The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Heh of course a player under the age of 21 is termed as a youth player. It doesn't matter how consistently they played in another league, Mourinho took a risk by playing him in the Spanish league which is head and shoulders above the French league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
atom y humber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So united fans have picked of the Barton of defending moutinho's crap. Don't forget guys, it's all mindness games.

(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
Heh of course a player under the age of 21 is termed as a youth player. It doesn't matter how consistently they played in another league, Mourinho took a risk by playing him in the Spanish league which is head and shoulders above the French league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw, why 21 and not 22/3/4?
David Brent.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Varane lol that's not youth in the slightest. It's like saying Zouma is youth for Chelsea. Complete ******** to bring him up. If anything, I give Mourinho a lot of credit for Davide Santon. Balotelli he used quite a lot too(prior to 13/14 Balotelli had made his most appearances under Mourinho) but he was already established somewhat in the first team under Mancini. Credit where it's due at Inter too, porto it's a given for any manager there.

Casillas well it was clear Mourinho made the right call. The way he executed it could have been better but he was completely spot on with Casillas.

However why does Ivanovic still start under Mourinho despite having the top 3 LBs in the world and on our bench and a better RB playing out of position?
He still brought him in and wasn't afraid to play him in the big games and displace Ramos or Pepe, that was my point.
Mourinho was completely scapegoated for the Casillas decision, despite Ancelotti making the same decision.

Mate, anytime I ****ged off Ivanovic earlier this season you defended him and said I was wrong. You're ridiculously wishy-washy. Not exactly surprising though, with this whole pseudo-intellectual football act you've got going on.

Nonce
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This argument is only happening cause United fans think Mourinho will be our next manager. Otherwise, no way would they be defending him FFS.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
and because Jam is salty
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by atom y humber)
So united fans have picked of the Barton of defending moutinho's crap. Don't forget guys, it's all mindness games.

Btw, why 21 and not 22/3/4?
I think its more because I'm thinking of the team titles. Like U21, U18s and such. I know players older than 21 can play for the U21s but yeah just using those classifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by David Brent.)
He still brought him in and wasn't afraid to play him in the big games and displace Ramos or Pepe, that was my point.
Mourinho was completely scapegoated for the Casillas decision, despite Ancelotti making the same decision.

Mate, anytime I ****ged off Ivanovic earlier this season you defended him and said I was wrong. You're ridiculously wishy-washy. Not exactly surprising though, with this whole pseudo-intellectual football act you've got going on.

Nonce
Ok that's fair enough, he's done that with Zouma too.

Mou was scapegoated because of his approach for the Casillas decision(although he got the actual decision spot on). Said to Pepe in the press that he's only backing his team mate because he got dropped for a 19 year old.

No that's ******** I have been complaining about Ivanovic for almost 2 calendar years and you were defending him earlier last season when I notice the trend that he was leaking goals. Only defence I have for Ivanovic this season(after he got injured and Chelsea were still losing games) was that the entire team were playing poorly, which I'm pretty sure you agree with as that was your(and Nickini's) justification for why Chelsea should not get rid of José Mourinho. No need to get angry.

And as I say this Ivanovic saves the day. Probably don't need a Terry replacement with him at CB but another fullback wouldn't go amiss. Aurier probably.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Ok that's fair enough, he's done that with Zouma too.

Mou was scapegoated because of his approach for the Casillas decision(although he got the actual decision spot on). Said to Pepe in the press that he's only backing his team mate because he got dropped for a 19 year old.

No that's ******** I have been complaining about Ivanovic for almost 2 calendar years and you were defending him earlier last season when I notice the trend that he was leaking goals. Only defence I have for Ivanovic this season(after he got injured and Chelsea were still losing games) was that the entire team were playing poorly, which I'm pretty sure you agree with as that was your(and Nickini's) justification for why Chelsea should not get rid of José Mourinho. No need to get angry.

And as I say this Ivanovic saves the day. Probably don't need a Terry replacement with him at CB but another fullback wouldn't go amiss. Aurier probably.
Well don't you look silly now?
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
I think its more because I'm thinking of the team titles. Like U21, U18s and such. I know players older than 21 can play for the U21s but yeah just using those classifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or because you lot want arbitrary values to make sorry excuses for Mourinho playing youth? Because buying and then playing some of the best youngsters in the world is using the youth?

So Pellegrini been using youth like Sterling and Van Gaal been using Martial. Chelsea also been using youth like Oscar/Hazard/Zouma/Baba Rahman init. Gotta say Chelsea are amazing with youth then.
Mo De Lemone
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Arsenal, pls. Be gentle on us
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rashford seems like a hunter of the ball, and worth a punt to target Mertesacker but would take a draw definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Rashford seems like a hunter of the ball, and worth a punt to target Mertesacker but would take a draw definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Literally played one game.
Literally scored two tap ins.
leinad2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Literally played one game.
Literally scored two tap ins.
And wot?? Man like Sanogo scored a hatty yesterday. Rashford and Sanogo are defo frontrunners for 2k16 Ballon D'or. Oh, and man like Memphis...
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by leinad2012)
And wot?? Man like Sanogo scored a hatty yesterday. Rashford and Sanogo are defo frontrunners for 2k16 Ballon D'or. Oh, and man like Memphis...
Don't forget Origi and Welbeck m8
ClockEnderAFC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
FFS the state of your team. If we don't win we should liquidate.
Mo De Lemone
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
all we can really hope for is a draw. that bench ffs
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Carrick-Blind partnership again. Scary stuff that.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Arsenal to finally get that 8-2 revenge. Can't see anything past atleast a 3-0 loss

Posted from TSR Mobile
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That lineup is depressing. Best we can put out, though. If we get a result here, Arsenal should feel ashamed.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At least Welbeck's starting and Giroud's on the bench. Some respite for us at least.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (208)
19.15%
Labour (461)
42.45%
Liberal Democrats (210)
19.34%
Green Party (57)
5.25%
Brexit Party (29)
2.67%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (16)
1.47%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.92%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.28%
UKIP (12)
1.1%
Other (10)
0.92%
None (62)
5.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise