The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Seahawks aquire Percy Harvin subject to medical. Looks like they have sent their first round pick as well as others in return for Harvin who apparently has landed a monster contract.

That's not bad, Harvin is a beast when healthy and incredibly versatile.
Original post by Tokyoround
That's not bad, Harvin is a beast when healthy and incredibly versatile.

For a first round and possibly more seems like a odd deal. Also will Harvin last the season though but if he does what a deal eh. All that's left is for the 49ers to aquire Revis and then we can have a Revis vs Harvin battle :colone:
Hello everyone, just wondering if you guys could introduce me to the world of American football? Just wondering, caught the Superbowl and got hooked, I've looked up the rules and stuff, but was just wondering if people could give me pointers as to what games are actually like, good players, good teams etc (although I guess that changes with draft picks etc)...

Also anywhere that I could (legally) watch games in the UK? Seems like a really interesting game but as you can probably tell I have NO idea about the ins and outs :mmm:

Thank you :smile:

(Also...I like the sound of the Seahawks as a team to support. Is there any reason not to?) :rolleyes:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Hello everyone, just wondering if you guys could introduce me to the world of American football? Just wondering, caught the Superbowl and got hooked, I've looked up the rules and stuff, but was just wondering if people could give me pointers as to what games are actually like, good players, good teams etc (although I guess that changes with draft picks etc)...

Also anywhere that I could (legally) watch games in the UK? Seems like a really interesting game but as you can probably tell I have NO idea about the ins and outs :mmm:

Thank you :smile:

(Also...I like the sound of the Seahawks as a team to support. Is there any reason not to?) :rolleyes:

Seahawks good team young very good Defense pretty good offense. However one problem is come 2 seasons or so they may have to let go of a few players with some of their good young players going into their contract year. Great crowd as well. A good way to pick an NFL team is to watch a season of lots of games and whichever team you feel you identify with or like the most then go for it!

No one team stays good forever in the NFL its a cycle unless your the Browns of course :wink: As you said Drafts can make or break teams, all it takes is a couple of good and solid draft picks and a team can go from 4-12 to 9-7/10-6. If you want to know some good players just ask but let me know what position you would like to know.
Best way to pick a team - random select on madden. It's like the sorting hat in harry potter, it can see your ancestry and desires.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh yeah haha that's a good one too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anquan Boldin to the 49ers for a sixth round pending on the medical of course but damn that's a steal wonder why we didn't try go for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5427
Anquan Boldin to the 49ers for a sixth round pending on the medical of course but damn that's a steal wonder why we didn't try go for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wth, I'm not too sure about the ins and outs of transfers in American Football but :eek: Boldin was huge for the Ravens last season, and only for a sixth round pick?

Was he in a contract situation where he could force a move or something? And do the Ravens have adequate WR depth to accomodate, or do they have to draft? 49ers look kinda stacked - Crabtree, Boldin, Vernon Davis
Reply 5428
Crazy deal. :zomg:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ravens wouldn't give him to an AFC rival as cheaply as a NFC team.
Original post by Zubby77
Wth, I'm not too sure about the ins and outs of transfers in American Football but :eek: Boldin was huge for the Ravens last season, and only for a sixth round pick?

Was he in a contract situation where he could force a move or something? And do the Ravens have adequate WR depth to accomodate, or do they have to draft? 49ers look kinda stacked - Crabtree, Boldin, Vernon Davis

Ravens were in a pickle with the cap and had other players like Elarbee hitting FA so they needed some cap relief. Better to get something even if it's a 6 rounder then just releasing him,

Original post by Authority_Song
Ravens wouldn't give him to an AFC rival as cheaply as a NFC team.

Haha yeah I figured but I wanted to dream. I want us making a run at Wallace now really badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mike Wallace a dolphin now they overpaid I would say for him pretty badly...

Also can we have Asomugha please! Mankins go restructure your damn contract!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus Ellarbee a Dolphin now and Kruger a Brown what is going on Ravens being gutted right now and strong talk ed reed is going to be a 49er!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man you guys are missing some juicy stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5434
Man you guys are missing some juicy stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you keeping up with everything?

And damn Ravens getting ripped up, would you say that Flacco's huge contract is a big part in this break up of the team?
Original post by Zubby77
Where are you keeping up with everything?

And damn Ravens getting ripped up, would you say that Flacco's huge contract is a big part in this break up of the team?

Mmm it hasn't helped but in the end Ravens just were not offering it enough. bleacher report is good as is NFLUK forums which they have a FA thread. It's been a very active start. Rams sign Jared Cook as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn I'm not even sure anymore whats going on with the Ravens let Pollard go now. Crazy stuff.

Chiefs with some pretty good pickups i expect them to be a wildcard or thereabouts next year.

Dolphins splashing the cash and still a bit left. Overpaid Wallace thats for sure no way is he worth a 5 year 60 million contract or whatever they gave him. Wildcard i think for them as well.

I think the AFC North favourites are the Bengals.

Also Patriots being seriously silent about FA targets only so far Josh Cribbs and Sean Smith we know of.
Reggie bush a lion now. Interesting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strong Rumor Wes is gonna sign with the Bronco's if thats the case im seriously pissed off.

If that happens offer Cruz 40m over 5 years and see if the Giants match it. Hes worth a first round.
Wes is a Bronco now. Rage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest