo
Where do you stand on a) Kanye b) Taylor?

a) Kanye is rubbish.
b) Taylor Swift is rubbish

I don't know why anyone would choose to listen to such rubbish.

c)Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Muse, Nirvana and Metallica is what people should be listening to. Best bands ever.
Reply 5385

Would you rather be 5'9'', non lifter and aesthetic or 6'2'', lifter but unaesthetic?

Lies

Great rappers are eternal.
Legacy as the one of greatest, if not the greatest will live forever.

Sad that this generation don't appreciate good music. Wish I grew up in the 90s. Surrounded by fkboys.
Jokes that TS and ZM biggest fans are 12yr old girls and grown men on TSR are hyping them up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cookie123456789

cringe
Original post by Angry cucumber
depends entirely on your definition of aesthetic. You think Zayn is aesthetic. I think the guy needs some food

Dyel?

It's a hypothetical, so your idea of aesthetic vs your idea of non-aesthetic

Zayn is regularly voted as one of the hottest males on the planet so I must have good taste :cool:

Radiohead is a bunch of old men going through a mid-life crisis, and they're ****
(edited 7 years ago)
a) Kanye is rubbish.
b) Taylor Swift is rubbish

I don't know why anyone would choose to listen to such rubbish.

c)Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Muse, Nirvana and Metallica is what people should be listening to. Best bands ever.

double cringe
Why are so many fans of "traditional bands" so noncey about it?
It's a hypothetical, so your idea of aesthetic vs your idea of non-aesthetic

Zayn is regularly voted as one of the hottest males on the planet so I must have good taste :cool:

Radiohead is a bunch of old men going through a mid-life crisis, and they're **** which doesn't help

Now that's it! You do not say Radiohead is ****!!!! I can say One Direction is **** because they are **** but you can NOT say that about Radiohead. And most of Radiohead's stuff was made when they were quite young. Radiohead>One Direction.
Original post by difeo
double cringe

Appalling taste, imagine calling Radiohead a good band and then panning critically acclaimed artists like Taylor, Kanye and 1D ffs

I can't name one Radiohead song btw

Now that's it! You do not say Radiohead is ****!!!! I can say One Direction is **** because they are **** but you can NOT say that about Radiohead. And most of Radiohead's stuff was made when they were quite young. Radiohead>One Direction.

You can't say 1D are ''****'' because they're not, they can all sing and appeal to a mass market. You can say that you don't enjoy their music, but that's a different thing entirely.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5391
Chris Hemsworth is aesthetic goals.
Handsome man who's got allkindzagainz.
Original post by difeo
double cringe

Radiohead is not 'traditional'. They are a very modern band.
And I don't know why on earth you are cringing. And what is 'noncey' meant to mean?! I'm just saying the truth about music!
Reply 5393
Music taste in this thread...

Appalling taste, imagine calling Radiohead a good band and then panning critically acclaimed artists like Taylor, Kanye and 1D ffs

I can't name one Radiohead song btw

You can't say 1D are ''****'' because they're not, they can all sing and appeal to a mass market. You can say that you don't enjoy their music, but that's a different thing entirely.

If you can't name one Radiohead song then you've obviously never listened to their music properly!!!!!! So what gives you the right to say they are rubbish when you don't even know any of their songs?!!?!?!?

One Direction fans are infuriating!!!!!!!!!!
Radiohead is not 'traditional'. They are a very modern band.
And I don't know why on earth you are cringing. And what is 'noncey' meant to mean?! I'm just saying the truth about music!

How is the truth decided exactly? Because by any metric (sales, critical reception, awards etc), Kanye and Taylor (especially Kanye) are definitely not rubbish. Is it just "my opinion = the correct one"?
Reply 5396
[video="youtube;Gs069dndIYk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk[/video]
If you can't name one Radiohead song then you've obviously never listened to their music properly!!!!!! So what gives you the right to say they are rubbish when you don't even know any of their songs?!!?!?!?

One Direction fans are infuriating!!!!!!!!!!

When something is unknown in music to the mainstream, it generally means that it's **** (not entire albums but basically every good artist ever has had at least a couple of songs that everybody knows even if the genre they're in isn't mainstream), or at least sell a lot or win awards.

Calm down with the exclamation marks!!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
When something is unknown in music to the mainstream, it generally means that it's **** (not entire albums but basically every good artist ever has had at least a couple of songs that everybody knows even if the genre they're in isn't mainstream)

Calm down with the exclamation marks

Do u even Creep?
Original post by difeo
How is the truth decided exactly? Because by any metric (sales, critical reception, awards etc), Kanye and Taylor (especially Kanye) are definitely not rubbish. Is it just "my opinion = the correct one"?

Kanye and Taylor are only doing well because stupid, crowd following people just want to look 'cool' and 'current'. Also, Radio 1 never plays the bands I have mentioned because they are not current.
Unfortunately, Kanye and Taylor are supposedly the 'best' of today's music because mainstream music is all very rubbish.

Latest