Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Squishy where are you applying? And also what are your stats? I'm assuming you're doing BMAT from your other posts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure yet, i'm waiting on my ukcat score. I'm open to doing BMAT though.
    I was only joking on my other post but deleted it incase u actually started to worry lol sry
    wbu

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    Just want comfirmation about DM... will our DM scores be sent to our chosen unis this year?
    Tysm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
    Hello all,
    Just want comfirmation about DM... will our DM scores be sent to our chosen unis this year?
    Tysm
    No, they won't. The only people who will ever know them are those at Pearson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Just did the VR mini mock and got 630. That section is going to kill me in the exam itself, but I've done all I can I guess. Gonna take the day off tomorrow and hope for the best on Thursday.

Good luck to anyone doing their exam tomorrow.
    I wish you all the best. Mine is on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dkfalling)
    No, they won't. The only people who will ever know them are those at Pearson.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Not sure yet, i'm waiting on my ukcat score. I'm open to doing BMAT though.
    I was only joking on my other post but deleted it incase u actually started to worry lol sry
    wbu
    Same as you no idea yet until ukcat score, I'm not doing BMAT though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the real exam, can you skip decision making? So you just do the other 2 sections straight away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    In the real exam, can you skip decision making? So you just do the other 2 sections straight away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes you can skip it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    No london unis i don't think. UCL are heavy on AS and imperial are on GCSEs.
    Try other places, besides two unis in london are bmat anyway
    but on imperials website for 2017 they said that they won't consider gcses??

anyways what about kings and barts??

ReputationRep:
    Hello! English is my second language and I find VR quite difficult because of this. Does anyone please have any VR tips for UKCAT applicants whose mother tongue is not English?
    Thanks very much x

ReputationRep:
    In the exam centre do they let you keep a hoodie on? Or do you have to remove that too, just wondering because i'm gonna be outside for like 3 hours before my test lol and I always get cold

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    but on imperials website for 2017 they said that they won't consider gcses??

anyways what about kings and barts??
    Yeah i didn't realise they changed it this year, last year they were gcse heavy

ReputationRep:
    I've got my UKCAT on Friday and I am terrified! Did the official mock A and B today and got an average score of 603 for A and 547 for B :cry2:
    Is there anything I can do to boost my score in a short amount of time? Thanks in advance for any advice x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keenbean23)
    I've got my UKCAT on Friday and I am terrified! Did the official mock A and B today and got an average score of 603 for A and 547 for B :cry2:
    Is there anything I can do to boost my score in a short amount of time? Thanks in advance for any advice x
    I completely understand you, I've been doing bad too and mine is tomorrow! All you can do is practice your weakest parts and do some insane time practice, you've most likely worked hard so there's little you can do now. Best of luck for Friday x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I completely understand you, I've been doing bad too and mine is tomorrow! All you can do is practice your weakest parts and do some insane time practice, you've most likely worked hard so there's little you can do now. Best of luck for Friday x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank-you. Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjakam119)
    I've got a similar ukcat score to you and I've been looking at plymouth, but the ukcat interim scores seems to be much higher than last year so I'm worried our overall ukcat scores may not meet the cut off (last year was 2610 which would be comparable to a 1960 score for this year and they have changed a lot during the years, for example one year it went up by 70... another by 110).
    imo i dont think the final ukcat average for this year will be significantly different to last, maybe slightly higher
    Im more worried about applying to manchester tbh i think our ukcat scores are close to the cutoff

ReputationRep:
    The mocks tend to be much harder so don't let this put you off!

ReputationRep:
    Thank-you. Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great. x
    Thank you!x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On Medify mocks I was getting 610-620 averages on all three and in the real thing I got 850 in QR and 710 overall! Don't worry, everyone does better in the real thing compared to mocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    I wish you all the best. Mine is on Tuesday.
    Cheers, will let you know how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.