Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    No way, you have a week left? Lucky.
    Yup. :ahee:

Going to school would probably cut procrastination though once I get thrown into a room with stressed out people....

ReputationRep:
    hiiiiii i'm procrastinating 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by skhan99)
    hows everyones hols going and hows ur revision?
    I'm going to merge this into the Year 11 thread for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyrays07)
    Is this biology unit 2 and 3? Those are my first exams too!
    yep luckily i find them easy

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a question... next year the a level exams are going to be linear meaning we will be examined on our subjects at the end of two years. So what do I do If I pick four courses and want to drop one out on at the end of the first year? Or does it mean I have to take all four full a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    Good luck , what exam board are you doing?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    Thanks, I'm doing Cambridge and yeah out of ten I got 8,7,8 so think that is B but I'm getting A in my coursework and hopefully I'll get A in my exam as that's what I got in my last mock that I did so I'll get A overall! Well that's my plan but I doubt that will happen 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel pleased when I was considering taking a subject but decided not to and it turns out loads of people moan about how hard it is etc :") The relief! I'm planning on taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and German. To be honest, it took me ages to decide what to take. I wanted to do everything and I was so close to do doing economics/ psychology/ spanish but I think I'm happy with my choices I'm guessing you would like to take economics/ maths to the next level and hope to do that in Uni?
    Me to! I wanted to do as many subjects as I could but I just narrowed my choices down to the subjects which would help me in getting to my career Yeah, I'm deciding to do Economics at Uni because I want to be an investment banker Wow, you've got my respect for taking all those sciences and maths Are you planning to take any of those at Uni? What do you want to be when you're older?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amranhassan)
    yep luckily i find them easy
    Weirdly, I find unit 1 and unit 3 easier and I don't why but unit 2 is harder. I love biology but I just find unit 2 a bit less interesting. Are you also AQA for your other sciences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma73737)
    Me to! I wanted to do as many subjects as I could but I just narrowed my choices down to the subjects which would help me in getting to my career Yeah, I'm deciding to do Economics at Uni because I want to be an investment banker Wow, you've got my respect for taking all those sciences and maths Are you planning to take any of those at Uni? What do you want to be when you're older?
    I wanted to be an investment banker too. We do these career choices at school and they told me every time to consider becoming an investment banker. Have you done Work experience yet? Where would you get it? In a bank, I'm guessing but would they let you? I would love to be a doctor! That would be a dream come true if I was! I had always said I wanted to be a doctor but weirdly, it was confirmed when we watched a fairtrade video in Geography and that's what made me decide that this was definitely the career for me. I just love the idea that you're making a difference to people's lives and in the end all the hours and the stress is all worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moe889)
    Guys I have a question... next year the a level exams are going to be linear meaning we will be examined on our subjects at the end of two years. So what do I do If I pick four courses and want to drop one out on at the end of the first year? Or does it mean I have to take all four full a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was told by my friends that it means you'll still be able to drop the subject but you have to do the exam at the end of the second year. I don't know if this is true though. I hope they won't be that harsh because I don't want to do a whole year without learning the subject and then take the exam. I don't know what to believe anymore. It's just annoying that we'll be the first year with the new A level changes so we don't know what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Yup. :ahee:

Going to school would probably cut procrastination though once I get thrown into a room with stressed out people....
    Could I just say I LOVE your username!! <3 Are you a Harry Potter fan too?

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks today I will have my first exam 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Sameee! I need to start physics and geography revision, geography is soo long tho, hopefully I'll start it tomorrow. Btw how did your CA go? And what was it on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I got a B, but that was before corrections so hopefully an A? My teacher was away for ages so I only had a physics teacher at one point for about a month which was horrid and we missed out so much. It was on rate of reactions (increasing the temperature)

ReputationRep:
    I heard that there are two stages in this. AS and A level (full course) and from what I hear they are quite separate. You do chose four subjects for next year and do the AS exam at the end and then you get to drop one of the four for next year where you'll complete the whole A-level...

I think. My sources are questionable though because I asked a friend from the above year... :') hueheuhe

ReputationRep:
    Could I just say I LOVE your username!! <3 Are you a Harry Potter fan too?
    Thank you! Yup, I am:ahee:

So what house do you consider yourself to be in? (hypothetical scenario only :ashamed2:) Ravenclaw here.

(Original post by dumb cabbage)
    3 weeks today I will have my first exam
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eeeeeek, don't remind me... :eek: Holy, is it actually that soon?! :ahhhhh:
    So what is your first exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Thank you! Yup, I am:ahee:

So what house do you consider yourself to be in? (hypothetical scenario only :ashamed2:) Ravenclaw here.

Eeeeeek, don't remind me... :eek: Holy, is it actually that soon?! :ahhhhh:
    So what is your first exam?
    My first exam is English, it seems really scary because a while ago we thought that exams was far away but now they're around the corner

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My first exam is English, it seems really scary because a while ago we thought that exams was far away but now they're around the corner

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same here!
    I have geography, 5th may!!
    Can I just say there is way too many case studies to learn in just 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. After my mocks in January, I was like: 'Plenty of time, I've got the whole of Easter as well!'......... Where did all that time go

Good luck for english!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    had a english mock today, it actually went well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    had a english mock today, it actually went well.
    ooo. lit or lang?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.