Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Yeah, I accepted Derby in the end. What have you decided to do re: apply 2??
    Oooo sounds good ive applied for derby in apply 2 so just awaiting a reply from them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Oooo sounds good ive applied for derby in apply 2 so just awaiting a reply from them!
    Ooh good luck!!
    Did you manage to get feedback from Trent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    I think i'm going to go BGU, I haven't accepted yet though I just want to be sure haha. Got my letter and box through today so now it all seems real! x
    Hi, did you accept your offer for BGU? I accepted mine but haven't received any confirmation through the post, I have only received the box full of things from them. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowworld)
    Yeah I got my letter yesterday too Oh I don't have to do any school experience this academic year. Any school experience this year is in addition to the week in September that everyone has to do as part of the PGCE but before you start at Cambridge - but they didn't mention it in the letter so guess they will send out information about it soon? They talked about it a lot at the interview. Yeah, so many forms to complete!! But do forms have to be sent within 28 days of the letter or 28 days of accepting the offer?
    Well done getting in! Forms have to be in within 28 days of accepting the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh good luck!!
    Did you manage to get feedback from Trent?
    It was just general feedback...not much use really haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    It was just general feedback...not much use really haha
    Ha helpful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    Well done getting in! Forms have to be in within 28 days of accepting the offer.
    Thanks, do you know about the skills tests? I'm sure that said 28 days after the offer (well date on the letter?) and that's why I was unsure about the forms. Maybe I read it wrongly, I should look again!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got my letter yesterday too Oh I don't have to do any school experience this academic year. I think any school experience this year is in addition to the week in September that everyone has to do as part of the PGCE but before you start at Cambridge - but they didn't mention it in the letter so guess they will send out information about it soon? They talked about it a lot at the interview. Yeah, so many forms to complete!! But do forms have to be sent within 28 days of the letter or 28 days of accepting the offer?
    Oh good :-) You're lucky. I need to do another 5 days school experience before the end of June and yeah then I presume the week in September like you said - my letter doesn't mention that either. I think they'll send us info about it nearer the time. I'm pretty sure it's within 28 days of accepting the offer :-) I think it says on the letter.

Did your letter mention what you need to get in your degree? Like 2:1, etc??

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I have 2 offers to choose from: pg dip ed secondary maths at University of Birmingham and pgce secondary maths at Birmingham City University and am finding it very difficult to choose which to accept. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Ha helpful...
    Oh yes haha...very annoying really :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnicolexwx)
    Oh good :-) You're lucky. I need to do another 5 days school experience before the end of June and yeah then I presume the week in September like you said - my letter doesn't mention that either. I think they'll send us info about it nearer the time. I'm pretty sure it's within 28 days of accepting the offer :-) I think it says on the letter.

Did your letter mention what you need to get in your degree? Like 2:1, etc??
    Oh right, 5 days isn't much though I'm sure that will be fine. Was that just listed in the box on the letter?
    Yeah I just reread the letter It is 28 days from accepting the offer which is good! But 28 days from the date of the letter to pass the key skills tests - I'm taking my English one on Saturday, so hopefully if I pass that i'll be done!
    Yes, it says: Completion of your degree at least at upper-second class.
    So yes a 2:1, does yours not say?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, do you know about the skills tests? I'm sure that said 28 days after the offer (well date on the letter?) and that's why I was unsure about the forms. Maybe I read it wrongly, I should look again!
    Not sure about the skills tests, as I already did mine. But on the original letter it says 'we expect applicants to pass the skills tests within 28 days of the offer' x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what the actual letter said but I emailed Ursula about the skills tests and she said late February/early March...that extra time could just be cause I'm from Ireland and couldn't make it over any earlier.They seem to be fairly lenient overall though so I assume they wouldn't go taking our places off us if we're a little late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramcintosh88)
    Does anybody have an offer from Chester for Primary?
    For PGCE? Yes, i've accepted it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ1993)
    Just got put down as "Withdrawn" for one of my choices (Newman Secondary English). When I asked why, they stated the course was full.

1) Shouldn't they have updated it as full earlier?
    2) Why isn't my application just "Declined" instead of "Withdrawn?"
    3) Can I substitute it for another choice?

Got an interview at Worcester on Monday, which I'm so nervous about. Especially since I haven't heard back from my other choice, so it could be my one shot.

This is why i accepted Chester, i love the Uni but they only have 50 or so places and wouldn't tell us how many of those had been formally accepted. i didn't want to risk waiting for other uni interviews to then lose my chester place, as i knew it was between them and mmu!

They told us at the interview that because we no longer have to order our choices they are giving out more places than they have, because they assume not everyone will pick them! This might be the same with your choices.

Good luck for your other interview though!

ReputationRep:
    Getting impatient waiting for Sunderland to come back with a decision I know it's only been a few days since the interview but I'm terrible at waiting! Trying to keep busy and not think about it too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky220692)
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I have 2 offers to choose from: pg dip ed secondary maths at University of Birmingham and pgce secondary maths at Birmingham City University and am finding it very difficult to choose which to accept. Any ideas?

I had the same problem! I couldn't choose between the two for primary!

In the end, I chose UoB because travelling time would've been 10 mins compared to the 40 for BCU, even though I loved BCU

You should consider travelling time, look into the courses, maybe league tables (but they don't mean much), where you're placed for placements.

I know that UoB placements are ALL in Birmingham whereas BCU are scattered from Oxford to the Peaks! But if you don't mind possible not being in Birmingham for your placement then don't worry about that!

ReputationRep:
    Can I get someone's opinion?

My shock interview on Thursday is for a girl's school (I believe the sixth form takes boys) and this is something I'm not very accustomed with. It's a selective school as well, which I'm fine with 'knowing' as went to a grammar myself, but I am wondering if anyone with experience from gender segregated schools can summarise some of the noticeable pros/cons for me just in case it comes up in discussion?

Obviously I can google, but it's more fun to ask you guys. (:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way you to check to see if your provider still has spaces available?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Reading through some of the posts, does it mean if you receive an offer in which you have not yet confirmed, can the uni withdraw it if it becomes full before you can accept it?!?!?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.