Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethanhenryspolia)
    Wow, u guys got great results! I got 3 A*'s and 6 A's
    Maths - A
    Religious Studies - A* (somehow, i just chatted ****)
    Business - A (one mark of A* :L)
    Eng Language - A
    Eng Literature - A
    Geography - A*
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    Congrats, they are great results! I got 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizz.Unicorn)
    Did anyone else not get a number next to maths (edexcel) I got an A* but thats all it says
    Yeah there was no UMS mark? Congrats on your A*; I got an A.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am just so glad the long wait is finally over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Hey did you do edexcel maths? I did and got an A but there was no UMS mark on my results sheet. Was it the same for you?
    Yeah I thought it was just my school lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    would you say with getting A's with a few B's still give you a good chance at a place at Oxford University.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, So basically I got a D (59) marks whereas I needed 60 marks. Is it worth for me remarking it? If yes I checked the website how do you enquire for a remark? And how much does it cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Yeah I thought it was just my school lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same I thought my school just messed up! It is really annoying me though because I want to know my raw mark. I wonder why edexcel haven't given us the UMS mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    You were so right, I ended up with an A* in maths! Thanks for your support
    No problem
    Wish you all the best in AS or the path you have chosen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyorethedonkey)
    Statistics A*!!!

Only took one cos I'm in year 10
    Well done that's amazing! Especially since you just finished yr 10!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza_X)
    With 3 A's, 7 B's and 1 C I am proud of my self - sure people have done better, and congrats to them but i'm happy with my results, they are my realistic results - A* are hard for me, and I have accepted that.
    All I wanted to do was pass and get my B in biology, maths and english, and I have done so I am happy!

Congratulations to everyone who got their results today!!
    Well done they are great results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZH786)
    would you say with getting A's with a few B's still give you a good chance at a place at Oxford University.
    It depends on the course.

ReputationRep:
    Maths - A*
    Bio - B
    Chem - A
    Phys-A
    Geog - B
    English lang- A
    Engish lit - A
    Art - A*
    DT - B
    History - C

Im so pleased with myself 😌😌😌

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my core science and French result as I am in yr10 it is getting delivered tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Yeah same I thought my school just messed up! It is really annoying me though because I want to know my raw mark. I wonder why edexcel haven't given us the UMS mark?
    I did OCR maths and didn't get a mark on my sheet either. My teacher said they'll have them in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nhomie)
    Maths - A*
    Bio - B
    Chem - A
    Phys-A
    Geog - B
    English lang- A
    Engish lit - A
    Art - A*
    DT - B
    History - C

Im so pleased with myself 😌😌😌
    Congratulations, those are brilliant results! There's nothing at all wrong with A's and B's; well done on gaining such amazing results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i am doing IGCSE . and my results were pretty beyond my expectations..

maths A*
    chemistry A*
    physics A*
    ICT A*
    English ( ESL ) A... and i just needed 1 mark to get an A *..... freaking edexcel.... Pissed me off ....w_t-f is edexcel could lend me a mark..i am gonna recheck my english paper.....

WHAT DO U GUYZ THINK SHOULD I RECHECK OR NO MAY BE I CAN EARN A MARK IN WRITING PORTION.. DEPENDS ON THE CHECKER.?

ReputationRep:
    i am doing IGCSE . and my results were pretty beyond my expectations..maths A*chemistry A*physics A*ICT A*English ( ESL ) A... and i just needed 1 mark to get an A *...... Pissed me off ... edexcel could lend me a mark..i am gonna recheck my english paper.....WHAT DO U GUYZ THINK SHOULD I RECHECK OR NO MAY BE I CAN EARN A MARK IN WRITING PORTION.. DEPENDS ON THE CHECKER.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayacarswell)
    I did OCR maths and didn't get a mark on my sheet either. My teacher said they'll have them in September
    Oh ok thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing AQA Food Tech know how many UMS points you needed to get an A? I got 314 and think I'm pretty close

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys,
    I want to congratulate all of you for your best work.
    I see many of you have achieved what you have wanted and for that, it is fully deserved.
    I want to thank @Starlight15 for the effort he/she has put into doing this thread

If anyone wants to ask about AS levels, I have a thread ready for questions on achieving all As in your subject as no A* exists at A2, you will be glad to hear

I'll link it soon.

Click here (will be soon)

To those of you that have missed out on your top grades by a bit, don't worry.
    Use it as motivation for AS and you will do fine - I have seen this happen so many times, it is more of an inevitability.

I hope you all do well next year.
    I will make some type of official 'Year 13 give advice to Year 12' thread to help you on your transitions.
    I hope all my support on this thread was taken positively, and I never intended to offend anyone.

I'm still around on this thread to give answers for re-marks, but in terms of support, hasta la vista and see you all next year!

ReputationRep:
    My results were a lot less than my school expected (I've suffered with moderate anxiety these last 2 years which the school didn't seem to understand was drastically effecting my performance) but more or less in line with my predictions although the subjects I expected certain grades in got so flipped around! School expected 5A*s. I got:
    A* Maths
    A* Music (Was so so so unwell in the exam (migrane, had lost a lot of blood through nosebleeds etc) that this was crazy. I called my teacher in tears!)
    A Maths
    A Chemistry
    A French (40/40 on Edexcel reading to my shock!)
    A English Language (shocked)
    A History
    A RS
    B English Literature
    B Physics
    B Biology
    B ICT
    E FSMQ Additional Maths (I'm sure most people think this is rubbish but I only realised I was doing this a month before so I was pretty chuffed that I passed!)

My science results I expected to be much higher (A*AA) but all 6 of my Bio/Physics exams weren't good health wise. Going to get my History, RS and English Lit all remarked as all are a UMS mark or 2 off the next grade which was the grade I expected.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.