Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Cardiff?
    Llanelli yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08boothc)
    did anyone else find the aqa english lit poetry exam really hard or was it just me?
    Some people I spoke to found it tough. I had the entire day to prepare, as I went into school too early by mistake. Luckily, it gave me time to practice the comparison question. Even better than that, the poems I'd compared 30 minutes earlier came up in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Cardiff?
    It's where Sam from big brothers from,
    Next to Swansea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else find the aqa english lit poetry exam really hard or was it just me?
    Well I decided to only revise 2 poems and luckily they came up in the exam so that was good I thought the unseen poem was ok, I guess it could've been worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    lucky you get to go in so early
    I know!

ReputationRep:
    I'm only collecting my Biology1, Physics1 and Maths3 exam results cuz i'm in year 10...but i'm still so nervous! Turn 15 on the 28th, so I better get good grades for a good birthday!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    1 day 16 hours 20 minutes

Who else is collecting theirs at 10am?
    10:30 for me, sadly. And probably 10:40, actually, once I factor in the fact that the bus only arrives at school at 10:37 and it'll take me a few minutes to walk from the stop to my school's Sixth Form centre. I don't like this wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holliemay)
    Well I decided to only revise 2 poems and luckily they came up in the exam so that was good I thought the unseen poem was ok, I guess it could've been worse.
    Yeah the unseen poem was okay there was a lot to write about, I just thought that Born Yesterday didn't compare with anything, so i did the other one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    1 day 16 hours 20 minutes

Who else is collecting theirs at 10am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm collecting my results at the same time

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the unseen poem was okay there was a lot to write about, I just thought that Born Yesterday didn't compare with anything, so i did the other one!
    did you do aqa?

ReputationRep:
    AQA GCSE Sociology anyone?

I will find someone on this thread before results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    did you do aqa?
    Yeah i did on the relationships section

ReputationRep:
    CONFIRMED

Aqa, Edexcel and OCR will release their grade boundaries at 06:00 (GMT) tomorrow (Aug 21).

Refresh the following pages tomorrow morning, scroll down to see GCSE and then June 2013- click:

AQA: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...ade-boundaries

EDEXCEL: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages...oundaries.aspx

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    anyone feels that once the grade boundaries are out they will be able to know their grades- well a rough estimate at least if not accurate ???
    PLEASE do not do this ! i remember last year at GCSE Results Day , i did this and i walked into results day expecting around 9 A*'s , but i ended up with 3A*'s and 6A's.

that wasn't a bad result , however by trying to do what you are saying you are only setting yourself up for disappointment when really you should be proud of what you achieve ( unless you get a U in which case your a retard )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    Llanelli yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Basket case)
    It's where Sam from big brothers from,
    Next to Swansea

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't watch BB

But I know someone else on TSR from Llanelli

Cardiff"yep:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do double award leisure and tourism with edexcel? How did you find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    PLEASE do not do this ! i remember last year at GCSE Results Day , i did this and i walked into results day expecting around 9 A*'s , but i ended up with 3A*'s and 6A's.

that wasn't a bad result , however by trying to do what you are saying you are only setting yourself up for disappointment when really you should be proud of what you achieve ( unless you get a U in which case your a retard )
    LOL I asked for a simple answer. Yes or no.. u gave me a composition and people are different btw.. i wouldn't be disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caribbeantwist)
    Yes my main problem was that I got better than I expected at GCSE, then when I started my AS I wasn't doing so well just because its a lot different and I got really stressed and worried but once you ge used to it then its fine!

Ooh! Also start revising really erly for your AS exams like feb/march especially cos there isn't any January exams so all your modules will be in summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh thanks I was kind of worried about starting As and with the January exams too. Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    CONFIRMED

Aqa, Edexcel and OCR will release their grade boundaries at 06:00 (GMT) tomorrow (Aug 21).

Refresh the following pages tomorrow morning, scroll down to see GCSE and then June 2013- click:

Good Luck!
    is it confirmed for IGCSE??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    CONFIRMED

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the info

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.