Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dollarLSE)
    Management Science Offer 16 Jan
    Unconditional
    A levels A Maths A Fmaths A Economics B Physics
    GCSE: 8A* 1B (eng lit)
    Oh great... so 2 people so far received an offer for Management Sciences and I didn't... well today I guess I'll get a reply...

congrats btw! when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I have a question How many % do you have to have to get an A on your A-levels or GCSEs?

I've passed a polish exam instead of GCSEs.
    got:
    82% from I guess you can call it humanities(in was a test combining literature, history, civic education)
    90% from the part which included maths, chemistry, physics, geography and biology

so an overall of 86%, is it an A?

ReputationRep:
    People who haven't received any news, my calculations

60% chance of getting rejected today however if you don't then
    64.4% chance of getting an offer next week but if you don't then
    68.8% chance of getting rejected the following week.

This pattern will continue every week with an increase of 4.4% each time. Until it reaches 31 March when the percentage should equal 100%.

This is just me putting some calculations into it. Might not be right but you, at least I tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)

This pattern will continue every week with an increase of 4.4% each time. Until it reaches 31 March when the percentage should equal 100%.

This is just me putting some calculations into it. Might not be right but you, at least I tried.
    How exactly did you work this out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanny123456)
    How exactly did you work this out?
    Well we know the percentage is going to get higher as the week goes on now until March 31 where all decisions have to be made. Because its quite late now I took 60% as the base percentage and divided the remaining 40% by how many weeks are left (9) giving an increase of 4.4444 % each week.

ReputationRep:

Absolute ******** mate sorry. I mean I know there's alot of speculation on here but noone has ever attempted to calculate the percentages of getting accepted/rejected. And those figure are basically crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milch)
    Absolute ******** mate sorry. I mean I know there's alot of speculation on here but noone has ever attempted to calculate the percentages of getting accepted/rejected. And those figure are basically crap.
    Well as I said, its only my view.

ReputationRep:
    rejections today!

ReputationRep:

well, you didn't take into account that LSE could just suddenly surprise everyone and give out offers today and rejections next week. Or they could suddenly give out offers and rejections.

btw, i think this is a proof for how mad UCAS makes us...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cathinka)
    well, you didn't take into account that LSE could just suddenly surprise everyone and give out offers today and rejections next week. Or they could suddenly give out offers and rejections.

btw, i think this is a proof for how mad UCAS makes us...
    Obviously that could happen but i'm just basing it on whats happened last year and so far.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously that could happen but i'm just basing it on whats happened last year and so far.
    another problem is: you always add the same probability for being rejected as well as getting an offer: but we don't know how many ppl are left, maybe there is a huuuge amount of applications left, then of course the probability to get rejected is higher...

(sorry for critizising your attempt, but i think life is often too complicated to use maths for it...)

ReputationRep:
    another problem is: you always add the same probability for being rejected as well as getting an offer: but we don't know how many ppl are left, maybe there is a huuuge amount of applications left, then of course the probability to get rejected is higher...

(sorry for critizising your attempt, but i think life is often too complicated to use maths for it...)
    Maybe yes but I think numbers are likely to be equal around this stage since people who are definitively not good enough for LSE are rejected straight away.

ReputationRep:

It's possible to calculate it mathematically but we just don't have the data for it... And even then it'd be too complex to even bother especially as we can't do anything to change the probabilities

So no news so far today?

ReputationRep:
    no news?? unbelievable! sighs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melrose25)
    no news?? unbelievable! sighs
    why its not 12 yet

ReputationRep:
    news doesn't usually arrive till around 12pm'ish on both offer and rejection days. as soon as the first offer/rejection is posted on here we'll know if it is an offer/rejection day as LSE don't usually do both on the same day.

sitting in a double free in school and time's ticking towards that 12pm...trying to do work but i'm so nervous that productivity is non-existent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkanoot)
    news doesn't usually arrive till around 12pm'ish on both offer and rejection days. as soon as the first offer/rejection is posted on here we'll know if it is an offer/rejection day as LSE don't usually do both on the same day.

sitting in a double free in school and time's ticking towards that 12pm...trying to do work but i'm so nervous that productivity is non-existent...
    Well it should be a rejection day. I don't think its ever occurred where LSE gave out offers for 2 weeks or rejections for 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    but i want to get an offer today!!! I hate waiting for offers/rejections. last year i had to wait till march, dont want this to happen again!

ReputationRep:
    why its not 12 yet
    My bad sorry, I don't live in England. Thought it was 12 pm already hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Maybe yes but I think numbers are likely to be equal around this stage since people who are definitively not good enough for LSE are rejected straight away.
    'Beef eater' deserves credit for trying. Do not dismiss his predictions if you do not have a better one to replace it.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.