Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Do you think edexcel will release grade boundaries at midnight today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    Do you think edexcel will release grade boundaries at midnight today?
    Last year, if my memory serves, it was slightly before midnight. Edexcel usually do yes.

ReputationRep:
    Forgive me for being extremely stupid but im panicking and having a mind blank. Ive completely forgotten how far the AS grades count towards A2? Im doing english language, english lit and history. In my AS levels I got BBC respectively.

Thanks my mind is all over the place. Found A Levels really difficult and i just want to get results day over with.

ReputationRep:
    is there any way to see AQA mark schemes tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid1234)
    is there any way to see AQA mark schemes tomorrow?
    only if someone leaks them. we shouldn't even have the official edexcel mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isobelhayes)
    Forgive me for being extremely stupid but im panicking and having a mind blank. Ive completely forgotten how far the AS grades count towards A2? Im doing english language, english lit and history. In my AS levels I got BBC respectively.

Thanks my mind is all over the place. Found A Levels really difficult and i just want to get results day over with.
    I think it's 50/50 between AS and A2?

ReputationRep:
    Someone leak ocr mark schemes xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Results day is so close: I can almost smell the envelope...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    If you meet AND exceed your offer. If you just meet your firm offer then you aren't eligible.

LSE don't take part in adjustment.

Durham might - but be aware they've treated clearing applicants like **** for a number of years and seem to struggle to understand how clearing or adjustment works (so given you get 5 days in total to sort out an adjustment place they might not be the best option).
    Do you have any source to support the claim about Durham?

I just thought it was a good idea but if what you are saying is true I will just stick with my firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoex101)
    Someone leak ocr mark schemes xxxx
    Surely you can't remember what you did in the exam???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isobelhayes)

(Original post by elen90)
    I think it's 50/50 between AS and A2?
    For all subjects the UMS you get from AS and A2 are added up together.

For 4-units subjects (usually humanities) if you get 280/400 UMS overall (AS+A2) then it's a B; if you get 320/400 UMS overall then that's an A. BUT for an A*, you'll need to get an A overall (i.e. 320/400 across AS and A2 together) with an A* across your A2 units i.e. for your A2 you'll need at least 180/200 UMS - so minimum UMS for an A* would be 320/400 in which at least 180 of it must come from your A2 units.

For 6-units subjects (usually sciences, but I'm not sure about maths (I suppose it's a bit different?)), if you get 420/600 UMS overall (AS+A2) then you'll get a B; 480/600 for an A overall. Then for an A*, you'll again need an A* across your A2 units i.e. 270/300 UMS in addition to an A overall across your AS and A2 together - so again min. UMS for an A* is 480/600 with at least 270 of which coming from your A2 units.

(Hopefully I've done the maths right. I'll edit if I've spotted any mistakes. But this is the general idea. Also I'm talking about the old spec here just to clarify...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)

For 4-units subjects (usually humanities) if you get 280/400 UMS overall (AS+A2) then it's a B; if you get 320/400 UMS overall then that's an A. BUT for an A*, you'll need to get an A overall (i.e. 320/400 across AS and A2 together) with an A* across your A2 units i.e. for your A2 you'll need at least 180/200 UMS - so minimum UMS for an A* would be 320/400 in which at least 180 of it must come from your A2 units.

For 6-units subjects (usually sciences, but I'm not sure about maths (I suppose it's a bit different?)), if you get 420/600 UMS overall (AS+A2) then you'll get a B; 480/600 for an A overall. Then for an A*, you'll again need an A* across your A2 units i.e. 270/300 UMS in addition to an A overall across your AS and A2 together - so again min. UMS for an A* is 480/600 with at least 270 of which coming from your A2 units.

(Hopefully I've done the maths right. I'll edit if I've spotted any mistakes. But this is the general idea.)
    Thank you very much for clearing this up for me very much appreciated. And now we wait....

ReputationRep:

(Hopefully I've done the maths right. I'll edit if I've spotted any mistakes. But this is the general idea. Also I'm talking about the old spec here just to clarify...)
    I honestly can't remember what I got in terms of UMS last year, and I don't have the letter unfortunately. If I got two marks off of an A in one subject then this year I'm looking at getting a high A will that balance out to an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    Do you have any source to support the claim about Durham?

I just thought it was a good idea but if what you are saying is true I will just stick with my firm.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2429802 (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7&postcount=88 for where they went from incompetent (different answers to different applicants about when they'd find out and lots of delays and no communication) to negligent) was in 2013 (the first year they were in clearing). The picture was similar in 2014. Last year they seemed to have sorted out the issues around clearing applicants but messed around their near miss firm and insurance applicants instead (we had an applicant on TSR who waited 10 days after results to find out if he was accepted with 1 grade below their offer) and they introduced a bargain bin scheme for rejected applicants this year to force them into courses that couldn't recruit (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...rimary_content ) which is likely to re-emerge in confirmation and clearing)

They're fine as a university - but they don't appear to act in the best interests of applicants during August and I would be very careful to take names, job titles and follow up in writing if you're considering dealing with them for adjustment or clearing this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Waiting for Edexcel Unit 4 which was just as bad!
    Edexcel unit 4 was the worst think it may have cost me my a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Maths is still 480/600 for an A, but for an A* but you only need 90% across C3 and C4, not all three A2 modules. Also worth noting that if you do Further Maths the exam board swap around your option modules to first maximise your Maths score and then your Further Maths score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    I honestly can't remember what I got in terms of UMS last year, and I don't have the letter unfortunately. If I got two marks off of an A in one subject then this year I'm looking at getting a high A will that balance out to an A overall?
    *80% UMS Overall
    *90% UMS Overall for the A2 units

(Note: You do not need to score 90% on each A2 unit. Instead, you need to AVERAGE 90% across all the A2 units)

You can't get an A* at AS and you don't get it for getting 90% overall. Only the A2 units count towards an A* meaning even if you get 100% in your AS units, if you get 89% in your A2 units you won't get an A*.

For Maths you need to get 90% AVERAGE in C3 and C4 and not 3 A2 units like the others. The 80% overall still stands.

Technically it's possible to get a C at AS and an A* overall because if you get full marks in your A2s you'll have over 90% ums from A2 units, and you'd have 80% over all your units. Though thats very difficult obv, its still not impossible :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    Maths is still 480/600 for an A, but for an A* but you only need 90% across C3 and C4, not all three A2 modules. Also worth noting that if you do Further Maths the exam board swap around your option modules to first maximise your Maths score and then your Further Maths score.
    Great thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    Yes. It's pretty much all about UMS adding up together rather than individual units. So yeah like what z33 said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    I have just found out if we meet or exceed our University requirements we can use adjustment to apply for other Unis 😱😱😱😱

This is amazing !!!! Anyone know how successful this process will be ? Would love to apply for Durham or LSE if I get AAA/B
    Can't lie LSE don't do adjustment

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.