Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Btw I've just heard that Matt's costume evolves in the next series. There's a coat and scarf. I'm not sure what else but he does adopt a fez in the finale, albeit briefly.
    Sounds like they're Tom Baker'ing him. I don't think its necessary as he already has a styled specific to this regeneration already and tbh i think it suits him.

(Original post by DoktaUH)
    Sounds like they're Tom Baker'ing him. I don't think its necessary as he already has a styled specific to this regeneration already and tbh i think it suits him.
    I don't think they are Tom Baker'ing him in any way shape or form. Besides off the top of my head, there have been at least three doctors who have gone down the whole coat/scarf route. I believe McCoy and Hartnell had scarves which were used occasionally.

Plus Matt Smith has had a lot of leeway on his choice of outfit because at first they wanted to fit him into a pirates costume or so I hear.

Granted his current style suits him, but there's nothing wrong IMO with adapting or changing the style slightly with each series.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, having the outfit evolve makes sense. They made small changes to Tennant's outfit (colour of shoes + suit. Tie/no tie etc.)

That could just be for a specific episode. Perhaps he ends up on a planet where those clothes are required. Or perhaps he will land somewhere he presumes is somewhere else and dresses for the place he was meant to go (e.g. Rio XD).

ReputationRep:
    A thought about the next episode, could it be that wire thing from series 2 with the Magpie Electricals? I mean we already know that Magpie Electricals is still around due to one part of the tardis (I think that moveable screen thing?) has magpie electricals on it and it was in the 2nd episode.

Having just rewatched the trailer it suddenly occured to me it sounded and looked a bit like when the electric creature was stealing peoples faces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    A thought about the next episode, could it be that wire thing from series 2 with the Magpie Electricals? I mean we already know that Magpie Electricals is still around due to one part of the tardis (I think that moveable screen thing?) has magpie electricals on it and it was in the 2nd episode.

Having just rewatched the trailer it suddenly occured to me it sounded and looked a bit like when the electric creature was stealing peoples faces.

Nah, it'll be something new. The wire thing wasn't interesting enough to bring back I don't tihnk.

Screen grabs from the finale posted elsewhere on the internet. http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...orica%20Opens/

I think some of the embargoed pictures will be released this weekend and the rest in the run up to the finale.

ReputationRep:
    I just saw some pictures for the next Adventure Games game thingy, about the cybermen, and noticed that the chestplate is different;

No cybus logo ...

ReputationRep:
    Screen grabs from the finale posted elsewhere on the internet. http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...orica%20Opens/

I think some of the embargoed pictures will be released this weekend and the rest in the run up to the finale.
    Those cybermen are definitely cybus ones though ... And you can actually tell from those pictures that their stunt doubles are riding the horses XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I just saw some pictures for the next Adventure Games game thingy, about the cybermen, and noticed that the chestplate is different;

No cybus logo ...
    The original Cybermen (the aliens, not the androids) seem to be coming back.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they are Tom Baker'ing him in any way shape or form. Besides off the top of my head, there have been at least three doctors who have gone down the whole coat/scarf route. I believe McCoy and Hartnell had scarves which were used occasionally.

Plus Matt Smith has had a lot of leeway on his choice of outfit because at first they wanted to fit him into a pirates costume or so I hear.

Granted his current style suits him, but there's nothing wrong IMO with adapting or changing the style slightly with each series.
    It's only natural, a person tastes in clothes changes all the time but at the same time The Doctor is The Doctor so he will also have a taste for certain styles that he has worn before.

ReputationRep:
    I want the shirt with question marks on the collar back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    The original Cybermen (the aliens, not the androids) seem to be coming back.
    Indeed Although in the finale photos they seem to still have the cybus logo At least the broken one does, the others seem to be out of focus but might still have it from the general shape.

Plus if the theory to hold true that the crack has transported them to the Pandorica, these Cybermen would be the ones from Victorian England, since The Doctor mentioned no one remembering them.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder whether the Roman legion will be the 9th. :holmes:
    (they supposedly vanished in Britain in the early second century)

Oh no wait, that wouldn't work 'cause then we wouldn't remember them. Never mind.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe all those lost planets will come back :awesome:

And to back up the SFX preview, 4 detailed preview clips. Obviously watch at your own risk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sr4bm

SFX preview.

1) The first line is very funny

I have no idea what this could be.

2) A guest character from last week’s episode shows up a few times

Van Gogh or at least references to Van Gogh.

3) There’s the first gay allusion this series (sort of)

See the 2nd/3rd clip.

4) The Doctor has more interesting adventures with food and drink

Two words: eggs, mayo

5) Matt Smith fans will be freeze-framing one particular revealing moment

The towel scene. :teeth:

6) A can of beer is opened at an important moment

While battling an alien?

7) The Doctor commits an act of physical violence, sort of…

Well if this is directly similar to the book/comic strip it's based on then I'll guess in a game, unless he performs a hard tackle while playing football.

8) A certain face shows up for the fourth time this series; another for a third; and others for a second time

Hartnell the fourth time, Troughton (I think) the third and all the others for the second time. Somehow I can't help but think that all these images of the previous Doctors are important. Could the Doctor find himself in a situation in which he forgets who he is and then needs to be reminded?

9) There’s lots of witty dialogue

I hope so.

10) A regal couple put in an appearance

Erm

11) Amy discovers something

The ring? THE RING? I'm guessing it's either the engagement ring or something Rory related or she discovers something wrong with the Tardis or probably something unrelated to my suggestions.

12) One of the most uttered phrases of series five comes up again

Bow ties are cool?

13) It’s the most unusual ever episode of Doctor Who Confidential!

I'll take your word for it.

14) It’s back

The crack.

15) Someone says the G-word

Ginger? Geronimo? Gallifrey?

16) There’s a monster’s hand in a drawer

I have no idea.

17) The psychic paper serves several purposes

Credit card? Rent deposit type thing

18) It’s rather a sweet love story and James Corden is actually quite likeable

I hope so.

19) Someone says, “I love you”

Corden to The Doctor and then hopefully later on to his friend.

20) The Doctor is helped by some feline intuition

Cats save the day?

ReputationRep:
    I hope the Doctor throws Corden's ass into a crack. He'll either find a purpose, other than being a fat, talentless waste of space on our screens, by getting wedged into the crack and therefore blocking it from harming anyone else, or disappear into it and be erased from time and space. Win-win!

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    I hope the Doctor throws Corden's ass into a crack. He'll either find a purpose, other than being a fat, talentless waste of space on our screens, by getting wedged into the crack and therefore blocking it from harming anyone else, or disappear into it and be erased from time and space. Win-win!
    Harsh. I'm guessing that means you're already going into this episode with pre-conceived expectations. Anyway I'm indifferent to Corden and I've never really seen any of his work so I don't really understand the hatred directed at him.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to read other's ideas until I put my initial ideas down (so mine are untainted :awesome:)

1) The first line is very funny - Must not be said by James Corden then.

2) A guest character from last week’s episode shows up a few times - Bill Nighy? He was the only guest star really ... unless they mean Van Gogh ... which we already know.

3) There’s the first gay allusion this series (sort of) - MEHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

4) The Doctor has more interesting adventures with food and drink - What can he do to top fish custard? Pork and (strawberry) Jelly?

5) Matt Smith fans will be freeze-framing one particular revealing moment - :teeth:

6) A can of beer is opened at an important moment - Does Corden choke on it?

7) The Doctor commits an act of physical violence, sort of… - Kind of like he sort of fired a gun? And is this act of violence against a piece of furniture?

8) Acertain face shows up for the fourth time this series; another for a third; and others for a second time - Hartnell for definite then, since he's the most showy-uppy face. Can't remember the rest, but the one for a third came up last week didn't it? And the second time could be any of the Doctors (if it is one of them).

9) There’s lots of witty dialogue - ORLY?!

10) Aregal couple put in an appearance - Charles and Camilla?

11) Amy discovers something - The ring.

12) One of the most uttered phrases of series five comes up again - "Trust me"

13) It’s the most unusual ever episode of Doctor Who Confidential! - Mehhhhh.

14) It’s back - So ... it COULD be The Wire? Maybe not the same one, but one of the species. Or the crack ... most likely the crack

15) Someone says the G-word - GALLIFREY :teeth:

16) There’s a monster’s hand in a drawer - Or is the drawer itself a monster?

17) The psychic paper serves several purposes - Mopping up Tea? A coaster?

18) It’s rather a sweet love story and James Corden is actually quite likeable - SAY WHA'? Beasts be trippin'!

19) Someone says, “I love you” - James Corden ... we saw it in the trailer :| Possibly Amy to The Doctor when she confronts him about the ring.

20) The Doctor is helped by some feline intuition - The Cordens have a cat?

ReputationRep:
    Harsh. I'm guessing that means you're already going into this episode with pre-conceived expectations. Anyway I'm indifferent to Corden and I've never really seen any of his work so I don't really understand the hatred directed at him.
    I don't think he's that bad, I'm just kind of sick how someone who isn't even one of the greats of our generation is on the TV most of the time right now.

And he insulted Patrick Stewart D:< Even if Patrick said the first mean thing, Corden was still interrupting his speech!

ReputationRep:
    Just watching some of the clips ... uhh ... what's with the hearing aid I wonder

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.