Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In a 4-3-3 defensive midfield spot Parker would have played - with just two central midfielders it's not surprisring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Rooney was probably the best player second half, the only half we turned up.
    Ironic that I think it's Cole and you think it's Rooney :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I'm struggling to believe it myself. CFC1992 is one of the least impartial posters on TSR...

What's gotten into him? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    If everything was still going rosy at Chelsea for Joe Cole though, he'd definitely be my man of the match... otherwise it's Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    Big shame Joe Cole has either been injured or out of form this season, especially in the run up to the world cup. The former isn't exactly going to help the latter materializing is it?

ReputationRep:
    He'll go almost certainly. Will Walcott be dropped to the bench though, will Heskey be left behind, big moment for Fabio...

ReputationRep:
    Walcott or Lennon on the right wing from the start is a certainty every game IMO. Heskey will definitely go, likely that Bent will be dropped.

ReputationRep:
    Another poor performance and i'm beginning to question Capello more and more

ReputationRep:
    I can't figure out why SWP isn't being considered for the right... I think he should be starting there, with Theo on for late impact if needed.

It should be:

Hart
    Carragher Ferdinand Terry Cole
    Barry
    Lampard Gerrard
    SWP Rooney J. Cole

If Barry isn't available, I feel Capello should take Parker to ensure there is a solid DM there. Bizarre he got no minutes... For me he was a better wildcard option than Huddlestone.

ReputationRep:
    cfc1992 said:
    Walcott or Lennon on the right wing from the start is a certainty every game IMO. Heskey will definitely go, likely that Bent will be dropped.

I agree, it also seems that Carrick will get the nod above Huddlestone given that Huddlestone was replaced at half-time. Both wrong decisions in my opinion. But it's not like we'll get beyond the quarter finals so who cares. As for SWP starting, I'm sorry but no, there's no end product, Lennon does everything he does but also provides an end product, SWP can't cross and always loses the ball.

ReputationRep:
    SWP can't even dribble. He just kicks and runs after the ball after what I've seen of him when he was at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Lennon should be a certain starter down the right.

ReputationRep:
    Lennon over SWP plz.

Fact of the matter is, the squad is a bunch of individuals and cannot and do not play as a team. No cohesion there. It's almost like they've just been handpicked and played together for the very first time. It's truly disconcerting and simply unacceptable.

We're also unbelievably dull to watch but we have been for a good number of years now.

Parker should be on that plane, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    SWP can't even dribble. He just kicks and runs after the ball after what I've seen of him when he was at Chelsea.
    He's still like that. A brainless footballer really, akin to Walcott, although I feel Walcott has the potential to become brainier. It's probably why it's all gone tits up since SWP left Man City. Teams increasingly became aware of what SWP was all about, how one-dimensional he is, and he's understandably never been able to maintain the kind of impact he once had.

ReputationRep:
    The englsih say rooney is key to the success of the team, yet he hasnt showen up so far.
    The reason rooney got so many goals at manu is because of the deliveries of nani and valencia. He doesnt get that with the England squad.

To win a match against a below average team via two own goals is kinda funny.
    The fact is England are not good enough to win the world cup.
    The best squads at this world cup is the french/argentine/brazil/spain squads. They squads have more than enough quality to lay off players like veira/benzema.nasri/ronaldinho/cambiasso/requelme/zanetti/joquain

ReputationRep:
    Walcott and G. Johnson are poor.

I really don't understand why Fabio continues with Walcott. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's because he plays for a big club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Walcott and G. Johnson are poor.

I really don't understand why Fabio continues with Walcott. :dontknow:
    You say that but Johnson had a fantastic game against Mexico and scored a real stunner. No he didn't play well today and he's not the greatest defender but if you don't pick him you get no decent attack down the right wing. I might pick Lennon to start over Walcott but you can't deny he can have flashes of brilliance too, like against Croatia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    You say that but Johnson had a fantastic game against Mexico and scored a real stunner. No he didn't play well today and he's not the greatest defender but if you don't pick him you get no decent attack down the right wing. I might pick Lennon to start over Walcott but you can't deny he can have flashes of brilliance too, like against Croatia.
    The fact that Johnson is not the best at defending is why I don't particularly rate him. When you got someone as attacking as Lennon, or Walcott, you don't need a real attacking full back, just one to support, e.g. Carragher.

True, I can't deny that Walcott does have the odd flash of brilliance, but for most of the game/season he is poor.

ReputationRep:
    Flashes of brilliance, as irregular as Walcott's, are not good enough to rely on in a World Cup.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.