Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    :hugs: I really hope they find an alternative for you
    Thank you. :hugs: They wont though, it's meds related (again!) and they're promising me 4-6 weeks. :cry2: But that's what I was promised last time and it turned into 7 months. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    ugh, im panicing for like the second time today

ReputationRep:
    I'm so bad at remembering names now-a-days :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Something doesn't feel right. Feel weird. In the past I know this is the feeling I get before I get ill. I don't know if that's the case this time but somethings not right. Feel like something is controlling me. My psych said yesterday I need to cut down on my stress levels or I will get ill again and will end up in hospital. I'm trying my best to stay relaxed but I have too much to do and it's so hard to do things when I feel all weird and on edge.
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    I cant go to guides as i know im going to get followed and something bads going to happen. I dont know what to do or how to tell them as i dont want to make them worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Thank you. :hugs: They wont though, it's meds related (again!) and they're promising me 4-6 weeks. :cry2: But that's what I was promised last time and it turned into 7 months. :cry2:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    ugh, im panicing for like the second time today
    :grouphugs: to all of you

(Original post by IDukem)
    I'm so bad at remembering names now-a-days :lol:
    I've always been terrible, but I swear recently it's got even worse! How's uni going?

------------------
    Does this help anyone? I know I tend to get the two together but I don't know if that's true for anyone else There's some good advice on there anyway! http://www.asthma.org.uk/knowledge-b...ss-and-anxiety

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    x
    See above possibly Hope you're ok :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)

I've always been terrible, but I swear recently it's got even worse! How's uni going?
    What's happened to our memory bank!? Hahaaaa, like seriously! I've met many people and can only remember two names Not good Duke not good :lol: It's going well right now! It's been quite fun meeting and talking to random people. But I won't full judge until assignments and shizz gets thrown my way

How are you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    :hugs:

I think a lot of the time I am. Its not fair on everybody else unless I stay away. I'm not saying that to be melodramatic. But I always leave people not knowing what to say, so they tend to say nothing which I think is damaging to both parties. :sadnod:
    :hugs:.
    I am always really bad for not knowing what to say.
    It's the same with everything. Even when my friends stepdad got cancer I didn't really know what to say.
    But I still try to be there for people.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What's happened to our memory bank!? Hahaaaa, like seriously! I've met many people and can only remember two names Not good Duke not good :lol: It's going well right now! It's been quite fun meeting and talking to random people. But I won't full judge until assignments and shizz gets thrown my way

How are you? :hugs:
    I think it disappeared somewhere- my memory is awful, I took the washing outside earlier and just left it on the grass, completely forgot I hadn't actually put it out until mum came home and told me off! is it isn't the first time I've done that either :facepalm: Cool! Even though it'd terrify me Yeahhh, that could be a good idea What course are you doing, is it something education related or am I making that up?

I'm alrightish, had a pretty crap couple of weeks with various things and today's been awful, but seem to be a bit better/kind of hyper tonight which is always fun :lol: Got a funeral tomorrow though which I'm not looking forward too, plus because of where it is will be out of the house from 9-8ish and I don't actually think I can manage that at the minute but don't want to let everyone down
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Hi everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Hi everyone
    Hi :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :grouphugs: to all of you

------------------
    Does this help anyone? I know I tend to get the two together but I don't know if that's true for anyone else There's some good advice on there anyway! http://www.asthma.org.uk/knowledge-b...ss-and-anxiety

See above possibly Hope you're ok :hugs:
    Thanks so much for the info... that's really interesting actually. Am going to favourite it How are you? :hugs:

Hi everyone
    :hi:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Hi :hugs:
    :hi:
    How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone?
    Not great. Yourself?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Not great. Yourself?
    :console:
    Alright for once, I managed to more or less get on top of my hwk so my anxiety has died down a bit

ReputationRep:
    I think it disappeared somewhere- my memory is awful, I took the washing outside earlier and just left it on the grass, completely forgot I hadn't actually put it out until mum came home and told me off! is it isn't the first time I've done that either :facepalm: Cool! Even though it'd terrify me Yeahhh, that could be a good idea What course are you doing, is it something education related or am I making that up?

I'm alrightish, had a pretty crap couple of weeks with various things and today's been awful, but seem to be a bit better/kind of hyper tonight which is always fun :lol: Got a funeral tomorrow though which I'm not looking forward too, plus because of where it is will be out of the house from 9-8ish and I don't actually think I can manage that at the minute but don't want to let everyone down
    Hahaaaaaa bless you! I have put the washing outside and it rained and I forgot that there was washing out and elf tit there a few times I haven't spoken to loads, but a fair amount! It was mostly due to having to talk rather voluntarily Yeah I'm doing education so you're not making it up

Awww nooo, I hope you're all right now :hugs: Being hyper can be a load of fun at times :teehee: I doubt you'd let people down :no: I haven't been to a few funerals because I'd get too emotional and no one complained at me

ReputationRep:
    Alright for once, I managed to more or less get on top of my hwk so my anxiety has died down a bit
    YAY! I love that feeling!

I have been better... but also a lot worse

ReputationRep:
    glad to hear it
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    YAY! I love that feeling!

I have been better... but also a lot worse
    Hopefully it'll last more than a day this time..!

Well that's always good :yes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks so much for the info... that's really interesting actually. Am going to favourite it How are you? :hugs:
    They quite often put things like that on their facebook page, can be quite interesting! I'm variable but ok at the minute (and hyper as I just said to IDukem ) which is good You?

Hahaaaaaa bless you! I have put the washing outside and it rained and I forgot that there was washing out and elf tit there a few times I haven't spoken to loads, but a fair amount! It was mostly due to having to talk rather voluntarily Yeah I'm doing education so you're not making it up

Awww nooo, I hope you're all right now :hugs: Being hyper can be a load of fun at times :teehee: I doubt you'd let people down :no: I haven't been to a few funerals because I'd get too emotional and no one complained at me
    Yeah, do that too, I never notice :getmecoat: Did you really mean elf tit though? :lol: Well done! Yeah but you still did it :yep: Any particular education or just general?

It can be, it's also realllly bad the next day though if I've been too hyper the day before :sadnod: I would though, I didn't know the person that well but the whole extended family are there except my cousins and sister and we're doing other stuff while we're in the area too, they're talking about going to the pub afterwards now too which will make it even more awkward and long My dad said that if I'm too ill (physical, they don't know about mental ) I don't have to go but everyone will be annoyed/upset if I don't and be asking me about it for months so I kind of have to :hide:

Sorry, bit of a rant there

(Original post by Meaty_man)
    My my it's busy in here today :v

You may of already been told this, but CBT requires a lot of input and effort from your side, effectively they will give you the tools to help yourself, but you still need to use those tools, or you won't see any progress.

I've been through CBT with various therapists before, each with their own take on it. Something i'd recommend doing is putting into practice what you have learnt while you are feeling in a good mood, if you practice things when you feel good, it will be much easier to do when you're feeling really down. I say this because i know it can be very difficult to apply CBT stuff when you're feeling really low.

It isn't for everyone, but i do believe everyone can take something away from CBT, be it coping strategies or exercises that help you to cope. It also gives you a lot of knowledge into the whys and hows of depression, and when we understand something better it's never quite as scary. Best of luck to you with it!

I have days where i feel really disconnected, even moreso than normal :| :hugs: Easier said than done but try not to think too much about it :console: I would write down pretty much everything, people in that line of work are generally nice people and won't care for how little or much much you want to disclose to them. Besides, even if some things aren't in their field of expertise, they may be able to sort something out for you, or give some sort of advice.

It's a shame that it has to be done, but pestering people and chasing them up gets things done from my experience. Have you emailed them again or given them a phonecall? :penguinhug:

Keeping yourself busy is always healthy imo If nothing else you should sleep easily when night time comes around

I'm certain other people will not be bothered as much as you are about it, we are all attractive in some ways; a nice bum, legs, eyes, personality, body shape, voice, eyes. There's a long list or things trust me Most of us have things we dislike about our appearance, i have quite a few myself :getmecoat: focus on improving what's good about you, instead of the things you don't like
    Yeah it took my mind off being sad I guess :/ I signed up to join my uni's lgbt+ society at the freshers fair, but they do joint events with the one from Aberdeen Uni, and I know Ashley is part of that and I'm not ready to see her, I wouldn't know what to do

Aww shush, you, you're a cutie

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, the above anon was me :unimpressed:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.