Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nobody knows what England's best team is yet. FAIL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I found this very amusing even if it does not involve football. :cool:
    Good read :cool: I like Hari. Avid reader of his when I was at uni. Regularly read his articles online :cool: :o:

Lawton again penned an article about Beckham this weekend. He really is a ****. Yet I still choose to read them. I'm a complete tosser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Doesn't negate the fact that England are pretty average. In fact after their last two showings I've been let down, maybe I overrated them but they look worse than I thought.
    You are aware that both games included an experimental selection and formation, right? :rolleyes:

Are you aware that Spain only beat the Saudis 3-2 with an injury time winner? Pretty average tbh. The amount of people who are treating these friendlies as WC games is embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    France drew 1-1 with Tunisia with their best team. At least we won both of our warmup games
    And on both occasions, the opposition was superb...huh

Far from convincing performances. Disjointed. Clueless.

Maybe this is all part of the Capello masterplan. To lull competition into a false sense of security...?

ReputationRep:
    Weren't France very, very average before winning the World Cup or Euros at one point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Nobody knows what England's best team is yet. FAIL
    Our best team will still lose out in the quarters, in a penalty shoot out. And it will all be the ref's fault or the fact that we shouldn't have had a player sent off, e.g. for innocently stamping on an opponent's bollox.

ReputationRep:
    Weren't France very, very average before winning the World Cup or Euros at one point?
    rlly? Oh, what was I worrying about?! We'll definitely win the world cup then :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Are France still starting Gignac?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Our best team will still lose out in the quarters, in a penalty shoot out. And it will all be the ref's fault or the fact that we shouldn't have had a player sent off, e.g. for innocently stamping on an opponent's bollox.
    What? But...1966!

ReputationRep:
    Seen the highlights of the England match, must say, the first own goal was superb. Rooney seemed to have felt sorry for the guy who made the second own goal though!

ReputationRep:
    Seen the highlights of the England match, must say, the first own goal was superb. Rooney seemed to have felt sorry for the guy who made the second own goal though!
    highlights? You sure about that? :confused: You could do with this kind of luck in the world cup. We might even make it to the quarters then :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You are aware that both games included an experimental selection and formation, right? :rolleyes:

Are you aware that Spain only beat the Saudis 3-2 with an injury time winner? Pretty average tbh. The amount of people who are treating these friendlies as WC games is embarrassing.
    Are you aware England won without scoring? Pretty average tbh. Let's face it, the only embarrasing thing is this England team. They've got some very good players but look piss poor every time I see them, they can't even control a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Are you aware England won without scoring? Pretty average tbh. Let's face it, the only embarrasing thing is this England team. They've got some very good players but look piss poor every time I see them, they can't even control a game.
    Ignore my entire post and just repeat what you said then.

Ignore the entire qualifying campaign, when they played far better teams than Japan and Mexico in competitive games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I think some people remain deluded over England tbh. I'm just glad I'm not naive. We're **** and I know we're ****. My expectations are very low and when we do get knocked out in the quarters (at best), I won't feel quite so depressed and down about things. Defence mechanism really :cool: I'm not one to believe in the hype. Just wonder if the players themselves lack the belief. They surely know that there are at least 5-6 teams that are clearly better outfits than themselves...comfortably so. We're nothing special and they must know it.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore my entire post and just repeat what you said then.

Ignore the entire qualifying campaign, when they played far better teams than Japan and Mexico in competitive games.
    like a Croatian team who had a player sent off and were fielding a weakened side due to injuries and suspensions?

Far better teams than Japan and Mexico...I don't accept that. Our qualifying group was piss poor in quality.

ReputationRep:
    For all you England supporters, I hope Barry get back sooner rather than later as they seem to perform better with him in the team.

ReputationRep:
    WHW, yeah The FA have their own Youtube channel. Didn't see the match you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    For all you England supporters, I hope Barry get back sooner rather than later as they seem to perform better with him in the team.
    Is that Zelda in your sig? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is that Zelda in your sig? :p:
    :sexface: You know it is.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, we won all but one of our qualifying matches (and we only lost one of them because we had already qualified).

We scrape through two friendly, non competitive matches where it is obvious that the manager is tinkering with the team and suddenly we're godawful?

I know this country's full of pessimists, but come on.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.