Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD2015)
    Same. A thesis and exams all in the next few weeks so waiting to see what they say about dates.
    They've not really thought this application process through, very well, have they? Seems quite poorly organised. Hope they don't read this haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriennbrigden)
    What is the TI like?

It is really bad timing, my exams start next week.
    I shalln't second guess myself until I hear the result!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshenTheSettler)
    Could anyone inform me how an application for the Government Legal Service VS is made?
    All I can find on the website is details of how to apply for a TC, but no links for a direct VS application.
    They're weird. They open in June I think - you'll just have to keep your eyes open!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshenTheSettler)
    Could anyone inform me how an application for the Government Legal Service VS is made?
    All I can find on the website is details of how to apply for a TC, but no links for a direct VS application.
    Their website says applications open the week of the 27th April so this week, although I can't actually find the application form!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Hill Dickinson? Done the video interview and critical reasoning test but still nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot find the application form either- I'm glad it is not just me as I thought I was missing something! I have just sent an email asking for a link to the form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robstaza1)
    Anyone heard from Hill Dickinson? Done the video interview and critical reasoning test but still nothing.
    Still nothing yet. Best of luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Spoke to grad rec at HD last week and she said we'd hear in the next two weeks. I suppose theyre still allocating from their easter vac. Let me know when you hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriennbrigden)
    What is the TI like?

It is really bad timing, my exams start next week.
    It's your standard telephone interview structure really, why them, why law and a few competency based questions. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Blake Morgan yet???

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Laytons and if so, have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthwools)
    Still nothing yet. Best of luck with your application!
    I can't even remember there being an option for an Easter vac scheme. Do you reckon they invite the best summer scheme applicants onto the Easter scheme to snap up the good candidates before the summer vac schemes kick in?

ReputationRep:
    I can't even remember there being an option for an Easter vac scheme. Do you reckon they invite the best summer scheme applicants onto the Easter scheme to snap up the good candidates before the summer vac schemes kick in?
    Which location did you apply for? The Easter scheme was only in London so maybe you only got the option if you applied there? I can't remember either but I applied to their northern scheme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Which location did you apply for? The Easter scheme was only in London so maybe you only got the option if you applied there? I can't remember either but I applied to their northern scheme!
    Perhaps. I just looked on their Apply4Law site and there's no option for an Easter scheme at any offices. I've done the video interview and presumably passed because I was e-mailed about 2 months later with a Watson-Glaser. It's been another two months since then! Already got 3 VS so not too anxious... but needless to say I'd do four!

ReputationRep:
    Weightmans anyone? When do people think we will hear

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. I just looked on their Apply4Law site and there's no option for an Easter scheme at any offices. I've done the video interview and presumably passed because I was e-mailed about 2 months later with a Watson-Glaser. It's been another two months since then! Already got 3 VS so not too anxious... but needless to say I'd do four!
    Yes, not everyone was emailed the test so presume this is the final stage and offers will be going out in the next fortnight? I've accepted other offers too, hopefully if I get this offer will be able to fit it in! Well done on your other offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Yes, not everyone was emailed the test so presume this is the final stage and offers will be going out in the next fortnight? I've accepted other offers too, hopefully if I get this offer will be able to fit it in! Well done on your other offers
    Cheers buddy/buddette and you. Bit odd that there's no AC. I think there's quite a rigorous one on the VS though. Good luck and let me know when you hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    Weightmans anyone? When do people think we will hear
    My guess would be by the end of next week. If the testclosed on Monday night, I reckon that there will be a sieving process of atleast a week. I wonder how they will decide if multiple candidates get the samescores, maybe it will just be back to application form then? Not even sure howthe personality test is scored unless it’s all scored on the SJT and thepersonality component is just to make sure you agree to the parts of the jobwhich are relevant to a legal career. Interesting one....

ReputationRep:
    No, not yet. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    Barclays legal work experience - anyone heard?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.