Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    I already know the edexcel chemistry grade boundaries are going to end my life, unit 4 was a myth. The panic has finally set in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2429802 (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7&postcount=88 for where they went from incompetent (different answers to different applicants about when they'd find out and lots of delays and no communication) to negligent) was in 2013 (the first year they were in clearing). The picture was similar in 2014. Last year they seemed to have sorted out the issues around clearing applicants but messed around their near miss firm and insurance applicants instead (we had an applicant on TSR who waited 10 days after results to find out if he was accepted with 1 grade below their offer) and they introduced a bargain bin scheme for rejected applicants this year to force them into courses that couldn't recruit (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...rimary_content ) which is likely to re-emerge in confirmation and clearing)

They're fine as a university - but they don't appear to act in the best interests of applicants during August and I would be very careful to take names, job titles and follow up in writing if you're considering dealing with them for adjustment or clearing this year.
    Thank you so much ! This has enlightened me about how I should handle it.

I will stick with my firm and if I exceed my requirements I will make sure I ring them up and record everything so I do not fall in the same situation others have.

It was scary enough reading it, knowing it could be me in that situation which would be quite stressful.

ReputationRep:
    That UMS thing has me worrying a lot less now, thanks MoonVirgo and z33. In BUSS2 last year I got maximum UMS (so 120) which means I only have to get 200 total UMS from BUSS1, 3 and 4 to get the A I need.

That is how it works, right?

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait until midnight to see edexcel grade boundaries ARGHFSKFHSLKXVHLKXVHXLKV
    i'm trying to pass time by playing the piano, but i've played so much i have vertigo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    That UMS thing has me worrying a lot less now, thanks MoonVirgo and z33. In BUSS2 last year I got maximum UMS (so 120) which means I only have to get 200 total UMS from BUSS1, 3 and 4 to get the A I need.

That is how it works, right?
    yup

ReputationRep:
    This is the end.

ReputationRep:
    I have decided not to look at Grade Boundaries this year, as last year I did and it got me panicking constantly... The stress was unbearable! 😂😒 So I am not making the same mistake again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I have decided not to look at Grade Boundaries this year, as last year I did and it got me panicking constantly... The stress was unbearable! 😂😒 So I am not making the same mistake again...
    Temptation will win. It's just a matter of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    yup
    Awesome, that's really, really put my mind at ease. In both English and Film I now know I've already got at least 70 each towards the overall 320 UMS from the coursework modules. I was underestimating how big of an impact UMS and AS Levels had. Though I am still cautious, just not bricking myself as much as I was before.

ReputationRep:
    I cant be the only one who thinks it's silly that the clearing lines open on the same day as results day. They should have the courses listed but not be able to apply to them till the next day imo to give people enough time to consider their choices and make sure they're not rushing into a decision.
    Basically if I fail I want to have enough time to cry about my life before I have to start making important decisions lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    Do you have any source to support the claim about Durham?

I just thought it was a good idea but if what you are saying is true I will just stick with my firm.
    If you really like Durham, you might as well try. It is a fantastic institution and if you don't try then you'll have to live the rest of your life thinking what could have been. I applied for Cambridge very optimistically, but I thought do it as I would live the rest of my life thinking I could have got there, but now I know I couldn't have. Anyway I prefer my firm choice of Birmingham. What are you looking to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMACM98)
    I cant be the only one who thinks it's silly that the clearing lines open on the same day as results day. They should have the courses listed but not be able to apply to them till the next day imo to give people enough time to consider their choices and make sure they're not rushing into a decision.
    Basically if I fail I want to have enough time to cry about my life before I have to start making important decisions lol
    Ummm generally people are expected to have made a back up plan already by results day about where they plan on going to and then have 9-5 hours to call around and get offers and then decide where they want to go. So you should be making the important decisions now really.

ReputationRep:
    Are the grade boundaries released at midnight tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Don Joiner)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's 8am tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pijktmyha)
    If you really like Durham, you might as well try. It is a fantastic institution and if you don't try then you'll have to live the rest of your life thinking what could have been. I applied for Cambridge very optimistically, but I thought do it as I would live the rest of my life thinking I could have got there, but now I know I couldn't have. Anyway I prefer my firm choice of Birmingham. What are you looking to study?
    True, thats a good way of looking at it.

Law hopefully!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    I think it's 8am tomorrow
    Are you sure? Where does it say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some are, others not until 8 or 9 am. Edexcel are normally around midnight, AQA are normally last to the party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miless090)
    Some are, others not until 8 or 9 am. Edexcel are normally around midnight, AQA are normally last to the party.
    Can anyone verify this? Thanks by the way I'm so so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    True, thats a good way of looking at it.

Law hopefully!!
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if the edexcel bounderies are soo low and I can be more confident for the offer That will be such a good sleep !!!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.