Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    Could anyone tell me the base salary for the likes of BAML, JPM, UBS?

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    Could anyone tell me the base salary for the likes of BAML, JPM, UBS?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Can someone please outline the key advantages of working at a BB in comparison to a smaller bank such as Nomura or BNP Paribas in front office.

I know that the base rate of pay for the smaller ones is around 43k+, and not sure about the BBs. But what other benefits would there really be? Better career progression? Larger bonuses? Greater network? What about advantages of the smaller ones?
    The website below has a comparison of bonuses between BB and Nomura.

http://www.arkesden.com/investment-banking

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Nomura recently?
    (IB Summer analyst)

Similarly JPM?

ReputationRep:
    Is HSBC's base 50k as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    Is HSBC's base 50k as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HSBC is £50,000, yes. Definitely is for graduates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Can someone please outline the key advantages of working at a BB in comparison to a smaller bank such as Nomura or BNP Paribas in front office.

I know that the base rate of pay for the smaller ones is around 43k+, and not sure about the BBs. But what other benefits would there really be? Better career progression? Larger bonuses? Greater network? What about advantages of the smaller ones?
    you missed out culture and people, when you go to these banks (bb or not) you get a sense for what the banter levels are (which is the most important factor for me). So you may fit better with a smaller bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    HSBC is £50,000, yes. Definitely is for graduates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about for interns? Can anyone confirm?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, anyone did MS 1st round interview S&T? Can't help with other interviews atm but will do in case!
    Is it competency based I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwith)
    Guys, anyone did MS 1st round interview S&T? Can't help with other interviews atm but will do in case!
    Not sure about S&T but anticipate Morgan Stanley interviews to be technical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Should I email RBC if I still didn't hear back for an AC? Passed the tel interview and been 3 weeks now

ReputationRep:
    it differs from people to people, could be mostly fit/motivation/comp/previous experiences.. but wont rule out technicals!! they have your CV infront of them so be ready for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    Should I email RBC if I still didn't hear back for an AC? Passed the tel interview and been 3 weeks now
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    Yes, I did that and they put me on the AC

ReputationRep:
    I did equity research one and it was all competency and commercial awareness

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone experienced an evercore AC?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who's done the Barclays telephone interview, is it motivational and competency questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acqua)
    For anyone who's done the Barclays telephone interview, is it motivational and competency questions?
    How long after doing the video interview did you get it? What division?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bdoskail)
    How long after doing the video interview did you get it? What division?
    2 months after the business insights 2. I applied for wealth (grad)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.