For the summer:
- A new goalkeeper.
- A new centre-back (Matip).
- An aggressive, technically gifted defensive midfielder.
- Bring back Markovic to give us an option on the wing (Klopp has discussed our lack of quality in that area).
- A top class addition to the AM, to play alongside Coutinho and Firmino.
I wouldn't mind a new left-back, either.
I don't think a CAM is particularly a priority, we already have Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana. Obviously if we got Gotze I wouldn't be complaining as it would add a bit more quality to the team, but he's a similar type of player to the other three. I'm more interested in getting a winger who will run in behind defences and will also get to the byline and put balls in as it would add something different to what we already have, giving us a different option. Probably a right sided winger due to the limited attacking ability of Clyne/Flanagan at RB. I don't think Ibe can give us that option as he is a one trick pony. Markovic could be that player but I wouldn't be relying on it so I'd still be looking to bring someone in. I just don't wanna see Milner regularly playing wide for us again next season.
As for a striker, again it is not a priority. If we can get someone new on Sturridge's level then great, but as we've seen and as the likes of Arsenal have seen, that is extremely difficult to do at the moment, which is what led to us taking a risk on Benteke. Our problems scoring earlier in the season, were partly down to an injury crisis with our strikers and partly because we tried to prevail with Benteke for too long. Since then we've been doing alright and whilst Sturridge may not always be available, the likes of Origi, Ings and Firmino have proven to be able deputies because they suit the way we play. As I say, if we can find someone near Sturridge's level who suits us, then go for it (I'd love to see us playing a diamond again). However I doubt that will happen, and there is no point buying any more players on the level of Ings or Origi.
I want to see a new quality centre mid personally, Henderson and Can need some competition which Allen and Lucas, whilst good squad players to have around, they don't really offer that. Obviously we have Grujic coming in who could well prove to be that player, but as I said with Markovic I wouldn't be relying on it.
In defence I don't think we need any more CB's. Lovren and Sakho are starting to show that they are developing a good partnership and obviously we already have Matip coming in so I think we're okay for now. Our biggest problem defensively is still set pieces which just changing the CB's wont solve. Obviously we need a new LB though, I don't need to say why. Preferably somebody who can threaten in attack to make up for Clyne/Flanagan on the other side.
So yea my priorities are a winger, CM and LB. After that we can look at getting a GK and a top quality AM/ST. On our day we are already capable of great performances, our problem is consistency so we don't need to go making wholesale changes, just add a little diversity and depth to the squad and maybe a bit more star quality.
- new striker (like Lacazette) who is a like-for-like with Sturridge
- new right winger who has pace and is quality
- new CM to give more depth (not convinced Henderson/Can/Allen/Lucas is enough depth/quality)
- new backup RB (unless we are deciding one of Flanagan, Wisdom or Gomez are good enough) but ideally one who can attack
- new LB who can defend
- new CB to be 4th choice? Assuming Toure/Ilori/Caulker/Skrtel aren't good enough or too expensive in the latter case or we could use Lucas as 4th choice CM and 4th choice CB?
- new GK to compete with Mignolet
Probably means shifting quite a few out but I think Klopp will be ruthless..
Liverpool v Everton rearranged for 20 April
Liverpool v Chelsea on 11 May.