Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Callejon would actually be a good signing for you lot. Can see him doing very well for you guys.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    International break, for the first time ever, is actually a welcome distraction from the shambles of our club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    soton have been excellent but will fade to around europa league challenging level imo.
    everton and spurs are WAY too poor; we are too but what we have going for us is that our best player will actually be playing for us soon.
    We have key players out injured too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Callejon would actually be a good signing for you lot. Can see him doing very well for you guys.
    I can't see Napoli selling for cheap. He'll only have 2 years left in the summer but no doubt they will give him a new bumper contract within the next 6-8 months.

ReputationRep:
    We are better than liverpool at the moment in my opinion. When we've won we have looked far more convincing and many of the games that we have lost or drawn we've been the least fortunate team. That may change when Sturridge gets back, but in most of the key positions, we have the better options.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, our defence sucks. But we were desperately unlucky to only get 2 points from our first 2 games instead of 6 and to not beat United. We are still ahead of you too.

ReputationRep:
    I'd still rather have Jagielka over any of your centre backs at the moment and our midfield and fullbacks are way better.

We'll finish like 7th and you'll finish 8-10th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    I'd still rather have Jagielka over any of your centre backs at the moment and our midfield and fullbacks are way better.

Liverpool have more depth than Everton and so will suffer less due to European games. Are you talking about the midfield that destroyed Everton at Anfield last season? Not to mention Liverpool were unlucky to get the 3 points this season if weren't for Balo missing a sitter and Jagielka scoring a wonder goal.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.squawka.com/football-play...tal#desc#total

Lovren has made 4 defensive mistakes
    Moreno has made 3 defensive mistakes
    Skrtel has made 3 defenstive mistakes

The entire Southampton defence has made 0 defensive mistakes

:facepalm:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moreno's the type of player who will make defensive mistakes, though. I think it's par for the course with the way he plays offensively.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Also, Rodgers needs to bolster his backroom staff just as much as the playing squad.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zerforax)

Can't believe that there isn't a United defender in the top 20. We've probably made about a dozen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Can't believe that there isn't a United defender in the top 20. We've probably made about a dozen.
    Probably because the United defenders keep getting injured so the errors are shared with each and every one.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter

Szczesny... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)

lol.
    just lol.

but yeah, i'd take jagielka for sure.

(Original post by Zerforax)

soton are dons right now though.
    they have great team chemistry, good form and most importantly they have belief.
    do we have any of that? no.

(Original post by Mackay)
    Moreno's the type of player who will make defensive mistakes, though. I think it's par for the course with the way he plays offensively.

Also, Rodgers needs to bolster his backroom staff just as much as the playing squad.
    i agree.
    i'm more concerned at how many mistakes our centre backs make.
    they aren't bombing up and down the field like moreno yet they've still been as bad as or worse than him.

regarding backroom staff, that's bloody essential - more so than any player imo.
    just sack whoever our current defensive coach is and bring in a former player like carragher.
    towards the end of his career, carragher's lack of pace made him a liability but he still knew how to command the defence.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how Origi is getting on?

ReputationRep:
    is SUG still about btw?

If so, what does he call himself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy)
    Anyone know how Origi is getting on?
    He's doing well, certainly better than our current strikers. Scored a beauty last night for Belgium with his weak foot too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    He's doing well, certainly better than our current strikers. Scored a beauty last night for Belgium with his weak foot too
    Why didn't we have a termination clause in that deal? We could really have done with a decent in-form striker in Sturridge's absence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Why didn't we have a termination clause in that deal? We could really have done with a decent in-form striker in Sturridge's absence.
    The deal was that Liverpool can sign Origi provided that he gets loaned back to Lille for the whole season otherwise no loan no deal, don't think Lille would of agreed to a termination clause otherwise what would be point.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.