starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
hugs why dont you give him a call hun?:hugs:
This is why

I thought patrick would text but he hasnt and to be honest im still waiting for that call and text. I just thought he would because since everyones with their families, and im not that i need friends. I hate sometimes at boots when I ask people what they were doing for xmas when they would have their family all together and i know i have david and his but its not the same.
vapid slut magician
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Siti, playing that kind of game is ultimately going to backfire. In the end you'll wind yourself up and text him saying something like 'i was waiting for a text from you because you know im alone, I don't think it's too much to ask' etc etc. Then you'll have a fight and resent each other and it's supposed to be the season of goodwill. You can't expect people to be tuned to your needs constantly, especially if you don't know what's going on with them at the time. If you want to speak to him then make the move, you can't sit there playing the martyr expecting people to come to you. Not contacting someone you love at Christmas because you 'thought he would text' is kind of petty and silly and it won't make you happy.

That was all badly written, I'm so fuzzy this morning.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Hello all, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I went to see my baby nephew et al. I'm back now - I feel so depressed! It's horrible. There were nice parts of Christmas which I will try to hold on to. I just wish I didn't feel like this.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. What's everyone doing for NYE?
Nothos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Hello all, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I went to see my baby nephew et al. I'm back now - I feel so depressed! It's horrible. There were nice parts of Christmas which I will try to hold on to. I just wish I didn't feel like this.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. What's everyone doing for NYE?
:hugs: I had a bad Christmas too, I'm sorry you had to put up with it too...Why the hell does depression decide to flare up on Christmas Eve?

At this rate, I won't be doing anything, just sitting alone in my flat and drinking myself into a stupor...
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how's everyone else here doing? like a yo-yo today. the isolation's really getting to me. stuck in a house in a country where i don't know a single goddamm person. haven't been sleeping properly either. lying in bed in a cold sweat almost the whole of last night. ah well, had plenty of time to brush up on my russian. что это адстой?
(Original post by BruceTaylor)
At this rate, I won't be doing anything, just sitting alone in my flat and drinking myself into a stupor...
i'll join you on that! internet pissup!
Nothos
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
i'll join you on that! internet pissup!
:top:
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
Siti, playing that kind of game is ultimately going to backfire. In the end you'll wind yourself up and text him saying something like 'i was waiting for a text from you because you know im alone, I don't think it's too much to ask' etc etc. Then you'll have a fight and resent each other and it's supposed to be the season of goodwill. You can't expect people to be tuned to your needs constantly, especially if you don't know what's going on with them at the time. If you want to speak to him then make the move, you can't sit there playing the martyr expecting people to come to you. Not contacting someone you love at Christmas because you 'thought he would text' is kind of petty and silly and it won't make you happy.

That was all badly written, I'm so fuzzy this morning.
I never expect him to be with me all the time, please dont say that. Actually in the last few months, my so called best friend has promised to ring me around 100 times and then never has, apart from around 4 times. I am not playing martyr, because at the end of the day i have no idea about how he feels about being my friend; and that hurts me, that he cant even have sent a text.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
I never expect him to be with me all the time, please dont say that. Actually in the last few months, my so called best friend has promised to ring me around 100 times and then never has, apart from around 4 times. I am not playing martyr, because at the end of the day i have no idea about how he feels about being my friend; and that hurts me, that he cant even have sent a text.
:console:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
23rd birthday today, not feeling great, but a bit better than the last two years I suppose.
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
23rd birthday today, not feeling great, but a bit better than the last two years I suppose.
:hugs: happy birthday hun
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: happy birthday hun
Thanks Vie. :hugs: How are you, honey?
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks Vie. :hugs: How are you, honey?
I'm freezing cold and annoyed with myself you?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm freezing cold and annoyed with myself you?
I'm ok, it was never going to be a great day for me.

Why are you annoyed at yourself? :hugs:
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm ok, it was never going to be a great day for me.

Why are you annoyed at yourself? :hugs:
:hugs: well it should be a great day for you hun
I'm feeling low and I know i'm making myself feel worse
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm feeling a bit poo and thought I'd post here seeing y'all seem like nice people and maybe will be able to offer some advice and I hate H&R. Sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I typed a bit madly when I first posted it a few mins ago in my uni chat thread.

I feel SO rubbish and SO depressed. It must be post-Christmas blues or something. I do not understand why I'm so lazy. I feel there are so many things I'm capable of, yet just don't do. I've spent most of this month making mental lists of the gazillion things I need to do (work/personal/self improvementy things/orgainsational things) and then saying ':santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: it' and curling up somewhere feeling rubbish for hours. Everything's pising me off these days and I'm snapping at everyone and at the same time feel inadequate on about a million levels. I had a really fun mich. term; probably the best ever because i had started to feel really happy but the holidays have been a total downer. i blame it on spending hours on facebook (not something i do in term) and looking through the profiles of girls who seriously seem to have it all (though not seeming to have to work nearly as hard as i do) whilst i'm stuck here slaving over a degree (and not doing amazingly well either) with zilch career prospects (i have no idea what to do with my life) and will probs be rejected for all my masters courses or something.

ugh. feel :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:.

anyways i know people will say what I know I need to do which is to take a deep breath and start sorting out things one by one but I reckon I'm gonna go stare at the ceiling.
Nothos
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I'm feeling a bit poo and thought I'd post here seeing y'all seem like nice people and maybe will be able to offer some advice and I hate H&R. Sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I typed a bit madly when I first posted it a few mins ago in my uni chat thread.

I feel SO rubbish and SO depressed. It must be post-Christmas blues or something. I do not understand why I'm so lazy. I feel there are so many things I'm capable of, yet just don't do. I've spent most of this month making mental lists of the gazillion things I need to do (work/personal/self improvementy things/orgainsational things) and then saying ':santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: it' and curling up somewhere feeling rubbish for hours. Everything's pising me off these days and I'm snapping at everyone and at the same time feel inadequate on about a million levels. I had a really fun mich. term; probably the best ever because i had started to feel really happy but the holidays have been a total downer. i blame it on spending hours on facebook (not something i do in term) and looking through the profiles of girls who seriously seem to have it all (though not seeming to have to work nearly as hard as i do) whilst i'm stuck here slaving over a degree (and not doing amazingly well either) with zilch career prospects (i have no idea what to do with my life) and will probs be rejected for all my masters courses or something.

ugh. feel :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:.

anyways i know people will say what I know I need to do which is to take a deep breath and start sorting out things one by one but I reckon I'm gonna go stare at the ceiling.
I hope this helps:

Have you ever heard of Gerbner's Model of Communication? If not, it's this one:

What it essentially means is that when you view an event it is entirely different on the basis of how you view it. Cameras are notorious, they capture a moment of a life and can make a good life appear bad and vice versa. Just because these facebook profiles give the impression of easy lives, doesn't mean it's true. So don't let them affect you, all right? :console:

And don't worry, holidays in general are pants for a lot of people. I for one hate being at home, which is why I'm off to Greenwich again today, you'll feel better and be able to deal with stuff more effectively once back in the hustle and bustle of uni life, trust me :o:
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BruceTaylor)
I hope this helps:

Have you ever heard of Gerbner's Model of Communication? If not, it's this one:

What it essentially means is that when you view an event it is entirely different on the basis of how you view it. Cameras are notorious, they capture a moment of a life and can make a good life appear bad and vice versa. Just because these facebook profiles give the impression of easy lives, doesn't mean it's true. So don't let them affect you, all right? :console:

And don't worry, holidays in general are pants for a lot of people. I for one hate being at home, which is why I'm off to Greenwich again today, you'll feel better and be able to deal with stuff more effectively once back in the hustle and bustle of uni life, trust me :o:
Thanks, I wasn't really expecting replies I'm doing some uni reading atm and trying to sort stuff out. I think I'll be fine when I get back to uni but it still means I've wasted days over the hols which is bad given how much stuff I have to do.
Nothos
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Thanks, I wasn't really expecting replies I'm doing some uni reading atm and trying to sort stuff out. I think I'll be fine when I get back to uni but it still means I've wasted days over the hols which is bad given how much stuff I have to do.
Of course you'll get a reply here, we know what you're going through :hugs:

And you shouldn't worry so much, all you've done is used your holidays to get some R&R, nothing wrong with that
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
What's everyone doing for NYE?
Nothing.... depsoc party?

We should organize the meet while people are still home from uni
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mini I feel exactly the same. Especially since I had all these plans for Oxford to make it an action packed year (or 9 months rather), then I broke my :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: wrist so none of it has happened and I'm terrified I won't be ready for Varsity gymnastics which was part of the reason I bothered staying at Oxbridge at all. Since breaking my wrist I think I've developed a mild form of PTSD; i've been acutely depressed and suicidal, panic attacks coming back, general laziness/apathy. The whole of 2008 has been one big pile of :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: when I think about it (apart from graduating with a first... somewhat overshadowed by my arrest). I feel like I need to make some simple and realistic goals for 2009, especially regarding my career.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads