ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Hhahaha exactly what I meant lol
    Lol - when is your UKCAT test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Thank you I'll try my best

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me know how it went! I know you're going to do well.

ReputationRep:
    Just did my UKCAT
    VR-520(pisssed off)QR-680
    AR-740
    Average-650
    Is it worth applying to Dundee, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'll try my best

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatoo)
    Just did my UKCAT
    VR-520(pisssed off)QR-680
    AR-740
    Average-650
    Is it worth applying to Dundee, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Edinburgh?
    Dundee....yes if your GCSE is good
    Aberdeen......Yes if ur predicted grades are good/achieved grades for a level
    St andrews...dunno
    Endinburgh.... i doubt it

ReputationRep:
    Just sat my UKCAT, scored:

VR: 820
    QR: 890
    AR: 730
    SJ: Band 2

Used the UKCAT mocks and medify, did about 75% of the medify Qs but almost all as timed practice. I think VR is a little easier on Medify than in reality and QR is much easier on the real thing... seemed that way to me at least!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    Dundee....yes if your GCSE is good
    Aberdeen......Yes if ur predicted grades are good/achieved grades for a level
    St andrews...dunno
    Endinburgh.... i doubt it
    I am Scottish applicant. I have highers 4A's and a B in chemistry. Predicted I will have Advanced higher AAB/AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fall_)

Used the UKCAT mocks and medify, did about 75% of the medify Qs but almost all as timed practice. I think VR is a little easier on Medify than in reality and QR is much easier on the real thing... seemed that way to me at least!
    well done they're amazing scores! can you please tell me how to do timed practice on medify? i can't seem to find them *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    well done they're amazing scores! can you please tell me how to do timed practice on medify? i can't seem to find them *
    After you login. Click practice. Towards the top right you will see three options in blue the top one will be for timed practice. Just over Ananlysis. I don't remember the exact options. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fall_)

If you don't mind me asking, what was your technique for VR? And how were you doing with Medify questions? Were you getting most of them right with VR? Also any tips and advice? Thanks in advance

Congratulations on your score btw!

ReputationRep:
    So my ukcat is officially done with and I couldn't be more relieved.
    I got
    VR- 590 (lmao)
    QR-780
    AR- 630
    SJT- band 1!!!!!
    Average: 667.
    Thank you so much to everyone on this thread, I am so grateful for all the help and well wishes everyone gave me 😘😋
    Advice:
    VR: don't underestimate this section I ran out of time as questions were honestly so hard, I got quite a few true or false can't tell though but wouldn't say they helped much.
    QR: so much easier than any mock I'd done, some questions were so simple I wondered if it was correct what I was doing but some were still difficult which I just flagged and guessed.
    AR- found this hard as there were lots of partial patterns compared to simple ones, I'd say I got about 45 set A. I was never that good at AR and I had to guess about ten shapes lol.
    Good luck to anyone who still has to take their test! After VR even though it was hard, I calmed down massively as I got so focused in the test It distracted me from how I was feeling. Use the DM section to make notes ready for QR and AR. As you can see I only got a band 1 once in my mocks and in the real exam I finished 8 mins early for SJT as I thought I know I won't get a band 1 but anything above a band 4 is okay (I also knew I would start doubting my answers so I finished early which id advise everyone to do for SJT but I got a band 1 can't believe it!! SJT was alright but there were a lot of passages to read compared to the ones in my mocks.
    These were my mock scores. I hope it helps someone. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474557813.370185.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  134.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So my ukcat is officially done with and I couldn't be more relieved.
    I got
    VR- 590 (lmao)
    QR-780
    AR- 630
    SJT- band 1!!!!!
    Average: 667.
    Thank you so much to everyone on this thread, I am so grateful for all the help and well wishes everyone gave me 😘😋
    Advice:
    VR: don't underestimate this section I ran out of time as questions were honestly so hard, I got quite a few true or false can't tell though but wouldn't say they helped much.
    QR: so much easier than any mock I'd done, some questions were so simple I wondered if it was correct what I was doing but some were still difficult which I just flagged and guessed.
    AR- found this hard as there were lots of partial patterns compared to simple ones, I'd say I got about 45 set A. I was never that good at AR and I had to guess about ten shapes lol.
    Good luck to anyone who still has to take their test! After VR even though it was hard, I calmed down massively as I got so focused in the test It distracted me from how I was feeling. Use the DM section to make notes ready for QR and AR. As you can see I only got a band 1 once in my mocks and in the real exam I finished 8 mins early for SJT as I thought I know I won't get a band 1 but anything above a band 4 is okay (I also knew I would start doubting my answers so I finished early which id advise everyone to do for SJT but I got a band 1 can't believe it!! SJT was alright but there were a lot of passages to read compared to the ones in my mocks.
    These were my mock scores. I hope it helps someone. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474557813.370185.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  134.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU😁, well done, i'm sure you're glad thats it done now😊

ReputationRep:
    hey could anyone help me decide what unis to go for with 650 avg, and Band 2, I was previously thinking Sheffield, Exeter and Southampton but they all rank on ukcat :/ thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did my UKCAT today:

VR - 560
    QR - 710
    AR - 680
    SJT - Band 2

Average 650. Decent but nothing groundbreaking really. In terms of the exam itself, yes VR is extremely difficult. I didn't find the passages too long but some of the questions were odd.

QR was as people say, easier than mock exams but not as much as I anticipated - maybe I just drew harder questions though, who knows.

AR was easier than it is on Medify to say the least, I think a pattern from a mock on the UKCAT website came up so do make sure to do all the questions on there.

Nothing else left to say really, I'm glad it's finally over and good luck to everyone else taking the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise427)
    OMG, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU😁, well done, i'm sure you're glad thats it done now😊
    Thank you so much! I am beyond relieved, I bought a bath bomb from lush to use tonight lmao 👯🦄 got chemistry and bio homework to do for tomorrow tho so can't relax for too long🙄🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Did my UKCAT today:

VR - 560
    QR - 710
    AR - 680
    SJT - Band 2

Average 650. Decent but nothing groundbreaking really. In terms of the exam itself, yes VR is extremely difficult. I didn't find the passages too long but some of the questions were odd.

QR was as people say, easier than mock exams but not as much as I anticipated - maybe I just drew harder questions though, who knows.

AR was easier than it is on Medify to say the least, I think a pattern from a mock on the UKCAT website came up so do make sure to do all the questions on there.

Nothing else left to say really, I'm glad it's finally over and good luck to everyone else taking the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! Very happy for you! Think we had a similar experience then 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Very happy for you! Think we had a similar experience then 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks haha. Just seen your post, well on your score too! You were right lol, we came out with similar scores in the end 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Thanks haha. Just seen your post, well on your score too! You were right lol, we came out with similar scores in the end 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! And Ikr 😋 them medify mocks though lmao glad I don't have to go through the torture of them again any time soon 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatoo)
    I am Scottish applicant. I have highers 4A's and a B in chemistry. Predicted I will have Advanced higher AAB/AAA
    I'm a Scottish applicant with 4 A's and a B too, thank god I'm not the only one haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    I'm a Scottish applicant with 4 A's and a B too, thank god I'm not the only one haha
    Yaas. Thank god someone. What did you get in UKCAT if you don't mind me asking

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.