The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

It's been nearly a month since their 12 week (including Christmas) deadline has expired. I am slowly becoming more and more impatient with the process. Maths with Economics applicant here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5441
Original post by crazycodmonkey
Good luck to you on the remaining three :smile: i'm just waiting for LSE now haha. I applied for the Accounting (N400) course at Manchester, what about you?

You applied for 3 unis only? Manchester i applied for nn43 or nn34(accounting and finance), just to keep it relevant to the topic, we should PM if its not related to LSE :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArmenianSoldier
It's been nearly a month since their 12 week (including Christmas) deadline has expired. I am slowly becoming more and more impatient with the process. Maths with Economics applicant here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a maths with econ applicant as well! my 7 week email ends in the first week of March.... which email's have you received so far and what are your grades etc. ?
btw, my grades are AAAB at AS and predicted A*(Maths) A*(F maths) A (Chemistry)
offer for bsc economics sent this morning. am actually in complete shock atm. :redface:
Reply 5444
Original post by oatsandraisins
offer for bsc economics sent this morning. am actually in complete shock atm. :redface:

Congratulations! May I ask when did you send off your application?
has anyone received an offer for history?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Offer for Law! :smile: Pleasant start to the day!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Congrats may I know your grades?
Reply 5447
Original post by SRB1234
I have been stalking this page for the longest time!!
FINALLY GOT AN OFFER TO STUDY SOCIAL POLICY AT 12:29 TODAY!!!!
Good luck for anybody still waiting - if you want any more details just let me know!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

congratulations!!!

I have applied for the same. but submitted my application only a week ago :-D so I'll need lots of luck :-D perhaps we'll meet :-D

Do you mind if i ask you, how long they took to give their decision after submitting your application?
Original post by #Unknown
I'm a maths with econ applicant as well! my 7 week email ends in the first week of March.... which email's have you received so far and what are your grades etc. ?
btw, my grades are AAAB at AS and predicted A*(Maths) A*(F maths) A (Chemistry)

I haven't really been looking much into my emails, but more so the 12 week or 31st March deadline. However, from what I remember I had the acknowledgement email, followed by the 2 week email, the 5 week email (Application strong enough to be considered further) and lastly the Christmas one. I've also contacted the admissions tutor various times throughout the process to let him know of changes to my application and what not. In the email response I received mid-January time, I was told my application is still being considered and that I'd have an update in the next couple of weeks. I haven't had this update. My grades are 11 A*/A at GCSE, A*AA in Maths, History, Philosophy and Ethics, as well as an A in Law AS and Further Maths AS - which I self taught in year 13. This academic year I went to Warwick to study PPE, but I dropped out at the start of January, so I'm now also finishing off A2 FM with an A* prediction, alongside to doing AEA Maths, STEP I, STEP II.

Good luck in your application man, I hope you get what you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5449
I'm guessing Friday is a day of rejections.......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArmenianSoldier
I haven't really been looking much into my emails, but more so the 12 week or 31st March deadline. However, from what I remember I had the acknowledgement email, followed by the 2 week email, the 5 week email (Application strong enough to be considered further) and lastly the Christmas one. I've also contacted the admissions tutor various times throughout the process to let him know of changes to my application and what not. In the email response I received mid-January time, I was told my application is still being considered and that I'd have an update in the next couple of weeks. I haven't had this update. My grades are 11 A*/A at GCSE, A*AA in Maths, History, Philosophy and Ethics, as well as an A in Law AS and Further Maths AS - which I self taught in year 13. This academic year I went to Warwick to study PPE, but I dropped out at the start of January, so I'm now also finishing off A2 FM with an A* prediction, alongside to doing AEA Maths, STEP I, STEP II.

Good luck in your application man, I hope you get what you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man! Hopefully it works out for you in the end and we both go LSE :biggrin:
Reply 5451
Original post by rshreesh
congratulations!!!

I have applied for the same. but submitted my application only a week ago :-D so I'll need lots of luck :-D perhaps we'll meet :-D

Do you mind if i ask you, how long they took to give their decision after submitting your application?

I sent my application on the 3rd December, on the 10th December they sent me a 2 week email saying they're checking to see if i meet the entry requirements. Then 3rd January then sent me email saying 'its strong enough to be considered further(not yours is amongst the strongest in this cycle) and that the decision could take up to 7 weeks. Then this morning they made me an offer.
I wish you all the best with your application and I really hope you get an offer!!! The good thing about sending it not that long ago is that you wont have to be tortured for as long while you wait for a response haha :smile:
Hellooo? IR department? You asleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oatsandraisins

Congratulations! May i ask what your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades were? And also, what stage of the email process were you at?
Original post by SRB1234
I have been stalking this page for the longest time!!
FINALLY GOT AN OFFER TO STUDY SOCIAL POLICY AT 12:29 TODAY!!!!
Good luck for anybody still waiting - if you want any more details just let me know!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Hey are you a UK applicant? Also when did you apply?
I've applied for social policy w/ government and have been waiting for around 4 months
Reply 5455
Offer for Government and Social Policy today (20\02). I applied on 7th October (rejected Oxford candidate :l) and received a 2 week email, 5 week email and Christmas 2 week email, so by my reckoning should have been 9 weeks actually took 18!
Now got a tough decision to make...Bath or LSE???
Reply 5456
Original post by ThirdCultureKid.
Hellooo? IR department? You asleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting to hear from the IR department too! I'm getting really nervous.
Reply 5457
econ and econ history come on, let today (Friday) be the day when you finally respond with some good news after being silent for so many months it's not even funny.
I've just received my offer for BSc Economics!

I've applied on the 13th of December as an International Student.My timeline for my application has been:

Dec 13th, 2013 - Application
Jan 17th, 2014 - Application is further to be considered further (7 weeks email)
Jan 31st, 2014 - Rejected by Econs and Social Policy
Feb 14th, 2014 - Rejected by Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Feb 20th, 2014 - Offered by Economics
??? - Waiting for Government and Economics

I've applied using my IB scores and I've been predicted a 43/45 (HL Math 7, Econs 6, English B 7, SL Physics 7, Computer Science 6, Korean A Lit 7, B for Econs EE and B for TOK adding 2 points).

I've spent 4 UCAS choices on LSE because I didn't plan on going to the UK at all if it wasn't for LSE. I thought it would be a good idea to show my dedication towards LSE using 4 choices despite my personal statement having absolutely no mention of social policy nor government. I wish my details can help out towards other applicants, and wish the best of luck to you guys waiting!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5459
I applied the 3rd of December. Yes I am UK applicant :smile: No wayyy 4 months is SO long, that must be so horrible! Is LSE your main choice? Also how past their deadline are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending