The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cryptographic)
We live in a representative democracy - the people elect representatives for their local area and whoever can command the confidence of a majority of them have a majority. It's perfectly legitimate.

(Also they were protesting against austerity - UKIP endorsed the Tory's plans as well as the Lib Dems being mostly on board with it. That's well over 50% of the vote.)

IMO, anyone caught by CCTV should be hit by several hundred hours of community service.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I fully support arrests for anyone found to have committed a crime. Obviously as a Leftie I point out that it's another point sign of how terrifying austerity is to some people. That said, pointless protest, I think it'll tie into FPTP somehow further down the line.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
why are we still talking about this ffs
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Obviously as a Leftie I point out that it's another point sign of how terrifying austerity is to some people.
Why though? If you had a household budget of £5,000 a month and then one day you lose your job and the budget is now £3,000 a month, would you not make cuts at home? This is what I don't understand about anti-austerity morons.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Why though? If you had a household budget of £5,000 a month and then one day you lose your job and the budget is now £3,000 a month, would you not make cuts at home? This is what I don't understand about anti-austerity morons.
Not when you have other options.... And that model is far to simplistic for a country. You also have the option of starting up your own business to get more money.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Not when you have other options.... And that model is far to simplistic for a country. You also have the option of starting up your own business to get more money.
Which, would you ****ing believe it, costs more money!

It's not too simplistic at all, it's rather on the money as that's what happened.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which, would you ****ing believe it, costs more money!

It's not too simplistic at all, it's rather on the money as that's what happened.
But it'd be better in the long term then just hoping something good happens...
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
But it'd be better in the long term then just hoping something good happens...
WTF are you on about?!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
WTF are you on about?!
You have to spend money to make money, if you want to climb to a better situation you need to invest in yourself as opposed to cutting back and hoping.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
There is a video snippet revealing how intolerant, anti-democratic, naive and deluded the anti-everything right wing bunch are.
Seeing those people, I wish the Conservatives really were as ‘bad’ as they claim and put that scum in order. Those rioters (they're no ordinary protestors) are disgusting and spoilt humans who don't deserve the society they live in. I hope the police will beat them and not just blow whistles.

By the way, where is their armour? Is the British police really that toothless?

Ahh, good old times…

tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
You have to spend money to make money, if you want to climb to a better situation you need to invest in yourself as opposed to cutting back and hoping.
Why are you telling me **** from Biz 101? You still need austerity until the business takes off.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why are you telling me **** from Biz 101? You still need austerity until the business takes off.
No you don't, heavy spending and big investment is all you need.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
What *******s! I'm not talking to you about this, you don't understand the basics of business, let alone the basics of keeping a country running smoothly.

Good ****ing day!
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gove is back. Possibly in the worst department possible given May-Gove relations and leadership ambitions.

I don't think we can be that harsh on lefty protestors but like LP i would like to see the Tories being much harder on certain protests. Namely i'd like to see any pro-ISIS protesters arrested.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
:lol: You think that's all you need to start a successful business?! :rofl: Thanks for giving me a laugh today.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone play democracy 3? Just introduced my other half to it and I'm fairly certain she's gone mad with power - decided the best way to combat homelessness was increased funding for particle accelerators. Great fun once you've added extremism, the axis of evil and democratic decay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
And then your creditor see you're going nowhere and call in their debts while they sill might get something back. Well done Aph, you've made yourself homeless
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
anyone play democracy 3? Just introduced my other half to it and I'm fairly certain she's gone mad with power - decided the best way to combat homelessness was increased funding for particle accelerators. Great fun once you've added extremism, the axis of evil and democratic decay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Annoyingly a few of the achievements seem to be broken for me
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A big stimulus programme is only good if you cut elsewhere to pay for it in my opinion. There's also some idiocy in where people advocate spending, a pound spent on housing or defense is far better than a pound spent on providing more hymen replacements or transgender surgeries.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
And then your creditor see you're going nowhere and call in their debts while they sill might get something back. Well done Aph, you've made yourself homeless
Well TBF we can't pay off our debts anyway, there is 4 times more money then debt in the world and the same is true for the UK. We have about £410bn in circulation but we have £1.5tn in debt... We can't pay it all off unless we just invent the money, 90% of all money exists on paper but not in practice in the UK.
bun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I don't think we can be that harsh on lefty protestors but like LP i would like to see the Tories being much harder on certain protests. Namely i'd like to see any pro-ISIS protesters arrested.
And as I've always said, any pro-ISIS / equivalent protesters arrested, and put in minimum security prisons alongside any EDL hooligans who've also been arrested for violent protest or whatever. Then let the guards sit back, get some popcorn, and watch as the 2 problems sort themselves out for the benefit of the country.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads