Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I did the practical. I had a panic attack too, which didn't help.

ReputationRep:
    Assistant Psychologist appointment was okay, they are gonna call me next week with another appointment at the local hospital and then eventually move me onto the local Lift service which is good I guess, need to write down things to talk to him about for next week, not sure how much to put down or what it's okay to talk to them about though

still feel really out of sorts too & don't know why & it's really starting to unsettle me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    *rolls around dramatically*

Emailed disability services on Monday and haven't had a reply yet. Such a change from my last uni

ReputationRep:
    So exhausted after being at skating last night, staying up late to bake and then spending the last 3 hours walking around handing out leaflets at the freshers fair :0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling really crap today. Sick of this :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Feel so ill, spent most of the last two hours curled up in a ball on my bed shaking and crying and don't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trekkin)
    I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here
    I'm seventeen years old and have been depressed for about a year and a half, currently using medication and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) to try and fight this thing. Has anyone else used CBT and, if so, how has it worked out for you.
    Haven't done it myself and most what I know about CBT is from friends, both patients and Psychotherapists. CBT has the advantage, that it is closely scientifically monitored and that it teaches you how to cope, although that does not mean, you won't get an idea of the causes, but the idea is not, that by finding underlying problems, you will be cured, which makes it very effective. Thus if you get on well with your psychotherapist and you have the impression, you treat the right thing, chances are pretty good, you will get better.

ReputationRep:
    Theyre talking about hospital again. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that provided I keep moving, I don't get mentally unwell so much.

With this in mind, would it be advisable to seek an outdoors job which involves lots of walking?

What would this job be?

Forestry commission or something?

I really need a nose job im so ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Plastic surgery may make it worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    I've noticed that provided I keep moving, I don't get mentally unwell so much.

With this in mind, would it be advisable to seek an outdoors job which involves lots of walking?

What would this job be?

Forestry commission or something?
    That would probably be a smart move but, if that isn't possible, you could make some time to go to the gym or take a walk to yourself.
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    My my it's busy in here today :v

(Original post by trekkin)
    I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here
    I'm seventeen years old and have been depressed for about a year and a half, currently using medication and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) to try and fight this thing. Has anyone else used CBT and, if so, how has it worked out for you.
    You may of already been told this, but CBT requires a lot of input and effort from your side, effectively they will give you the tools to help yourself, but you still need to use those tools, or you won't see any progress.

I've been through CBT with various therapists before, each with their own take on it. Something i'd recommend doing is putting into practice what you have learnt while you are feeling in a good mood, if you practice things when you feel good, it will be much easier to do when you're feeling really down. I say this because i know it can be very difficult to apply CBT stuff when you're feeling really low.

It isn't for everyone, but i do believe everyone can take something away from CBT, be it coping strategies or exercises that help you to cope. It also gives you a lot of knowledge into the whys and hows of depression, and when we understand something better it's never quite as scary. Best of luck to you with it!

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    Assistant Psychologist appointment was okay, they are gonna call me next week with another appointment at the local hospital and then eventually move me onto the local Lift service which is good I guess, need to write down things to talk to him about for next week, not sure how much to put down or what it's okay to talk to them about though

still feel really out of sorts too & don't know why & it's really starting to unsettle me
    I have days where i feel really disconnected, even moreso than normal :| :hugs: Easier said than done but try not to think too much about it :console: I would write down pretty much everything, people in that line of work are generally nice people and won't care for how little or much much you want to disclose to them. Besides, even if some things aren't in their field of expertise, they may be able to sort something out for you, or give some sort of advice.

(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    *rolls around dramatically*

Emailed disability services on Monday and haven't had a reply yet. Such a change from my last uni
    It's a shame that it has to be done, but pestering people and chasing them up gets things done from my experience. Have you emailed them again or given them a phonecall? :penguinhug:

(Original post by Odd socks)
    So exhausted after being at skating last night, staying up late to bake and then spending the last 3 hours walking around handing out leaflets at the freshers fair :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keeping yourself busy is always healthy imo If nothing else you should sleep easily when night time comes around

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm certain other people will not be bothered as much as you are about it, we are all attractive in some ways; a nice bum, legs, eyes, personality, body shape, voice, eyes. There's a long list or things trust me Most of us have things we dislike about our appearance, i have quite a few myself :getmecoat: focus on improving what's good about you, instead of the things you don't like

ReputationRep:
    Body image

Spoiler:
    Show
    my face is so awful currently, i really cant face the outside world anymore. My medication is meant to stop my acne but im pretty sure its making it worse. I feel so ugly and disgusting. My face is so greasy and spotty its just disgusting. I dont know what to do anymore.
    And to make it worse my hairturism is getting awful.
    I genuinly wish i didnt have my face. Its so minging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i had a panic attack during my science lesson today.

and i have tot do it all again next week,

ReputationRep:
    went on placement today, had a good time but saw a couple slightly triggering cases in A&E, not too bad though. the depression darkness is looming again and i don't even want to leave my room any more because it takes too much effort and i just can't do it any more. the shadows in my head are getting more and more pronounced and I'm convinced another member of my family is going to die this semester and then the med school will chuck me out and all my friends will laugh at me and just ahhhh my heads really noisy and i need it to be quiet quiet quiet
    ED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    body image is basically non-existent, feel so humongous i don't even know any more, i just want to stop eating altogether, i don't deserve it I'm so ugly i hate my body i hate my face my brain hates me whats the point any more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Body image

Spoiler:
    Show
    my face is so awful currently, i really cant face the outside world anymore. My medication is meant to stop my acne but im pretty sure its making it worse. I feel so ugly and disgusting. My face is so greasy and spotty its just disgusting. I dont know what to do anymore.
    And to make it worse my hairturism is getting awful.
    I genuinly wish i didnt have my face. Its so minging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know how you feel, I've been put on medication for mine and although I've only been on it a week, it feels like my skins got worse. Trust me nobody even notices it except for you, it'll get better in time!

ReputationRep:
    Something doesn't feel right. Feel weird. In the past I know this is the feeling I get before I get ill. I don't know if that's the case this time but somethings not right. Feel like something is controlling me. My psych said yesterday I need to cut down on my stress levels or I will get ill again and will end up in hospital. I'm trying my best to stay relaxed but I have too much to do and it's so hard to do things when I feel all weird and on edge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Theyre talking about hospital again. :bawling:
    :hugs: I really hope they find an alternative for you

ReputationRep:
    I cant go to guides as i know im going to get followed and something bads going to happen. I dont know what to do or how to tell them as i dont want to make them worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.