Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PGCE 2014 Applications (NOT FOR SPECIFIC INTERVIEW TASK DISCUSSIONS) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Yeah I think they can do that. I guess if you didn't accept them straight away they could argue you weren't intending them to be your first choice. It's just because in previous years you've had to order choices but we didn't need to this year so they are giving out more places than they have x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elb1992)
    For PGCE? Yes, i've accepted it
    Me too!! I'm so excited. Have you heard anything since you firmed your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaches17)
    Is there a way you to check to see if your provider still has spaces available?
    Technically if they are still showing vacancies on UCAS then they should consider your application but it might be better to give them a call and check just to be safe as you don't want your application to be stuck while they are interviewing other people and effectively ignoring yours, if it came in after the interview dates were set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramcintosh88)
    Me too!! I'm so excited. Have you heard anything since you firmed your offer?
    No but I only firmed on Saturday I'm so excited. So glad it's all sorted and all I need to do is the skills test so excited. When was your interview x

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Yeah I think they can do that. I guess if you didn't accept them straight away they could argue you weren't intending them to be your first choice. It's just because in previous years you've had to order choices but we didn't need to this year so they are giving out more places than they have x
    this is worrying as I have my final interview in 2 weeks time!!!!!!!!! which will be 3 weeks after the initial offer!!!

ReputationRep:
    What!!!! i thought once you had an offer you were guaranteed an offer until 10 days after your final decision - I don't think they can take them away...??
    On my offer letter it says they would like you to accept it as soon as possible but you are under no obligation to do so until the UCAS deadline...?

ReputationRep:
    I am going to phone UCAS/offering uni tomorrow morning......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not certain but obviously oeople will have their interviews at different times so will accept at different times. If people accept places before you and the uni runs out of places what can they do. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smartypantsj)
    I am going to phone UCAS/offering uni tomorrow morning......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would love to hear the outcome of this

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...im currently waiting for a response from a university in apply 2...does anybody know thag...if you get an interview...how soon it could be from finding out? Cos i assume cos its apply 2..you may not have as much time from receiving a letter to your interview...

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else going to be doing Primary PGCE at mmu?

ReputationRep:
    No but I only firmed on Saturday I'm so excited. So glad it's all sorted and all I need to do is the skills test so excited. When was your interview x
    I firmed a good few weeks ago! My interview was on the 14th January, when was yours? I have done my skills test but haven't graduated yet so have a condition of obtaining at least a 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Hey guys...im currently waiting for a response from a university in apply 2...does anybody know thag...if you get an interview...how soon it could be from finding out? Cos i assume cos its apply 2..you may not have as much time from receiving a letter to your interview...
    I am in apply 2 and had over 2 weeks before my interview, but it depends on the university and how many people they like to interview as well.

ReputationRep:
    Worcester interview didn't go fantastically. I fought my corner, but the head interviewer didn't like that I had little formal experience. Which begs the question, why interview me? But ah well. I'd rather get it over and done with and be rejected by all three now to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me their impression on the audit that this school has sent me? You have to grade the first column from 1-5 based on competency, I understand that. But the remaining columns say both 'grade' and 'discuss' - am I supposed to be giving full answers here? Just the number score? Bullet point responses? Some of the answers will surely be incredibly short, with not that much to say considering there are about 8 of these pages (!!! they only sent this to me on Sunday... interview is on Thursday. -_-) whilst others could be really long. Anyone have their interpretation of what exactly is expected? I'm sure I'll just end up grading each one and adding a sentence or two where I can... hmm. =/

Name:  auditpic.png
Views: 121
Size:  16.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    I am in apply 2 and had over 2 weeks before my interview, but it depends on the university and how many people they like to interview as well.
    Ooooo thank youu the uni im waiting for is derby...so hopefully i get enough time to sort out days off work if i need one!!hopefully your interview went well!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ1993)
    Worcester interview didn't go fantastically. I fought my corner, but the head interviewer didn't like that I had little formal experience. Which begs the question, why interview me? But ah well. I'd rather get it over and done with and be rejected by all three now to be honest.
    Well you got an interview in the first place so they can't have been that upset with your lack of experience or you would have got a straight rejection. Do you have the minimum of two weeks? If you did well on the rest of the interview day then you've got every chance of getting a place...it just might be conditional on you getting more experience before the start of the PGCE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Ooooo thank youu the uni im waiting for is derby...so hopefully i get enough time to sort out days off work if i need one!!hopefully your interview went well!!
    Hi, I'm still waiting in apply 1 for Derby! I did send my application lateish though (3rd January).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowworld)
    What!!!! i thought once you had an offer you were guaranteed an offer until 10 days after your final decision - I don't think they can take them away...??
    On my offer letter it says they would like you to accept it as soon as possible but you are under no obligation to do so until the UCAS deadline...?
    Once the offer is on track, it can't be taken away! You have until all your 3 unis reply, then 10 days from them x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyglowe)
    Hi, I'm still waiting in apply 1 for Derby! I did send my application lateish though (3rd January).
    Aaaaah well hopefully they respond sooonish haha..cos in apply 2 its one at a time...so if they take a while then im missing opportunities to apply somewhere that will be quicker haha

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.