• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I haven't given up on the idea, it's just that we haven't really had any new information to support the idea, and we've already gone over a lot of what we've got, so there's not much more to discuss about it.

From one of the previews:

The high point of The Lodger comes at the end, separate from the main story, with the suggestion that Amy (who has been absent for most of the episode) may yet remember Rory – a perfect example of sci-fi being used to tell a human story that could not be done in any other genre.

ReputationRep:
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/more-on-the-lodger-6181.htm

That picture is definitely interesting

Coffin? Pandorica-like Designs? Strangely disappeared hand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/more-on-the-lodger-6181.htm

That picture is definitely interesting

Coffin? Pandorica-like Designs? Strangely disappeared hand?
    The symbol of Omega.

ReputationRep:
    I can sort of see it ... but it's not really an Omega symbol.

ReputationRep:
    The Doctor Who exhibition in Newcastle is rather awesome :awesome:

aaaand there's a phone box which has been done up to look like the TARDIS near the station. I was in my geeky element

(Original post by Aula)
    The Doctor Who exhibition in Newcastle is rather awesome :awesome:

aaaand there's a phone box which has been done up to look like the TARDIS near the station. I was in my geeky element
    Did you take any pictures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Did you take any pictures?
    I didn't, but Jess did. (I have lost the battery for my camera )
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    Doctor Whoooo

ReputationRep:
    The other day my bf and I drove past a pub with TARDIS doors and a Dalek and scarecrow outside the front

Having just seen the whole upstairs but not really upstairs in today's episode, I think it's fair to say that there's more to Amy's house than meets the eye. I was going to say it hosts the Pandorica but I think that's located at Stonehenge, anyway the stairs at Amy's house must lead to something other than the attic, well not must.

Actually now that I've calmed down and thought about it, it seems like a red herring because half of the internet has been going crazy about there being more to Amy's house than meets the eye and now we have a storyline that does the whole more to the house thing/perception filter which makes it way too obvious that the same thing might also be true of Amy's house.

Oh and with that episode, I think it's Amy who teaches River to fly the TARDIS.

Although the ending was a bit ambiguous, does Amy remember the ring and did the opening of the ring cause the crack to widen some more?

EDIT From the next time clips, River Song mentioned the chelonians who are monsters/enemies from the books. I bet the fanboys who cream about what counts as canon creamed themselves when they heard that name. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Please forgive me for being a little confused but, wasn't The Doctor a little casual about it being a time engine. Surely there's only limited races that can use time and surely one imploding is going to have consequences?

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Ah, good point. :holmes:

It adds up too since Moffat said he would deal with the River Song story within the two (?) series or within 11th Doctor's era.

EDIT: Although I would have thought she would have hinted or warmed more to Amy than she did in the Weeping Angels story...

I don't think she remembers as they would have shown a flashback of Rory, I think its a sort of unconscious thing which also caused to crack to widen as if somehow subconsciously remembering somebody can somehow bring them back (?).
    I think the whole reason she didn't warm to Amy is because she's already met Amy when the pandorica opens which is why she didn't respond to the Doctor introducing Amy to River although at the end she did say 'see you, Amy' so I'm guessing when they finally meet in 'The Pandorica Opens' Amy reacts warmly to River while River thinks she hasn't met Amy.

So the crack widens because of the inherent paradox of the ring's existence and Amy finding out?

I still think Moffat is going to have a huge job tying this up because there's the Pandorica, the cracks, Amy, the silence that falls, Rory etc and they all have to be wrapped up. Are they all linked or does one cause the other? I wish I had a time machine so I could just hop into the future and watch it now instead of having to wait.

Oh and someone posted this on GB, although there's a good chance you've already seen it.

"This isn't about the Doctor. This is not necessarily about the Aliens or the crack or anything else... it's all about one scared little girl - It's ambitious and daring and will leave many on [Gallifrey Base] questioning where the show can possibly go next after that."
    I imagine that those who think Amy always takes centre stage aren't goign to like it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, Karen Gillan suggested 'time loop' was a clue for the finale and we saw some of it today so the finale is going to be interesting and a massive head **** at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Wow, time loop above.
    Probably something to do with a time engine imploding nearby.

ReputationRep:
    Even when Amy doesn't appear much, she takes on an extremely important role XD

Quite liked the episode Felt good from some bits - not emotional or teary or anything close, but a sense of goodness in my hearts. The cheesiness of "And they lived happily ever after" was used will in the love-conquers-all solution. Not the biggest fan of Corden, but he was a'ight.

Where's the magic link to the discussion thread?

Also, I think this was one of the most homo-erotic episodes yet - and that includes the ones with Captain Jack!

Even when Amy doesn't appear much, she takes on an extremely important role XD

Quite liked the episode Felt good from some bits - not emotional or teary or anything close, but a sense of goodness in my hearts. The cheesiness of "And they lived happily ever after" was used will in the love-conquers-all solution. Not the biggest fan of Corden, but he was a'ight.

Where's the magic link to the discussion thread?

Also, I think this was one of the most homo-erotic episodes yet - and that includes the ones with Captain Jack!
    Really? It was hardly homo-erotic.

So RTD's gay agenda has been replaced by Moffat's gay agenda? :holmes:

EDIT Wimbledon is on in two weeks, just before the finale, I really hope it doesn't overrun. Come on Murray.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the Pandorica is bigger in the inside than on the outside? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Really? It was hardly homo-erotic.

So RTD's gay agenda has been replaced by Moffat's gay agenda? :holmes:
    The Doctor was acting very ... gay in this episode XD

Plus naked Matt :teeth:

I hear there's a bondage machine chair similar to The Master's bondage machine chair in the finale :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    I wonder if the Pandorica is bigger in the inside than on the outside? :awesome:
    It is :teeth:

Edit: Going to make some Blueberry muffins, ttfn

ReputationRep:
    It is :teeth:
    Ooo, and the worst thing in the universe is in there?

Sounds like a nightmare. :mmm:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.