Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    Barclays legal work experience - anyone heard?
    Nothing yet, tomorrow is the latest that they will notify successful applicants.

ReputationRep:
    still heard nothing either

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from veale Wasborough vizarsds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, I wonder when they will get back to us, its been a few weeks right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Not yet, I wonder when they will get back to us, its been a few weeks right?
    Are you referring to veale? If so yeah the deadline was the end of last month

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any experience interviewing with Gibson Dunn and can share what the process is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dierks)
    Are you referring to veale? If so yeah the deadline was the end of last month

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I am! I applied for the vac scheme and TC together- I wonder when we will hear, surely not too much longer....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.o)
    Has anyone had any experience interviewing with Gibson Dunn and can share what the process is like?
    Have they sent you a time slot yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Yes, I am! I applied for the vac scheme and TC together- I wonder when we will hear, surely not too much longer....
    Also waiting on VWV... They're certainly taking their time, but it can't be much longer. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice on video interviews? I've got to complete on for my BLP Brand Manager application, and I genuinely have no idea how to impress tbh. Would have much preferred a phone interview, or even a proper Skype interview, but ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Does anyone have any advice on video interviews? I've got to complete on for my BLP Brand Manager application, and I genuinely have no idea how to impress tbh. Would have much preferred a phone interview, or even a proper Skype interview, but ah well.
    In terms of preparation, I would do exactly the same as if it were face-to-face. Before you start the interview, you should be able to test your camera/microphone (if not should be able to do it on your webcam programme). Before mine I just recorded myself saying a few sentences just to see how it sounded/looked and adjusted accordingly. Also check your background and what is in the camera view!

Finally, in your interview try and look into the camera to make 'eye contact' rather than look at yourself in the little box that appears. You should be told how long you have to answer each question, keep an eye on the timer when you are providing your answers. I wore a suit when I did mine too! Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VS2015TC2017)
    Have they sent you a time slot yet?
    They never got back to me about a time slot, despite inviting me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    In terms of preparation, I would do exactly the same as if it were face-to-face. Before you start the interview, you should be able to test your camera/microphone (if not should be able to do it on your webcam programme). Before mine I just recorded myself saying a few sentences just to see how it sounded/looked and adjusted accordingly. Also check your background and what is in the camera view!

Finally, in your interview try and look into the camera to make 'eye contact' rather than look at yourself in the little box that appears. You should be told how long you have to answer each question, keep an eye on the timer when you are providing your answers. I wore a suit when I did mine too! Best of luck!
    Cheers for the advice! I just find the whole idea of talking into a webcam with no on there so awkward haha. Sure it'll be okay though, I mean everyone is going to be in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything from Barclays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ireneebeenie)
    anyone heard anything from Barclays?
    No! Guess it's rejection

ReputationRep:
    No! Guess it's rejection
    I guess so haha. Ah well

ReputationRep:
    I guess so haha. Ah well
    Although no one seems to have heard, maybe they haven't let anyone no?

ReputationRep:
    Although no one seems to have heard, maybe they haven't let anyone no?
    I also haven't heard, I'm presuming its a rejection to be honest though. However, nobody from my university (that I know) has heard back either, so I suppose there's always a chance they've missed their own deadline, but this seems unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    I also haven't heard, I'm presuming its a rejection to be honest though. However, nobody from my university (that I know) has heard back either, so I suppose there's always a chance they've missed their own deadline, but this seems unlikely.
    Guess we just sit tight till 5pm

ReputationRep:
    Guess we just sit tight till 5pm
    Would seem so haha.

Also, quick question. Have you ever been successful in your applications through Aspiring Solicitors? About 90% of the applications I've sent off externally have been successful, but with AS I've never received positive news.

Just trying to decide if AS schemes are just extremely competitive, or if I'm potentially not 'diverse' enough, meaning I shouldn't bother in the future.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.