Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    I was wondering why he is on my ignore list (apparently). I certainly didn't put any "lucio" there. Makes sense now though (still weird though doesn't usually happen with dupes does it?). :lol:
    Lool wait, so who is it?!! SUG?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    He broke his transfer price structure last season for Ozil, because he was desperate and realized we needed a signing. I am sure if he gets enough pressure he will break his wage structure for one player.

Many of the names I mentioned are upgrades on Giroud, and although some are out of question, the fact is that there are players out there in different teams and leagues, and it isn't just a case of 'Cavani or nothing'.
    Transfer policy and wage structure are different things and Ozil is not on crazy wages. Falcao won't come to Arsenal.

Many are not. Serie A is a piss poor league. Tevez is ridiculous. I doubt insigne would even have a better season than Giroud, he's short as **** and we already have plenty of midgets in the team. Aubamayang (sorry for the spelling) would be decent IMO but I doubt Dortmund are selling him either

Honestly it's easy to name every decent striker out there, doesn't mean you should consider them as potential transfer targets

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Transfer policy and wage structure are different things and Ozil is not on crazy wages. Falcao won't come to Arsenal.

Many are not. Serie A is a piss poor league. Tevez is ridiculous. I doubt insigne would even have a better season than Giroud, he's short as **** and we already have plenty of midgets in the team. Aubamayang (sorry for the spelling) would be decent IMO but I doubt Dortmund are selling him either

Honestly it's easy to name every decent striker out there, doesn't mean you should consider them as potential transfer targets

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are different things but they relate to the same root issue: Wenger's stinginess.

Again, I am naming decent strikers to show people who think 'Falcao, Cavani or no-one' that there are still others out there.

ReputationRep:
    They are different things but they relate to the same root issue: Wenger's stinginess.

Again, I am naming decent strikers to show people who think 'Falcao, Cavani or no-one' that there are still others out there.
    Wenger being stingy or stubborn isn't to blame for not going for Falcao...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Nah just Luke (I think, at least that's the name replaced on my list so I think he officially changed his name rather than making a new account). SUG seems to have given up.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Wenger being stingy or stubborn isn't to blame for not going for Falcao...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is then? Wenger's stubborn-ness to accept problems in his squad and try to fix them is well-known. His inactivity in the past few transfer seasons has been infuriating for many. Even now most of our transfers this season were replacements, instead of additions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am going to sound like an idiot but who is SUG?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Things aren't going well for United, 1-1 so far. Could be their worst start ever.

ReputationRep:
    What is then? Wenger's stubborn-ness to accept problems in his squad and try to fix them is well-known. His inactivity in the past few transfer seasons has been infuriating for many. Even now most of our transfers this season were replacements, instead of additions.

Falcao is a world-class talent, a 'galactico' if you will. Arsenal are just not a team that can attract someone like that, both in wages or the player wanting to come in the first place. As a fan, it does pain me to say it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    For what reason? Being short of a DM? Should I suggest all Liverpool fans hide until Suarez is replaced by a player of equal quality?
    lol, love it.
    i said hide because with wenger you don't have a clue what's going on or who you're gonna buy.
    just hide, come out when it's over and see if you won the jackpot.

Pfft I know, we should hang our heads in disgrace for being unbeaten this season so far and signing Alexis. What were we thinking?
    i know man, bloody awful.
    awful. :/
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Falcao is a world-class talent, a 'galactico' if you will. Arsenal are just not a team that can attract someone like that, both in wages or the player wanting to come in the first place. As a fan, it does pain me to say it.
    Ah, that makes more sense. Well, we are on an upwards trajectory, getting Ozil then Sanchez. Who knows what could happen?

(Original post by Lúcio)
    lol, love it.
    i said hide because with wenger you don't have a clue what's going on or who you're gonna buy.

Wasn't it you cheeky sods who tried to nab Campbell on loan?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No lol Luke.. I was wondering who this random Lucio guy is who's getting brave for no reason haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    lol, love it.

And what team has a transfer window where the purchases they are going make are explicitly stated beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it you cheeky sods who tried to nab Campbell on loan?
    there were rumours, yes
    then again, he would've been our 3rd/4th striker so it wasn't really too important.

ReputationRep:
    And what team has a transfer window where the purchases they are going make are explicitly stated beforehand?
    calm down dear, you'll hurt yourself.

i think we can all agree that united are the dumbest, yeah?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:

SUG also known as Straight Up G was a tsr user, once a legend that wondered these parts. Once regarded as the most annoying guy on here, yet he still made those around him laugh. Legend has it that once day he shall return and pick up where he left off.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    there were rumours, yes
    then again, he would've been our 3rd/4th striker so it wasn't really too important.
    Oh yeah, bring up the fact you have competent strikers. Rub it in.

Y u do dis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    calm down dear, you'll hurt yourself.

i think we can all agree that united are the dumbest, yeah?
    Sigh. There is so little constructive debate on this thread. People, such as yourself, pop up with incendiary comments and after a reply, will either congratulate themselves on getting a 'bite,' or laugh off any serious reply as they are too afraid to answer.

It can be great engaging with opposition fans, but when they only aim to derail discussions and create pointless arguments, it's depressing.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    SUG also known as Straight Up G was a tsr user, once a legend that wondered these parts. Once regarded as the most annoying guy on here, yet he still made those around him laugh. Legend has it that once day he shall return and pick up where he left off.
    Ugh well his WUM minions are doing a terrible job. Maybe we need a professional annoying guy just to bring these threads back to life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    He never left

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. There is so little constructive debate on this thread. People, such as yourself, pop up with incendiary comments and after a reply, will either congratulate themselves on getting a 'bite,' or laugh off any serious reply as they are too afraid to answer.

It can be great engaging with opposition fans, but when they only aim to derail discussions and create pointless arguments, it's depressing.
    I find that Liverpool fans are usually the worst, with their victim complexes getting in the way of logic. Man Utd fans are a good laugh, and Chelsea fans are the most willing to hold an intelligent debate.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.