Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by things4life)
    Hopefully we are right and logically we should be, my teacher said something like he expects the boundaries to be low so people get decent results to put confidence in the new spec, erm I forgot what we done CAs on as we done it I year 10, I think I got A*s but I cant remember, but I do know that one of my CAs is getting sent for moderation, I just hope I don't get marked down as every mark makes the difference. I think if the boundaries are harsh, it'll be 28 marks for a C for C3, 27 marks for a C in P3, but I have a feeling it could probably be lower, something like, 24 for a C in P3 and 27 for C3 as many people found those exams difficult, anyways good luck on results day and do you know what time edexcel release their boundaries ?
    Good Luck to you too! And yeah, that sounds about right. From what I've heard, it'll be anytime after 8am tomorrow I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahle)
    For AQA English language I was 1 mark off a B in the exam (going by last years boundaries) and my coursework is all A* .. How much will the coursework bring my grade up?
    The grades are done by:
    40% Exam
    20% Speaking and Listening
    40% Controlled Assessment ( 3 assessments 15%, 15%, 10%)

So if all your coursework is A* (including S&L) then even if you get 1 mark off a B you should be able to get an A maybe even an A* depending on whether your coursework was a high or low A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caribbeantwist)
    Good luck guys!
    I've just done my AS but I just wanted to come on the GCSE results thread to wish you all good luck for Thursday. I remember how nervous I was last year, but it was so nice when my work had paid off
    Remember, gcses aren't the "be all and end all", so don't get too upset if they aren't how you had hoped!
    Also, good luck for your first year of A levels! I can't believe how quickly it has gone for me my best advice is to expect some subjects to really get much more difficult (chemistry hits you like a tonne of bricks in the first term- so does maths!), start thinking about what you want to apply for at uni ASAP, don't leave any work till the last minute, and don't panic if its hard at first because you get used to the change in pace/difficulty.
    Most importantly have fun and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much for your advice I hope you got what you wanted for your AS's, and good luck for your A2's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caribbeantwist)
    Good luck guys!
    I've just done my AS but I just wanted to come on the GCSE results thread to wish you all good luck for Thursday. I remember how nervous I was last year, but it was so nice when my work had paid off
    Remember, gcses aren't the "be all and end all", so don't get too upset if they aren't how you had hoped!
    Also, good luck for your first year of A levels! I can't believe how quickly it has gone for me my best advice is to expect some subjects to really get much more difficult (chemistry hits you like a tonne of bricks in the first term- so does maths!), start thinking about what you want to apply for at uni ASAP, don't leave any work till the last minute, and don't panic if its hard at first because you get used to the change in pace/difficulty.
    Most importantly have fun and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks
    It's a helpful reminder too
    Good luck on your A2 as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgy)
    The grades are done by:
    40% Exam
    20% Speaking and Listening
    40% Controlled Assessment ( 3 assessments 15%, 15%, 10%)

So if all your coursework is A* (including S&L) then even if you get 1 mark off a B you should be able to get an A maybe even an A* depending on whether your coursework was a high or low A*.
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know last years overall grade boundaries for AQA GCSE english language and english literature? PLEASE?! :dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigBangTheory1)
    On the results sheet, will it show what we got for all the individual units or will we only get our final GCSE grades?
    when my friend got his there were columns for raw marks, coursework marks, final marks and the grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I'm lucky in that I have never ran out of time for a GCSE exam I completed my Further Maths Paper Calculator in 50 mins and there was 2 hours to complete it and I checked through each question as I was doing it.However, I always ran out of time for the Maths Challenge exams but they weren't really designed for you to complete them all in the time given and those exams were much harder than the GCSE or Further Maths I only ever got a Bronze in the 4 times I did it.
    Oh myy... Something I've beat Dalek in!! Gold maths challenge sorry I don't mean to boast.. Just very proud :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYcitygirl)
    Does anyone know last years overall grade boundaries for AQA GCSE english language and english literature? PLEASE?! :dong:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...-JUNE-2012.PDF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hBreadman)
    Please say I'm not the only person planning the outfit they go to get their results in..

(Bare in mind my school always has photographers at results day ������)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah, me too :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgy)
    Lucky! Mines at 11:00am
    omg no way that's so ****!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Will I receive my BTEC results with my GCSE results too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    Will I receive my BTEC results with my GCSE results too?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    Thank you very much for your advice I hope you got what you wanted for your AS's, and good luck for your A2's
    No problem!
    Haha thanks! Finally seeing a light at the end of the miserable tunnel that is school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKrA97)
    Thanks
    It's a helpful reminder too
    Good luck on your A2 as well
    Yes my main problem was that I got better than I expected at GCSE, then when I started my AS I wasn't doing so well just because its a lot different and I got really stressed and worried but once you ge used to it then its fine!

Ooh! Also start revising really erly for your AS exams like feb/march especially cos there isn't any January exams so all your modules will be in summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hBreadman)
    Please say I'm not the only person planning the outfit they go to get their results in..

(Bare in mind my school always has photographers at results day 😭)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha me too! I have no idea what
    I'm wearing yet!:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megs:))
    omg no way that's so ****!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mines is at 12:30

ReputationRep:
    I can pick my results up at 9am.. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SCAREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popburrow)
    I had a dream about results day today too, though mine wasn't as adventurous as yours.
    Apparently I was talking in my sleep and asking my mum to phone and get my results for me 0_o

That's the last time I'm sharing a hotel room with my parents. xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.