• TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Coy Girl)
At least we are good at the being surprised bit; 'what? me? you like me?!'
(or at least this is the bit I'm best at:yep:)

I have actually been known to look confused and say 'what?!' to someone trying to ask me out...
Probably how I would react tbh! My ex never 'officially' asked me out - I knew he liked me, but we hadn't seen each other for a year. We met up (with two other friends who ended up getting together as well) and kissed, and then we were pretty much a couple (we had been friends for about 3 years before this)
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't just march up to someone to ask them out, I'm far too shy. I suppose I'd just hope they realise I like them.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ethereal)
I wouldn't just march up to someone to ask them out, I'm far too shy. I suppose I'd just hope they realise I like them.

Same.

The two times I have 'just marched up to someone' have been unmitigated failures.
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tbh I think I would have to know a guy first to go out with him
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh, they've been people I've known, but it was somewhat out of the blue.
georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by netprime)
If you could have anyone as a bf/gf, who'd it be?

I imagine this could be interesting.
I know who I'd have. But the odds are slim

(Original post by Drewski)
Nah, I know without trying!

If I were to pick a c-leb, I guess someone of the Emmy Rossum and Lucy Porter would figure highly.

Yeah, there are 2 girls, Eliza and Kat [noone here knows them, so it's all good.. so long as people don't go stalking fb :ninja:] but one's got a bf and the other is just so far out of my league it's not funny.
Sorry, I did go stalking fb (I know, I'm bad), and I don't know which is which but honestly neither are out of your league. You underestimate yourself.
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xKTx)
Tbh I think I would have to know a guy first to go out with him
I work on this basis too. I think there has to be an underlying friendship for a relationship to work
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
Sorry, I did go stalking fb (I know, I'm bad), and I don't know which is which but honestly neither are out of your league. You underestimate yourself.

Meanie! [For going stalking, I mean]

And yes, I possibly do, but at least this way I don't get disappointed!

[For the record, Eliza's the one with the fella]
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ethereal)
I work on this basis too. I think there has to be an underlying friendship for a relationship to work
You know, I used to think this. But I think you can develop a friendship and a relationship alongside each other. Or at least, I hope you can.
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Meanie! [For going stalking, I mean]

And yes, I possibly do, but at least this way I don't get disappointed!

[For the record, Eliza's the one with the fella]
Oh you love it really. I honestly wouldn't have thought of doing it if you hadn't mentioned it though.

No, you really do. Trust me. Stop being silly and putting yourself down all the time!

I hope this doesn't sound horrible, but I thought she might be. Kat looks more...glamourous, I suppose.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh you love it really. I honestly wouldn't have thought of doing it if you hadn't mentioned it though.

No, you really do. Trust me. Stop being silly and putting yourself down all the time!

I hope this doesn't sound horrible, but I thought she might be. Kat looks more...glamourous, I suppose.

I'm my own worst enemy...

It's not horrible at all, you had a hunch and it was right, nothing mean about that. And yes, Kat is. But in a really good way.
rob987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So is this thread for people who are single and think they're wonderful, or think it's wonderful being single?

Either way, hello!
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm my own worst enemy...

It's not horrible at all, you had a hunch and it was right, nothing mean about that. And yes, Kat is. But in a really good way.
Yes, you are. And you need to stop being so and let whoever you're flying at when you're on tour take that job instead.

I'll take your word for it! I don't know even which one she is out of the two (just that they both looked much more elegant than me!).
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rob987)
So is this thread for people who are single and think they're wonderful, or think it's wonderful being single?

Either way, hello!
For people who are single and who are also wonderful. There is no think about it :p:

Hello!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, you are. And you need to stop being so and let whoever you're flying at when you're on tour take that job instead.

I'll take your word for it! I don't know even which one she is out of the two (just that they both looked much more elegant than me!).

Is the way I am!

Kat is the more 'grown up' of the two, slightly more mature [in 'wisdom' sense] and the marginally more impressive because of who she is and what she does. Eliza is just lovely.
There's nothing to pick between them, except the fact that neither are/would be interested in me!
rob987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For people who are single and who are also wonderful. There is no think about it :p:

Hello!
Cheers for clearing that up. :p:

Is 'permanently single' acceptable, or is that just bordering on sad? :yep:
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is the way I am!

Kat is the more 'grown up' of the two, slightly more mature [in 'wisdom' sense] and the marginally more impressive because of who she is and what she does. Eliza is just lovely.
There's nothing to pick between them, except the fact that neither are/would be interested in me!
Tis not! Tis the way you've made yourself act. Everything is a state of mind.

Okay so how old are they both, what are they like, and what do they do? You know I'm nosy! Why do you say neither would be interested?
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rob987)
Cheers for clearing that up. :p:

Is 'permanently single' acceptable, or is that just bordering on sad? :yep:
Totally acceptable. Cos otherwise I'd be sad, and I refuse to be!!!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tis not! Tis the way you've made yourself act. Everything is a state of mind.

Okay so how old are they both, what are they like, and what do they do? You know I'm nosy! Why do you say neither would be interested?

Oh and it's complete tosh to say that both of them are more elegant than you! You're amazing, at least equally so, if not moreso.

And, no offence, but I'm not saying in public :p: Await the PM if you're that bothered:p:
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hell rob987. Welcome to W&S.

Off to bed guys, whoring TSR too much makes my eyes hurt. Night.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.34%
No - I got the required grades (132)
56.41%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.25%

Watched Threads