Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Coleman failed to close his man twice and was at fault for both goals conceded. Also gifted us with our best opportunity in the first half...
    meant that coleman is what i consider to be a genuinely great offensive fb, whereas debuchy is not good enough going forward to compensate for his defensive lapses

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!!!! It's groovey :') xxxxxx!! I'm back!!!! Did you all miss me? Aha!!!! I missed you all sooo much, but onto pure football talk now ahaha!!! I'M SOO EXCITED FOR THIS SEASON! We're going to do great!! I AM soooo excited for Sanchez hehe, he is a greaaat player aha!!!! And omg I loove Wenger! I want to have his babies, he's such a good manager, he gave us the invincibles!!!! Cant wait to watch us this season, who else is excited? Aha, nice to be back guys, hope no one missed me too much hehe xxxxxxxx xxxx

Oh and haha heres a meme for u guyss xox ♥

Attached Images

• Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/5s.gif

How you coping?

(Original post by Zürich)
    have to say, Debuchy was such a terrible signing. complete liability and not actually good offensively. depressing watching coleman y'day....

monreal is actually ok tho tbh

sick to the back teeth with Santi, despair when he plays

need to get theo back asap as well, big game player and just has that explosiveness
    Are you serious? Praising Monreal and hating Debuchy? He is better than Sagna and has saved us so many times from counters. Agree with Santi though, it is like he has lost the will to live and doesn't want to play football anymore.

(Original post by mhsc)
    Debuchy is no where near Arsenal quality. Maybe I'm being silly, but would he have even been considered if he wasn't French?

You guys need Walcott back, and not just "back" but back as in playing how he was pre injury, which is not guaranteed at all. You got to hope he still has unbelievable pace because if he's lost that its all over for his career.

4 points from two fixtures in which you looked terrible is pretty good really, Everton away is a nightmare for everyone imo. Could be on 1 point right now, if things had just gone slightly differently at the end of those 2 games.
    Yes, he would. It was always between Debuchy and Aurier, both of whom were available, cheap, and showed promise at the World Cup. Aurier went to the higher paying PSG, and we got Debuchy. I am happy with him, he will be good for us.

We all accept that we need Walcott back, but I doubt he will be as good as he was pre-injury.

4 points from two difficult fixtures is 4 more than we would have got last season, and considering we were about 1 minute away in both games from being next to Man Utd in the points table right now, four points is incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Hey guys!!!! It's groovey :') xxxxxx!! I'm back!!!! Did you all miss me? Aha!!!! I missed you all sooo much, but onto pure football talk now ahaha!!! I'M SOO EXCITED FOR THIS SEASON! We're going to do great!! I AM soooo excited for Sanchez hehe, he is a greaaat player aha!!!! And omg I loove Wenger! I want to have his babies, he's such a good manager, he gave us the invincibles!!!! Cant wait to watch us this season, who else is excited? Aha, nice to be back guys, hope no one missed me too much hehe xxxxxxxx xxxx

Here's my thoughts on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

ReputationRep:
    looool at that mishaal vid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

Who helped you write this?

ReputationRep:
    meant that coleman is what i consider to be a genuinely great offensive fb, whereas debuchy is not good enough going forward to compensate for his defensive lapses
    I said the same thing a few days back. He's essentially the white Andre Santos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Rep this man, good folks of the Arsenal thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    And Giroud will score 30 goals this year :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    top lel

ReputationRep:
    if sanchez is at rw, then we can probably carry debuchy. walcott/debuchy will be atrocious though against counter attacking sides. with arteta covering at dm...

wenger has a blind spot when it comes to full backs. obviously santos, monreal eboue but i remember sylvinho, luzhny back in the day as well.

ReputationRep:
    if sanchez is at rw, then we can probably carry debuchy. walcott/debuchy will be atrocious though

wenger has a blind spot when it comes to full backs. obviously santos, monreal eboue but i remember sylvinho, luzhny back in the day as well.
    Sylvinho made up for it with the occassional wonder goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    made up for it with the occassional wonder goal.
    so did Santos! I remember him in the 5-3 at Chelsea. simultaneously the best and worst fb performance ive seen!

nearly sure Keown described Sylvinho as the worst AFC defender hed seen :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    Scored 22 last season. With Alexis and Walcott either side of him I don't see why not. The team is still trying to find their cohesion I reckon we'll storm the league 2nd half of the season

if sanchez is at rw, then we can probably carry debuchy. walcott/debuchy will be atrocious though

I'd like to see Chambers at RB tbh not on a regular basis but he'd balance the right wing imo. It would allow Theo/Alexis to do their thing more often. I get a sense of Ivanovic when watching Chambers

ReputationRep:
    Giroud will score 25 goals this season.

ReputationRep:
    Scored 22 last season. With Alexis and Walcott either side of him I don't see why not. The team is still trying to find their cohesion I reckon we'll storm the league 2nd half of the season

I'd like to see Chambers at RB tbh not on a regular basis but he'd balance the right wing imo. It would allow Theo/Alexis to do their thing more often. I get a sense of Ivanovic when watching Chambers
    spot on, chambers looks better atm. hes smart on the ball as well so he can attack when needed too.

debuchy just seems to get in the way when attacking, and theo/alexis dont need overlaps anyway...

ReputationRep:
    If we want to be considered serious title contenders we need a world class striker (Falcao, Cavani) a strong CDM (Khedira, Carvalho) and a back up CB (Manolas, Reid).

No excuses this season, we have the finances so let's get it done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sameera97)
    Giroud will score 25 goals this season.
    Wasn't it you that posted something like united will win the league and you'll destroy Sunderland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Tbh I liked both Mandzukic and Costa because they are both brutish CF's who can score goals. They are both the type that would not hesitate to leave the elbows on the defender's head to wind them up. That nastiness and compulsion to win every ball. When the opposition team sees them they know we are not messing around. Whereas with Giroud, it's a bit like... "Mate, why have you gone all Miley Cyrus with your hair?". Different world.
    Giroud elbowed John Obi Mikel in the face during the WC, it was glorious to see.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.