Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Salaam all.
    This is my humble contribution.
    No fancy background though, don't know how to make them
    I can't see it so I had to copy image url and view it on another window. It looks cool and unique but "ForEever" should have 1 'e' right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    I can't see it so I had to copy image url and view it on another window. It looks cool and unique but "ForEever" should have 1 'e' right?
    :facepalm:
    Yes you are right, a bit of a typo.
    I will change it.

ReputationRep:
    Those who accuse Muslims of using mental gymnastics often come from the position where they have erroneously tried to understand an already distorted teaching of Islam, preferably from ani-islamic sites with vested interests, or perhaps through a unholistic reading of the Quran or from muslims who did not explain it well or themselves don't know. They then, from either the biased or unholistic understanding, make a judgement on Islam. When they encounter muslims who are surprised at the view of the non-muslim who seems to have distorted views of Islam, they then present the actual and properly informed view. The non-muslim has either to let go of his claim, or accuse the non-muslim of gymnastics.

We fear Allah swt, but for a second do you think we fear him like the innocents feared Saddam, or the Jews feared Hitler? I fear of being kicked out of university, i fear breaking the law, but that is not because the system i live in is corrupt. I fear letting myself down by not using my intellect and senses on working hard, and by abusing the humanity in me by say murdering or raping. Yes, the punishment i.e jail or a career pushed back is painful, but the real fear is of letting myself down by what my own hands earn, and the fear of abusing the very sense of rationality, human intellect, wisdom to not act in a humane and righteous way.

So the fear is abusing my free will and leading my own self to my own destruction, and incurring the pain and consequences of not only abusing my own humanity and incurring painful consequences of my own hand. So in a sense, i fear the punishment of Allah swt not exclusively because it is painful, but because to get punished, i would have to let go of such intrinsic humanity, intellect, reflection, rationality, etc. So i fear incurring a deserved punishment and being exposed to pain because of that.

I fear disobeying the creator of everything, who has blessed me with a brain, senses, understanding. I fear not being obedient to the one worthy of obedience, the one worthy of praise and worship!

A dictator sparks fear because he needs something. Allah swt is free of all need - we are in need of him. A dictator seeks praise and veneration to elevate his status, whereas we praise Allah swt in order to build an awareness, a relationship, and a link to the creator of all things who has no need for our praise or worship.

If i feared Allah swt for any other reason, i would not be reciting 'In the name of Allah swt, the most beneficent the most merciful' several times a day, before any major act, before eating, during prayer etc.

In a way, i am glad atheists find this gymnastics, because they see it as rational and post-adhoc rationalism, too rational to be islamic, and hence levy the accusation of gymnastics.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know how someone can read surah Waqir'ah (chapter 56) and not convert to Islam! SubhanAllah. Highly recommend you to read it. SubhanAllah.

ReputationRep:
    Assume you want to pass university, you want a succesful career. And assume everything is within your control to pass, but you party, you abuse your free will. You then have an impending exam. You feel fear of failing and the consequences, but the biggest fear you have is in not achieving what you intended to achieve - that goal you set in mind because of your own actions and deeds.

That kind of fear, is good fear. It is not fear like that of a dictator, but a fear which can propel you to be successful.

To those who accuse us of redefining fear, you must know that fear itself is not so limited as to be defined in one way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Well I don't know how someone can read surah Waqir'ah (chapter 56) and not convert to Islam! SubhanAllah. Highly recommend you to read it. SubhanAllah.
    Just read it.

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu-alaikum warahmatullah, I pray that you're all in good health and strong imaan

Does anybody know which Scholar said something along the lines of ''We are like an Ant on a big Rug...'' ?

I asked Sheikh Google and couldn't find anything

JazakAllah.

ReputationRep:

A beautiful post I just read:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not once did we see their faces, not once did we hear their voices, but when we read about them, we developed such love for them and there was such beauty in our eyes for them.

Subhan’Allah.

These are the Sahabiyat [Women Companions of The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam].

Ever wondered how they looked? We can only be amazed.

These are such people who embody such amazing definition of “beauty” for they define beauty not by looks but on their worship and love for Allah Azza Wa Jall.

Indeed, whenever we remember or we are reminded by the characteristics of such beautiful women, we can not utter any other word but Subhan’Allah, hoe great was their faith!

It is but true that not one picture of a female companion of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam exist nowadays, but look at how many people love and get inspired by these very women. Allahu’akbar!

They were beautiful yet no lip color was present at their lips, rather such lips were moistened by the remembrance of Allah Azza Wa Jall.

They were beautiful yet no color was present at their eyes, rather such eyes were always pouring tears for being grateful to Allah Azza Wa Jall

They were beautiful yet no brand or attractive colors wrapped their bodies, rather such bodies were covered with the highest level of hayya [modesty].

They were beautiful yet no earrings were present on their ears, rather such ears were only attached to listening to the words of Allah Azza Wa Jall and the sayings of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam.

They were beautiful yet no foundation ever touched their faces, rather such faces were given such radiance for always putting their heads to prostrate in obedience to Allah Azza Wa Jall

They were beautiful, they were Muslims, they were from the Ummah of The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam, they were like you, O my dear sister in Islam, they were women of Islam and so are you, so what makes you think that these make up things would define your beauty?

My dear sister, no lip color can be better than the remembrance of Allah, no branded clothes can be more beautiful that the clothes of modesty. O my dear sister, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status…

You do not need these things to make yourself beautiful, Allah Azza Wa Jall made you and for that alone, you are most beautiful, remember to thank Him, remember your purpose, Once Allah Azza Wa Jall loves you, He makes those who love Him love you too. Please Allah, Please Allah, Please Allah.

Be inspired with these Sahabiyat, these are the women we should look up to, not those women whom we seen clothed yet not clothed on television, or those women who pose and get photographed everywhere, there is no need to post a picture of you too, remember it is not your face that will be remembered after you die, it would be your character and how you lived your life in accordance to your faith.
    I love you for the sake of Allah Azza Wa Jall sisters, and this article also goes out to those brothers who are married, who have sisters, who have daughters, cousins, nieces, granddaughters and of course mothers.

Let us raise quality rather than quantity.
    _____

And we pray that Allah Azza Wa Jall makes us realize how much beauty there is in worshipping Him and dedicating our lives in service of Him.

Ameen!

ReputationRep:
    Time for results. We have a winner! (I know its pretty obvious :lol: )

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nearly there!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    x
    :ahee:
    Please post the new one with the spacing sorted out whenever you get time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyoti)
    lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    seriously i heard you can get stones in your stomach be careful with it....
    stones in my stomach? What xD The worst I will get is a cardiovascular disease (heart disease) and then have a heart attack and die. Or diabetes. Which Inshallah wont happen...

Spoiler:
    Show
    But black seed oil cures everything anyway

ReputationRep:
    Broskis and Siskas(?), I will give you the completed banner tonight or tomorrow InshaAllah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Broskis and Siskas(?), I will give you the completed banner tonight or tomorrow InshaAllah
    Okay No Problem
    InshaAllah

ReputationRep:
    Just read the translation.
    Amazing surah Subhan Allah :yy: I should read it more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Just read the translation.
    Amazing surah Subhan Allah :yy: I should read it more often.
    JazakAllahu khayran sis, subhanAllah I know. Me too.

ReputationRep:
    JazakAllahu khayran sis, subhanAllah I know. Me too.
    What's your favourite surah?

ReputationRep:
    Oops a little late. Well done Zam

ReputationRep:
    Walaykum asalaam everyone

ReputationRep:
    “He has let loose the two seas (the salt water and the sweet) meeting together. Between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress” [ar-Rahmaan 55:19-20]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    What's your favourite surah?
    Ooh tough. Currently very fond of surah al Rahman and surah Kaff! But now I love al Wa'qirah too lol, and al Imran. SubhanAllah they are all amazing. How about you?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.