Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Would seem so haha.

Also, quick question. Have you ever been successful in your applications through Aspiring Solicitors? About 90% of the applications I've sent off externally have been successful, but with AS I've never received positive news.

Just trying to decide if AS schemes are just extremely competitive, or if I'm potentially not 'diverse' enough, meaning I shouldn't bother in the future.
    Come to think of it I have also been unsuccessful with AS stuff in the past. I think AS must have their own way of doing things with applications etc

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Eversheds this week re summer VS face to face interview outcomes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Would seem so haha.

Also, quick question. Have you ever been successful in your applications through Aspiring Solicitors? About 90% of the applications I've sent off externally have been successful, but with AS I've never received positive news.

Just trying to decide if AS schemes are just extremely competitive, or if I'm potentially not 'diverse' enough, meaning I shouldn't bother in the future.
    I understand that Aspiring Solicitors receive a very high number of applications for the events that they hold. The Bircham Dyson Bell event that I attended recently had over 200 applications and only 15 of us were selected to attend the event. I'm not sure what their selection criteria is; I don't come from a diverse or unusual background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    They never got back to me about a time slot, despite inviting me...
    Looks like we won't hear until at least next week... And it's already May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VS2015TC2017)
    Looks like we won't hear until at least next week... And it's already May

Considering that it is May, I reckon that they know that anyone actively waiting on them will still be interested even with a few weeks notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)

Considering that it is May, I reckon that they know that anyone actively waiting on them will still be interested even with a few weeks notice.
    I can't understand why they've delayed it so long, they can't even be that inundated with applicants. Not the end of the world for me if they don't get back to me, but it would be nice to have some closure to all my applications.

ReputationRep:
    Telephone Interview with Browne Jacobson on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, if anyone reading this has actually received an invite to the Barclays legal work experience week telephone interview please let me/us know. Fine with being rejected but just want some closure and no one who has already posted seems to have been successful. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriennbrigden)
    Telephone Interview with Browne Jacobson on Tuesday.
    Let me know what date the assessment centre is please when you have your interview.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Let me know what date the assessment centre is please when you have your interview.

Good luck!
    It is 8th May. They told me when they rang me. If I do get through to it I will be having a brilliant birthday haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriennbrigden)
    It is 8th May. They told me when they rang me. If I do get through to it I will be having a brilliant birthday haha.
    Oh wow, that's very short notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bermudas)
    Has anyone heard from Eversheds this week re summer VS face to face interview outcomes?
    I heard back with a pfo for the vac scheme but they invited me for a training contract assessment day.

ReputationRep:
    anyone still waiting on mishcon? haha this is ridiculous it's may

ReputationRep:
    Has anyway heard ANYTHING from bevan Brittan? Submitted my application in January and heard nothing. Also still waiting on hill Dickinson and weightmans

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Barclays or Fox Williams??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellaghost)
    Fox Williams said they'd let people know beginning of May so hopefully this week or the next.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    anyone still waiting on mishcon? haha this is ridiculous it's may
    Still nothing... I'm praying for a response this week, it's been such a long time now!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing from Barclays, assuming it's a silent PFO.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone who has heard from Barclays so I'm hoping that they are late with responding..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    Nothing from Barclays, assuming it's a silent PFO.
    PFO?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.