Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Cov should have scored at least 3 goals before Peterborough scored. They were wasteful and Alnwick was impressive. I thought Murphy was brilliant, his pace making chances but the defending was so poor.

ReputationRep:
    2 great games on TV, as Wigan blitzed Swindon with 3 goals in 4 minutes.

Hope this continues with the games tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Saw some good TV games today

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to the latest shower of **** given a confidence boost, Peterborough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Christ. Wigan were on fire last night. Just seen some of the goals.

Coventry were absolutely woeful at London Road. Squandered chance after chance, and were undone by dreadful defending at the other end.

Colchester...what a win for them. Some fantastic strikes during their 4-1 victory.

ReputationRep:
    Accrington beat us 1-0 so we have to beat York now to hope for a good standing for playoff, winning ugly i dont care

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to the bank holiday monday games??

Im travelling down to Barnet along with 1800 hatters to watch our march towards the playoffs!

ReputationRep:
    Just spent a freezing evening watching the worst defence in the league be barely tested for 90 minutes. This is getting ridiculous and Mowbray had better work out what's going on ahead of next season.

Pathetic stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't understand Coventry, they looked unstoppable at the start of the season. Scunthorpe had the result of the Easter Weekend winning 6.0 over Swindon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Season over for Coventry.

But, Swindon are plummeting like a stone too. Ten goals conceded in two matches since Good Friday. Christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Don't understand Coventry, they looked unstoppable at the start of the season. Scunthorpe had the result of the Easter Weekend winning 6.0 over Swindon.
    Epic choking. What would I give for one good season. Just ****ing one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of Bradfords play off push ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of Bradfords push into the play offs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Coventry's free fall, i would postulate that it was caused by the January signings. All on high wages for the standard of football (and thus unsettled the dressing room). I think Leyton Orient tried out a few high - profile signings the year before, after they failed to win the playoffs. Where did that take them? (Granted, their new management structure didn't help either)

ReputationRep:
    Barnet are mathematically safe. Yoppee!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Coventry's free fall, i would postulate that it was caused by the January signings. All on high wages for the standard of football (and thus unsettled the dressing room).
    Peter Ramage is no longer there, Joe Cole had already been there since September, but you can probably level that accusation on a couple of them (Stephen Hunt mainly).

I think the issue is the lack of commitment. James Maddison and Jacob Murphy are heading to Norwich in the city, Adam Armstrong will be back at Newcastle with Gael Bigirimana, Joe Cole seems destined for the MLS and has reportedly agreed a deal with Tampa Bay Rowdies, and John Fleck has revealed he's moving back to Scotland on a free.

With them all leaving, it's no surprise there's a lack of commitment. Do they really care whether they get promoted or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Peter Ramage is no longer there, Joe Cole had already been there since September, but you can probably level that accusation on a couple of them (Stephen Hunt mainly).

I think the issue is the lack of commitment. James Maddison and Jacob Murphy are heading to Norwich in the city, Adam Armstrong will be back at Newcastle with Gael Bigirimana, Joe Cole seems destined for the MLS and has reportedly agreed a deal with Tampa Bay Rowdies, and John Fleck has revealed he's moving back to Scotland on a free.

With them all leaving, it's no surprise there's a lack of commitment. Do they really care whether they get promoted or not?
    It's a resounding 'no' based on performances and the terrible excuse for a penalty taken by Murphy. They were booed off when they came over to the fans, and rightly so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Seems likely that the top two in League One will be Burton and Wigan, with the play-offs consisting of four from Gillingham, Walsall, Milwall, Bradford and Barnsley.

ReputationRep:
    I never intended to make the long trip to Morecambe from Barnet even before we were mathematically safe. Seems as if the team has only travelled there in body so far.

ReputationRep:
    @ Gillingham:

'How :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: must you be, we're drawing away.'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.