Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    Sigh. There is so little constructive debate on this thread. People, such as yourself, pop up with incendiary comments and after a reply, will either congratulate themselves on getting a 'bite,' or laugh off any serious reply as they are too afraid to answer.

It can be great engaging with opposition fans, but when they only aim to derail discussions and create pointless arguments, it's depressing.
    That's his agenda anyway

Btw thank you for clearing my point up earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Oh yeah, bring up the fact you have competent strikers. Rub it in.

Y u do dis
    hehe
    don't worry man, you have us beat in most other positions...

(Original post by Ilz300)
    Sigh. There is so little constructive debate on this thread. People, such as yourself, pop up with incendiary comments and after a reply, will either congratulate themselves on getting a 'bite,' or laugh off any serious reply as they are too afraid to answer.

It can be great engaging with opposition fans, but when they only aim to derail discussions and create pointless arguments, it's depressing.
    you say it as if you were talking about something particularly constructive yourself
    the fact is that you severely need a striker and a DM
    get those and you really are set
    but as it stands you miss a consistent clinical striker to win you matches with just a few chances, along with a solid DM who can break up play and stop counter attacks and offload it to your more attacking midfielders.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    hehe
    don't worry man, you have us beat in most other positions...

you say it as if you were talking about something particularly constructive yourself
    the fact is that you severely need a striker and a DM
    get those and you really are set
    but as it stands you miss a consistent clinical striker to win you matches with just a few chances, along with a solid DM who can break up play and stop counter attacks and offload it to your more attacking midfielders.
    Hooray, we have more midgets flooding midfield than you do. Success. :mad: As long as we beat you more times than you beat us I am fine, the smashing last season was acceptable, since we beat you in the FA Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Hooray, we have more midgets flooding midfield than you do. Success. :mad: As long as we beat you more times than you beat us I am fine, the smashing last season was acceptable, since we beat you in the FA Cup.
    yeah but your midgets on their day are ridiculous.
    still can't believe that goal last season - literally the best i have ever seen, no joke.

haha, i think the smashing counted as 2 wins so i'll call it a draw

ReputationRep:
    It's hilarious how many people try to analyse our squads deficiencies by saying "we need a ST and DM or we get relegated!"

No one wants to point out the fact that the reason we conceded the first goal yesterday was because Ozil didn't track his player in the set piece instead watched him run and as much as Callum Chambers looks promising, him and Merte also ****ed up pushing up so far and trying to slide tackle Lukaku in his own ****ing half?

Yet people will cry about Arteta and Giroud and I don't denie that they need addressing but the amount of delusion in this thread drives me mad. No signing will change the fact that Ramsey, Ox, Ozil and Wilshere were all poor yesterday (not gonna bring up Sanchez) or the amount of times Debuchy was caught out.

Bunch of bandwagon pricks really and this isn't just towards arsenal fans because there are loads of others commenting on Arsenal who have no idea what they're talking about let alone watch our matches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Lool wait, so who is it?!! SUG?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah SUG is Lucio he told me on Kik. Really let himself down post quality wise...

(Original post by AR_95)
    He never left

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Breaking news, SUG is Lucio, therefore should be IP banned.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Ugh well his WUM minions are doing a terrible job. Maybe we need a professional annoying guy just to bring these threads back to life.
    I know right?

Vacancy available:
    Job title: Professional WUM
    Job description: Just troll, wum and annoy people when appropriate.
    Gif usage experience required
    Hours: Monday-Sunday 8am till late
    Pay: N/A

Please spread.

(Original post by AR_95)
    He never left

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Legend has that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It's hilarious how many people try to analyse our squads deficiencies by saying "we need a ST and DM or we get relegated!"

No one wants to point out the fact that the reason we conceded the first goal yesterday was because Ozil didn't track his player in the set piece instead watched him run and as much as Callum Chambers looks promising, him and Merte also ****ed up pushing up so far and trying to slide tackle Lukaku in his own ****ing half?

Yet people will cry about Arteta and Giroud and I don't denie that they need addressing but the amount of delusion in this thread drives me mad. No signing will change the fact that Ramsey, Ox, Ozil and Wilshere were all poor yesterday (not gonna bring up Sanchez) or the amount of times Debuchy was caught out.

Bunch of bandwagon pricks really and this isn't just towards arsenal fans because there are loads of others commenting on Arsenal who have no idea what they're talking about let alone watch our matches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol didn't read.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    yeah but your midgets on their day are ridiculous.
    still can't believe that goal last season - literally the best i have ever seen, no joke.

haha, i think the smashing counted as 2 wins so i'll call it a draw
    Fair enough. Apparently people are trying to claim that the Fabregas-Schurrle goal this season was just as good. Nah.

(Original post by jam278)
    Yeah SUG is Lucio he told me on Kik. Really let himself down post quality wise...

Breaking news, SUG is Lucio, therefore should be IP banned.
    Seems legit.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. Apparently people are trying to claim that the Fabregas-Schurrle goal this season was just as good. Nah.

Seems legit.
    really?
    like really?
    that is without doubt the best goal i have seen in all my years of watching football.

ReputationRep:

Seems legit.
    Fab and Schurrle was a good goal but nothing special, you'll see that another 3/4 times this season. It's just a typical real Madrid goal they can do that every week.

It is legit.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I know right?

Vacancy available:
    Job title: Professional WUM
    Job description: Just troll, wum and annoy people when appropriate.
    Gif usage experience required
    Hours: Monday-Sunday 8am till late
    Pay: N/A

Please spread.

Legend has that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    lol didn't read.
    Post is a bit too serious for you to handle I understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    really?
    like really?
    that is without doubt the best goal i have seen in all my years of watching football.
    Yeah. Commentators were going crazy saying 'that is the best pass you will see all season, it is the best I have seen for years etc'.

Me too. When I saw it live I thought Wilshere miscontrolled it and it luckily bounced back off of Giroud.

(Original post by jam278)
    Fab and Schurrle was a good goal but nothing special, you'll see that another 3/4 times this season. It's just a typical real Madrid goal they can do that every week.

It is legit.
    It was meh, the pass was good and Schurrle did well to hit it first time but nothing amazing.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I shake my head at you sir.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I shake my head at you sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like to think a lot of the problems stem from a World Cup hangover/inadequate pre season. For example, so much time was taken to go to New York when only one game was played. Ozil has been traditionally lazy, but just as a counter point, it was his first competitive game back with the team. Not saying you've said this, but a lot of people are moaning that he didn't breeze back in and set up three goals for Sanchez. This isn't FIFA, learning to play with new team mates is something that takes many games.

The Ox has his promising moments but he's still only 21 isn't he? A lot of pressure on him, especially as his pre-season was also cut short by injury. He shows in flashes what he's capable of. Ramsey can almost be excused as he does get the important goals when it matters, and last season he showed what he can do, things just aren't clicking for him but he will get through it. I have no defence for Jack however, his progress has stalled and I worry if he'll ever be physical enough for the league.

We will rely on Walcott heavily when he's fit, and him and Sanchez playing off Giroud is something I'm looking forward to. Giroud won't get 30 goals a season, he probably won't even reach 20, but if his game allows others to prosper, while getting a few himself, that will stand us in good stead.

But my god do we need an Arteta/Flamini replacement.

EDIT
    Forgot to mention Ozil can be seen chasing back the whole length of the pitch to chase Lukaku for the second goal. I mean it's no consolation but it's good to see the guy trying. And Chambers getting caught out was insanity when Mert was already up there, but at 19 you have to hope that's something he will be learning as he goes along.

ReputationRep:
    For any hope of signing Khedira, I think Ancelotti has confirmed that he will be staying at Madrid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ublwt.gif
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Your gif game is not strong

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.