Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    Wouldn't worry about it, it won't affect your rep. Just some troll.

Yes, I think it could be a ploy. I think it's Arsenal saying "we don't have to go for your guy so stop setting abnormal price points or we'll buy someone else" to a number of clubs. The prices which have been asked have kind of surprised me and I'm glad we've not paid them. £10m for Williams? No thanks. Jovetic going for £27m. Real seem to be putting on an extra 1-2m every time we talk about Higuain. The guys at Arsenal are some of the top businessmen in the country, and so yeah I think there's a lot of power-politics going on..
    i see it as arsenal trying to show the fans that we're going for top players (but getting suarez is 95% not happening) so when we end up with mediocre signings the board/wenger will say look we went for top players but couldn't get them pointing at suarez for example despite us never really having a chance to get him

if we're got £30 mill to spend on suarez maybe we can get ibrhaimovic? i know he's 30 or so but he's world class still has a few years left, proven winner in many leagues and it looks as if psg are in for cavani. Only problem will be his wage demands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    i see it as arsenal trying to show the fans that we're going for top players (but getting suarez is 95% not happening) so when we end up with mediocre signings the board/wenger will say look we went for top players but couldn't get them pointing at suarez for example despite us never really having a chance to get him

if we're got £30 mill to spend on suarez maybe we can get ibrhaimovic? i know he's 30 or so but he's world class still has a few years left, proven winner in many leagues and it looks as if psg are in for cavani. Only problem will be his wage demands
    I don't really think the suarez bid is a "ploy" considering we were about to spend £20m+ on Higuain. Maybe you haven't got it through your head that Arsenal are ready to spend big money on top players. Its a pretty stupid theory to think a formal bid is just PR to deceive arsenal fans considering our financial situation has changed. The chances of Suarez to arsenal is way more than 5%. A deal can happen.

Ibrahimovic? There's a reason why Wenger didn't sign him when he was 16, he hasn't changed one bit in fact his ego has got even worse.

I'll get negged for this. I really dont care. Suarez is a terrible human being, I think all of us can agree on that. I don't care though, let him bite all the people in the world, if he's going to get us trophies i dont care. He doesn't give a damn. I don't know why but i love the guy. Maybe its the shamelessness mixed with the fact that he's so good all his extra baggage seems worth it. He would slot into our team perfectly tbh

Name:  159032241.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  75.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    My take on the Suarez story is this: I would 100% take him, though I don't think we'll get him. As long as he can keep himself out of trouble, I will take him. We are crying out for a world-class striker right now. I don't think he's as bad as he's being portrayed in the media. In my opinion he isn't even racist tbh. As a Ghanaian I should be hating him for his handball, but it's not that deep.

There have been rumours going round that now that Cavani has moved to PSG Ibrahimovic is going to Real. Not sure how reliable these stories are though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Surely we have to make a move for Fabregas? Man UTD are bidding £35m so if it's true we get first crack at £25m, what are we waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Surely we have to make a move for Fabregas? Man UTD are bidding £35m so if it's true we get first crack at £25m, what are we waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hs an official bid been made? Or is this just speculation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I don't really think the suarez bid is a "ploy" considering we were about to spend £20m+ on Higuain. Maybe you haven't got it through your head that Arsenal are ready to spend big money on top players. Its a pretty stupid theory to think a formal bid is just PR to deceive arsenal fans considering our financial situation has changed. The chances of Suarez to arsenal is way more than 5%. A deal can happen.

Ibrahimovic? There's a reason why Wenger didn't sign him when he was 16, he hasn't changed one bit in fact his ego has got even worse.
    Lmao, Ibra rejected Arsenal not the other way around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hs an official bid been made? Or is this just speculation
    Apparently one has but at £26m.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Apparently one has but at £26m.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Source? Sky are saying "Manchester United to make £35m offer for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Lmao, Ibra rejected Arsenal not the other way around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wenger wanted him to come for a preliminary trial but Ibra told him he didnt do trials. Very likely he'd have taken a contract considering his best offer was Ajax...

ReputationRep:
    Cesc bid is on BBC now.

If Man Utd get Fabregas i will lose all faith in arsenal tbh. I will also hate Fabregas, even after what he did to us i still love the guy, but going to Man Utd will be unforgivable. Waiting for RVP to come and say he has the DNA of a winner

ReputationRep:
    We need to bring Cesc back to the Emirates.

It's all good accepting the money for him, saying he wanted to leave and we had no choice. But surely if he becomes available we should be making an offer to bring him back. He's at least as good as he was when he left.

Anyway don't we have first refusal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    We need to bring Cesc back to the Emirates.

It's all good accepting the money for him, saying he wanted to leave and we had no choice. But surely if he becomes available we should be making an offer to bring him back. He's at least as good as he was when he left.

Anyway don't we have first refusal?
    Allegedly, yeah. Not sure how anyone knows the details of his contract though.

ReputationRep:
    If arsenal needed Fabregas they would of got him already..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    If arsenal needed Fabregas they would of got him already..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A formal bid by United changes the situation significantly. If Barca are willing to sell, we have to stop them getting him.

ReputationRep:

how is ibra any worse than suarez in terms of ego/attitude, at least ibra doesnt bite people

and what about us signing park? what was the point of that? to make money, what club actually buys a player just to make money and not used to improve the squad. if arsenal can do that i wouldn't not believe it's a ploy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    A formal bid by United changes the situation significantly. If Barca are willing to sell, we have to stop them getting him.
    You need a striker though more. I'm doubting you are going to dish out £30mil each on 2 players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Really? Read that sentence back to yourself.. Your telling me that arsenal would sign a player that they don't NEED just to snub another team? Be sensible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    dont we have first refusal if fab leaves??

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.