view next
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
These lads are gearing themselves up for the big match later today :cool:

Love it

Zurich I'm gonna PM you got something for you.
jam278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
You have to think first goals wins it..

If Atletico score first, they will just defend even more and break on the counter.

If Real Madrid score first, Atletico have to come out looking for a goal and then Ronaldo and Bale will pick them off.
Na watch the 2-2 game at the calderon before making that assumption. Real have too many goals in them to just lose it to a 1-0 defeat, while Atlético have the added threat of aerial set pieces compared to Real.

Real Madrid are weaker on defending the wings and without Alonso they have less of a calm presence in midfield to control the play, although Illaramendi is a more tenacious character and Modric is Modric. I can see both teams trying to bypass the ball to the wings as quickly as possible. Real more so than Atlético. Real will use Marcelo and Carvajal, last time at the calderon they struggled because Arbeloa and Coentrao aren't as good attacking wise, so they changed the wing backs, Atlético tried defending deep and narrow and Real got their goal from their wing back pushing towards the wing.

I wonder if Atlético will play the way they played against Barca, in pressing them high initially and playing their game with triangles and quick passing and good wing play.
Blame Game
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
mouthwatering final
Existentialgrad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would love it if Atletico win an amazing double, but one has to fancy Real Madrid to win it. Fingers crossed for Atleti though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Existentialgrad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One further comment, I have found the reporting in the English media in the build up to the match to be very unbalanced. Most articles focus on Real Madrid with a couple of paragraphs on Atletico at the end.

Very unfair on Atletico, given what they have achieved this season. Beating Barcelona and Real Madrid to the league title in this financial context is the best achievement ever in my opinion in terms of football feats, and reaching the champions league final too makes it unbelievable. Simeone is a managerial genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
^My favourite on reporting on Atletico is they seem to downplay their individual talents by saying they are a hard-working and compact team and that they defend continously. Not too bad going forward either.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yodawg321)
No. It will probably be illarramendi instead of Khedira. Khederia will be benched. Probs with 4-3-3 formation.
Quoting to gloat
Vae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Villa Maravilla to save the evening. Khedira is not a better option than Illarra, hardly capable as a lone DM and on top of that little to no match fitness. Still, Atléti's defence needs to be on point. Hopefully no Patético blunders and hopefully their cojones are big again tonight.
Kim-Jong-Illest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
any1 makin a match thread?
Blame Game
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol remember i said

khedira modric
di maria
bale benz cristiano

a week ago and some guy on here just got gassed and angry lol
jam278
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blame Game)
lol remember i said

khedira modric
di maria
bale benz cristiano

a week ago and some guy on here just got gassed and angry lol
Na.

I said it'll be 4-4-2 with Ronaldo or Di Maria behind Benzema. I also said Modric and Khedira will play together.

Lol in fact you're a wasteman cos I said Ronaldo will play behind Benzema in a 4-4-2. :rofl:
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by qua)
Villa Maravilla to save the evening. Khedira is not a better option than Illarra, hardly capable as a lone DM and on top of that little to no match fitness. Still, Atléti's defence needs to be on point. Hopefully no Patético blunders and hopefully their cojones are big again tonight.
They're both ****e options tbh. Khedira isn't ideal and Illara just isn't good enough yet. I prefer Khedira overall.
jam278
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, Messi is still the best player in the world I don't know why these people are gassing so much.
When Enrique wins Barca the league next season we'll see.
Blame Game
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jam278)
Na.

I said it'll be 4-4-2 with Ronaldo or Di Maria behind Benzema. I also said Modric and Khedira will play together.

Lol in fact you're a wasteman cos I said Ronaldo will play behind Benzema in a 4-4-2. :rofl:
nah I remember your words, relating to Modric 'that's absurd' etc, you were being bare dismissive unnecessarily

suck tits
Blame Game
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A European cup final.

Bloody hell

goosebumps
jam278
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blame Game)
nah I remember your words, relating to Modric 'that's absurd' etc, you were being bare dismissive unnecessarily

suck tits
(Original post by jam278)
Na. It'll be too close to call.

No costa is always a miss but the way they play means that it's next to impossible to break them down regardless.

Their attacking play is good without them anyway. Costa allows the runs into the channel as well as his good hold up play but Alonso missing is more of a loss tbh. Atlético are quite underrated in their play on the ground I feel, at times they were going toe to toe and outdoing Barca in their passing and moving.

I think Ancelotti will play 4-4-2 with Khedira and Modric. He's not starting Illaramendi in a CL final and with Di Maria's form, Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema doing well too he's going to be under pressure to play them.
Said a week ago

Also the song is giving me goosebumps.
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Atletico look ****ing nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
LightBlueSoldier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
three minutes for Ronaldo's first dive. He's improving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kim-Jong-Illest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
didnt think itd be so soon but he looked fuarked
LightBlueSoldier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Real Madrid are already falling all over the place. It's embarrassing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.64%
No (602)
72.36%

Watched Threads